Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I'm guessing they arrested him 11 minutes AFTER they picked her up.
Rather than 11 minutes after the 911 call. Though... that still doesn't make sense with the dispatcher saying she knew he was in custody when she hung up?

I don't know!
Maybe she hung up with Jeanne but stayed in communication with all of the officers??

I kind of want to be a 911 dispatcher now. It’s helpful and heroic but safe :)

In all honesty I don’t understand why some seem to be offended at the suggestion that JP might self-identify as an ‘incel’

I've found this particular little enclave of internet echo chamberhood to be eye-opening in researching....I think this type of 'movement' warrants the concern of society as a whole...

JMO

I also don't understand the diaper issue: either way every second of Jayme's life was Hell on Earth.

Diapers or not....imagine after you're parents are shot cold dead in the middle of the night, hostage to their murderer, fearing every moment: and being up to 12 hours under a bed incapable of moving, incapable of satisfying the most basic human needs? It was as if she were in a coffin, buried alive....

Thank God Jayme escaped: I do believe the 'high' of executing such a plan & not getting caught would have led JP to doing this again once the 'shine' of the Closs murders & having Jayme wore off....
ITA with you our society should be very concerned about the incel 'movement'. I've known about it for awhile as I monitor misogynist boards on Reddit. It is sickening and becoming a problem, everyone just ignores it like most other misogynist things.

There have been several high profile mass shootings/killings by incels, Elliot Roger being one, the Canadian van guy, the yoga studio shooter, the Parkland shooter...they are dangerous. Why is this happening and how can we deal with it? Entitled young men who hate women openly and wish violence on them. They are all praising this guy now. It's just horrible and disgusting.

Self delete. Already answered by other posters.

We used to (maybe still do?) have a tv show on Saturday mornings called It’s Academic. It features local high school teams competing in different rounds to answer questions on various subjects until one team is eliminated. I picture his quiz team being something like that - though maybe without the tv element.

Imo.

He drove by LE on his road, I thought...

“Deputy Dittbrender, with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department, reports on January 10, 2019 at approximately 4:11 PM, she was dispatched along with Deputy Carey, with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department, to an address on Eau Claire Acres Circle, in the Town of Gordon, Douglas County, Wisconsin, for a report that J.L.C. was at the residence located at 14102 S. Eau Claire Acres Circle and needed help. While in route, Deputy Dittbrender reports the Douglas County Communications Center provided additional information obtained during the 911 call. The additional information provided included information that Jeanne Nutter, a neighbor of Peter and Kristen Kasinskas, was currently at the Kasinskas residence with J.L.C.
Out of a concern that Patterson might be in the area attempting to locate J.L.C., Deputy Carey reports the decision was made to immediately remove J.L.C. from the area for her safety. Deputy Carey reports that Deputy Dittbrender drove J.L.C. away in her squad car with Sgt. Engelman following in his squad car. Deputy Carey and Sgt. DeRosia remained at the Kasinskas residence.
Deputy Dittbrender reports that, as she was traveling along the western side of the loop of Eau Claire Acres Circle northbound to County Hwy. Y, she observed a vehicle approaching eastbound on Hwy. Y and then turn south onto Eau Claire Acres Circle as Deputy Dittbrender approached the intersection. Deputy Dittbrender observed the vehicle was red in color and possibly either a Kia or Ford as the vehicle passed her. Deputy Dittbrender reports she asked J.L.C. if that was Patterson’s car and J.L.C. stated she didn’t know. J.L.C. indicated that she thought his car was a Ford, and that he also had other cars. Deputy Dittbrender reports she notified Sgt. Engelman and Sgt. Derosia of the red car she had just passed.
Sgt. Derosia reports that Sgt. Engleman ran the plate on the vehicle. Sgt. Derosia reports dispatch advised the vehicle was registered to a Katie Patterson, the last name matching the name of the male subject J.L.C. had identified. Sgt. Derosia reports he positioned his squad car in a way so he could observe the vehicle as it passed his location. Sgt. Derosia reports as the vehicle passed by him, he observed a lone male occupant driving the red colored vehicle. Sgt. Derosia reports he also observed the vehicle’s drivers side rear taillight was broken, as well as no functioning rear license plate light. Sgt. Derosia reports he pulled out and followed behind the vehicle while waiting for another squad.
As he was following the vehicle, Sgt. Derosia observed that it passed the driveway of the address that was listed for that vehicle at 14166 S. Eau Claire Acres Circle, in the Town of Gordon, Douglas County, Wisconsin. Sgt. Derosia reports he conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle just as it passed the driveway. Sgt. Derosia reports he approached the driver’s side door while Sgt. Engleman approached on the passenger side. Sgt. Derosia reports the driver and lone occupant in the vehicle was instructed to raise his hands in the air. Sgt. Derosia reports he then instructed the driver to open his door. Once the door was opened, Sgt. Derosia asked the driver what his name was. The driver informed Sgt. Derosia that his name is Jake Patterson. Sgt. Derosia reports he instructed Patterson to step out of the vehicle and, as he did, Patterson stated I know what this is about “I did it”.“

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

Last edited:
This was me I think, if that's what you guys are referring to?

"So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in."
I think they wanted the perp to think they weren't very good at their job.
But, of course he would have to had known they found Denise in the tub so maybe it was in case any nutcase confessed he wouldn't have the correct info. So, it was probably to weed out the nutball confessions.

