Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the last thread, looking for poster’s name.

Notes:

“So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in.“

Adding to the list of discrepancies, things that turned out to be different then initially reported (please feel free to correct me if I’ve gotten something wrong, I know you guys will :) ):

1. Door was kicked in.
False, the door turned out to be shot in.

2. No vehicles were seen in the area.
False, the maroon car was seen.

3. Only went a few feet in.
False.

4. Any thing else?

I wonder about these for future reference if these were purposeful fibs for reasons including weeding out false confessions, etc, or if there were other reasons (battery is dying darn)-my interest in analyzing these discrepancies is strictly based on wanting to know everything from an investigative standpoint, how everything all went down, etc, what was going on behind the scenes, etc now that Jayme is safe and the perp is in custody.
I 'm not finding the original poster either.
Apparently they were giving false information for the perp to think they weren't very good at their investigation and therefore making him feel more secure. I think it worked too. I don't think he was worried. I mean, he's smarter than everyone right?
And, if she hadn't escaped he would have gotten away with it. They didn't have a clue about him.

Speaking from experience, being on spectrum doesn’t create desire to kidnap or kill... its mainly a sensory overload of the brain... too much stimulation causes nervousness and uncomfortable anxiety. That’s why it’s easier for someone with aspergers to listen to someone and not look at them...1 stimuli vs 2 stimuli.. sounds insane... but I’ve had 5 min conversation with people not looking at them... they think I didn’t care... I’ll text them the whole conversation back....

This ain’t aspergers or autism, it was a life event..or abuse... or mental snap, and jaymes parents suffered the consequences...

Thank you and I totally agree.
I'm high functioning, so most people can't tell I'm even on the sprectrum.
I even work at a job where I talk to people all the time, but I've learned to adapt and how to manage the sensory overload that comes with the job. I don't make eye contact with people when I have conversations because it makes me extremely uncomfortable.

JP doesn't have autism. And if it turns out he actually does, then I'll eat my words.
I don't even think he has a personality disorder.
He's just a psycho/sociopath.

IMO

Oh yes. Correct. Good point. They knew where Jayme was as well as his cabin but no one was sure of his whereabouts. 30 minutes seems really fast to capture him but kind of long to get to her I guess is what I’m feeling. Usually officers respond to a 911 call faster than 30 minutes. I’m not criticizing them as I’m sure there’s some explanation - could be they are in the nearest city areas at that time to tend to traffic type issues etc so they were all really around 20 minutes away??

Large county. Nearest units likely many miles away. If you are rural it can take time to get there.

Plus, they were approaching as they got closer with some care.

When did the 2 other attempts (by the perp)to kidnap Jayme happen..said perp admitted this...seeing this on my local news..was this info listed in the complaint..I only skimmed the document..

“The defendant stated he drove to the Closs home twice with the intent to kidnap J.L.C. prior to October 15, 2018. The defendant stated that, several days after quitting Saputo Cheese, and about one week to one and one-half weeks before he went through with his plan to kidnap J.L.C., he drove to the Closs home, but there were all kinds of cars in the driveway and it scared him off. The defendant stated on another night, maybe a day or two later, he again drove to the Closs home and noticed the lights were on in the house and people were walking around in the house so he decided not to do it then.
The defendant stated he put quite a bit of thought into the details of how he was going to abduct J.L.C. On one of the nights, prior to his third trip to the Closs home on October 15th, the defendant stated he drove a few miles down the road on County Hwy. D near Sarona and stole the license plates off a vehicle parked in the yard. The defendant stated he stole the license plates because he did not want to get stopped or spotted with his own license plates on his car.“

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I wonder what made the Dad think it was the police outside?
JP said he saw James standing in front of the large picture window to the left of the front door.

JP said he yelled at James to lie down on the ground.

MOO, James assumed it was the police, who mistakenly thought he (James) had committed a crime.

According to JP, James then asked JP to “show me your badge.”

JP then shot James through the glass/wrought iron door window, before shooting at the door bolt.

From the last thread, looking for poster’s name.

Notes:

“So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in.“

RSBM

Did they know he walked throughout the house before he was arrested and told them? It may have appeared he only walked however far to the bathroom because there was no evidence to say otherwise.

I 'm not finding the original poster either.
Apparently they were giving false information for the perp to think they weren't very good at their investigation and therefore making him feel more secure. I think it worked too. I don't think he was worried. I mean, he's smarter than everyone right?
And, if she hadn't escaped he would have gotten away with it. They didn't have a clue about him.

This was me I think, if that's what you guys are referring to?

"So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in."

I believe that is referring to when they passed him on the way to the homicide scene.
Jayne did hear 2 cars with sirens while she was in the trunk but also while she was in the patrol car after being rescued, the patrol car passed him. The female officer driving Jayme called the officer in the car behind her about the red car. The plated were ran so that officer started tailing Jake andcalked for backup. The backup officers were at the Kasinskas and met him to assist. The officers approached him together.

The female officer driving Jayme continues on with Jayme in the car after passing him - rightfully so

The criminal complaint includes the following vehicle description by Deputy Fick:

Deputy Fick reports that, while in route to the residence, he observed a vehicle that was maroon in color and what he believed to be an older style vehicle. Deputy Fick reports that, based on his training and experience, the vehicle appeared to him to be an older Ford Taurus or similar vehicle. As the vehicle was traveling east on U.S. Hwy. 8, Deputy Fick reports he was traveling west on U.S. Hwy. 8, just west of the City of Barron. Deputy Fick reports the vehicle he observed was the lone eastbound traveling vehicle he encountered. Deputy Fick observed the vehicle yield to himself and other deputies responding to the scene. Deputy Fick reports he was unable to see a front license plate and observed a black bracket in the front middle of the bumper. Deputy Fick reports he observed grey or silver trim on the vehicle. (BBM)

Why was this not reported as a vehicle of interest!? If it was, perhaps one of the neighbors in Gordon would have recognized the car.

Maybe if it had been Jayne wouldn’t have lived long enough to escape. Maybe LE wanted him to think they weren’t even looking for his car and would let his guard down after awhile.

“The defendant stated he drove to the Closs home twice with the intent to kidnap J.L.C. prior to October 15, 2018. The defendant stated that, several days after quitting Saputo Cheese, and about one week to one and one-half weeks before he went through with his plan to kidnap J.L.C., he drove to the Closs home, but there were all kinds of cars in the driveway and it scared him off. The defendant stated on another night, maybe a day or two later, he again drove to the Closs home and noticed the lights were on in the house and people were walking around in the house so he decided not to do it then.
The defendant stated he put quite a bit of thought into the details of how he was going to abduct J.L.C. On one of the nights, prior to his third trip to the Closs home on October 15th, the defendant stated he drove a few miles down the road on County Hwy. D near Sarona and stole the license plates off a vehicle parked in the yard. The defendant stated he stole the license plates because he did not want to get stopped or spotted with his own license plates on his car.“

Thanks. Unbelievable...

Jayne did hear 2 cars with sirens while she was in the trunk but also while she was in the patrol car after being rescued, the patrol car passed him. The female officer driving Jayme called the officer in the car behind her about the red car. The plated were ran so that officer started tailing Jake andcalked for backup. The backup officers were at the Kasinskas and met him to assist. The officers approached him together.

The female officer driving Jayme continues on with Jayme in the car after passing him - rightfully so

Then I'm guessing they arrested him 11 minutes AFTER they picked her up.
Rather than 11 minutes after the 911 call. Though... that still doesn't make sense with the dispatcher saying she knew he was in custody when she hung up?

I don't know!

I have only seen small snippets of JP appearing before the judge, but he appears...smug. Not just like he is "proud" of what he accomplished, but as if he feels he is making a statement for a group of people. Does that make sense? As if he thinks he is the poster child for some sort of agenda.

Whether true or not, I think he believes he will become infamous for some sort of 'movement'.

I wish I was awake enough to have the words to better describe this, but I think he is anticipating becoming a "hero" in some sort of fringe group.

He obviously planned this so he is a predator who was looking for a victim IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member