Is it possible to start a separate thread somewhere on the forum where we can discuss toxic masculinity as it does appear to be at the root of several cases on here.

ETA: If information comes out that JP was part of the incel movement will we be able to discuss it as part of this case?
Probably not because neither are recognized as being any sort of diagnosis. They are not in the DSM but there are plenty of Mental Health Disorders that are which may apply in this case. Imo

I have only seen small snippets of JP appearing before the judge, but he appears...smug. Not just like he is "proud" of what he accomplished, but as if he feels he is making a statement for a group of people. Does that make sense? As if he thinks he is the poster child for some sort of agenda.

Whether true or not, I think he believes he will become infamous for some sort of 'movement'.

I wish I was awake enough to have the words to better describe this, but I think he is anticipating becoming a "hero" in some sort of fringe group.
I saw someone unaffected. Usually those facing charges like this come in with dark circles under their eyes at the very least. This guy didn't seem bothered at all.

Jayme said Patterson once got angry with her and hit her with a handle used to clean blinds. He said the punishment would be worse if she angered him again, according to the complaint. Patterson admitted threatening the girl and warning her not to leave the house. He said the girl had at least twice tried to get out from under the bed but that he struck a wall and screamed "to the point where he knew she was scared and she knew that she better never try that again."

Complaint reveals chilling details of Jayme Closs' abduction, captivity

I don't know about anyone else, but Jayme's accounting of Jayme's of her treatment in captivity seems very positive to me. It suggests that the 3 months at the hands of this monster may not have been as horrific as we have imagined.

Now this may be all that is printable now, and/or Jayme hasn't detailed all that happened (which is probably true). It may be so much worse.

But maybe there is a chance in JP's twisted mind that he was isolating, disciplining, and grooming her to eventually want be with him.

I'm going to at least hope that is the case.
Wishful thinking IMO. They haven't at all said what happened save for those details because of Jayme's age and for her privacy.

Maybe if it had been Jayne wouldn’t have lived long enough to escape. Maybe LE wanted him to think they weren’t even looking for his car and would let his guard down after awhile.
I dunno. For a case they claimed they had absolutely no evidence or leads that seems a bit over the top. Sheriff stated after they had him there were no tips that led to him and that Gordon was never an area of interest. They weren't keeping these things a secret to play a game with the perp. IMO it seems negligent. We all kept saying what if the answers were right there the whole time? And here there was a vehicle never mentioned? I don't get it.

I think they wanted the perp to think they weren't very good at their job.
But, of course he would have to had known they found Denise in the tub so maybe it was in case any nutcase confessed he wouldn't have the correct info. So, it was probably to weed out the nutty confessions.
Yes, exactly. That's why they would not confirm that Denise had barricaded herself in the bathroom, I would think. I think that information came from a family member. Imo

RSBM

Did they know he walked throughout the house before he was arrested and told them? It may have appeared he only walked however far to the bathroom because there was no evidence to say otherwise.

I'd say this is plausible, Although I haven't been in any houses with a shower/bathtub or "full bath" within 5' of the front door. Just my personal experience and definately makes you wonder what they meant MOO

We used to (maybe still do?) have a tv show on Saturday mornings called It’s Academic. It features local high school teams competing in different rounds to answer questions on various subjects until one team is eliminated. I picture his quiz team being something like that - though maybe without the tv element.

Imo.
I think so too. At our school we have Knowledge Bowl. I imagine they are all similar.

Maybe she hung up with Jeanne but stayed in communication with all of the officers??

I kind of want to be a 911 dispatcher now. It’s helpful and heroic but safe :)
No you don't. You can't pick and choose what is on the other end. Sometimes it is too late to be the hero. My aunt is one and she has undergone therapy for some pretty traumatizing things. Including her own child's suicide.

It is haunting me that for 88 days, while we were discussing this case, that she was under that bed or worse. I know a lot of us thought she was no longer alive. I thought she would never be found. It sickens me.
I do feel bad for his family as well, no doubt they have countless regrets and this alters their course of life forever.
The two things I still question are why they didn’t put out info about the red/maroon Taurus (my only thought is they feared it would lead him to kill Jayme), and why it took 911 sooooo long to get to her. I would hate to live so far away from help.
I can’t believe how brave she was to try an escape. She must have had enough and thought it was worth risking death.
As with all these cases, I wish this had never happened.
Edited to add one more question: how did Jayme know his middle name? It was on the 911 tape.

ITA with you our society should be very concerned about the incel 'movement'. I've known about it for awhile as I monitor misogynist boards on Reddit. It is sickening and becoming a problem, everyone just ignores it like most other misogynist things.

There have been several high profile mass shootings/killings by incels, Elliot Roger being one, the Canadian van guy, the yoga studio shooter, the Parkland shooter...they are dangerous. Why is this happening and how can we deal with it? Entitled young men who hate women openly and wish violence on them. They are all praising this guy now. It's just horrible and disgusting.
Oh my goodness. I just learned of this term today, have never seen it before. But, I must say last night reading comments about this case at an international newspaper site- I saw comments praising this fool and denigrating the victim. I was astounded by what I read. Now- I'm with you, we had better take a good look around. Mass shootings by isolated, loner ,young men <----that in itself is much to be concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie