Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA with you our society should be very concerned about the incel 'movement'. I've known about it for awhile as I monitor misogynist boards on Reddit. It is sickening and becoming a problem, everyone just ignores it like most other misogynist things.

There have been several high profile mass shootings/killings by incels, Elliot Roger being one, the Canadian van guy, the yoga studio shooter, the Parkland shooter...they are dangerous. Why is this happening and how can we deal with it? Entitled young men who hate women openly and wish violence on them. They are all praising this guy now. It's just horrible and disgusting.
Those people you mentioned, meet the definition of “mass murderers.”

Although those people had a particular target group, they are no different from mass murderers who target other groups.

The psychology is the same.

The grievance is different.

These people all share similar characteristics, and do not plan to get away with their crimes.

Most of them will take their own lives, but some do surrender peacefully.

This wasn’t that.

There is no evidence that JB was a member of a group like that, or was fueled by the collective hate that those people perpetuate.

He is likely a sociopath, whose reasons for committing this crime were his alone.

This was not a cultural thing, it was a personal one.

Hi, everyone. Isn't this the best, other than her being traumatized by this assh---. I couldn't be happier for this poor, devastated little girl. I think her parents were watching from above, along with God, and tried to direct everything to keep her safe.

I hate to sound stupid (and I know I could google, but know I will get better info from you guys, and maybe some direction to search with regards to read, but what is the incel movement. I must admit I have never heard of it. Thank you for anyone who will answer my question. Katt

No you don't. You can't pick and choose what is on the other end. Sometimes it is too late to be the hero. My aunt is one and she has undergone therapy for some pretty traumatizing things. Including her own child's suicide.

Thank you for sharing your family's personal experience. We like to think of Amy whose agile mind enabled a quick intervention, yet we don't speak of those at the call center who had to take Denise's call.

It takes a *very* special sort of human to do this work, a lot of training and learning. This line of work definitely tales a toll, as all emergency service providers can attest to.

It is haunting me that for 88 days, while we were discussing this case, that she was under that bed or worse. I know a lot of us thought she was no longer alive. I thought she would never be found. It sickens me.
I do feel bad for his family as well, no doubt they have countless regrets and this alters their course of life forever.
The two things I still question are why they didn’t put out info about the red/maroon Taurus (my only thought is they feared it would lead him to kill Jayme), and why it took 911 sooooo long to get to her. I would hate to live so far away from help.
I can’t believe how brave she was to try an escape. She must have had enough and thought it was worth risking death.
As with all these cases, I wish this had never happened.
Edited to add one more question: how did Jayme know his middle name? It was on the 911 tape.

Good comments & good questions! As I was listening to the 29 minute 911 call (made from the K’s house), I too wondered what the dispatcher was doing, what the knocking noise was... and especially what was taking LE soooo long to get to the K’s house, where Jayme was after her escape!

I don’t know. You’re right, he did spend his entire life in a form of isolation.
But he also likely saw himself as an unrecognized nobody. He’s famous now, or infamous.
He may finally see himself as somebody, and revel in the fact that he is now well known.
He committed a crime that everyone is talking about, and seems to have communicated a level of arrogance and pride as he told law enforcement about this crime.
He might be enjoying this.

I, personally, don’t read bragging in his statements to police. I read cold, detached and disassociated. I saw that in his face at the hearing today.

That type of “flat” disposition comes from somewhere. It’s not really something you develop overnight. Most commonly from mental illness combined with abuse or a traumatic experience.

IMO the short stint in bootcamp broke a guy who was already mentally struggling. Add on extreme isolation once coming home and it reads like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

I have a firm belief that nothing will drive someone crazier faster than prolonged isolation or osterization. I won’t be surprised if we hear about an extreme shift in personality and behaviors once he arrived back home.

Not excusing the guy. Just giving my opinion on “how it gets to this point”.

(I like how the defense attorney referenced his clients “feelings”...like that’s first on anyone’s list...)

ETA / quote for reference, what a pile of horse crap :

“We did have a chance to meet with Mr. Patterson tonight. One of the first questions we were asked is 'how he is feeling.' I can tell you Mr. Patterson’s feelings are consistent with what you would believe of someone who was involved in these allegations.”

“How is he feeling?” Gimme a break!

Attorneys for Jake Patterson, suspect in Jayme Closs case, speak out ahead of court hearing
I saw a clip of the attorneys on my local news tonight and they stated that they have had cases with much more evidence against their clients get dismissed....................here we go

100%. The first PC after she was safe where they patted themselves on the back over and over drove me nuts. They worked their asses off but came up with nothing. She saved herself.
Well, to their credit, they kept the word out. I really think they literally had nothing to go on. However, I think if they would have released info about the Ford Taurus they might have gotten something. I still can't understand why they didn't. I would like that answered by them.

Wishful thinking IMO. They haven't at all said what happened save for those details because of Jayme's age and for her privacy.

Agree. It’s wishful thinking... but 90 days is much better then 2 yrs plus..

She was still with it and brave enough to bolt...

John McCain was what 4 yrs in POW set up... did pretty well...
Some people are just hella tough... hope that’s what we got here...

I can only imagine when she’s 19/20 and people don’t instantly recognize her it will be boatload easier..

I, personally, don’t read bragging in his statements to police. I read cold, detached and disassociated. I saw that in his face at the hearing today.

That type of “flat” disposition comes from somewhere. It’s not really something you develop overnight. Most commonly from mental illness combined with abuse or a traumatic experience.

IMO the short stint in bootcamp broke a guy who was already mentally struggling. Add on extreme isolation once coming home and it reads like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

I have a firm belief that nothing will drive someone crazier faster than prolonged isolation or osterization. I won’t be surprised if we hear about an extreme shift in personality and behaviors once he arrived back home.

Not excusing the guy. Just giving my opinion on “how it gets to this point”.
I firmly agree with you on all points.

Hi, everyone. Isn't this the best, other than her being traumatized by this assh---. I couldn't be happier for this poor, devastated little girl. I think her parents were watching from above, along with God, and tried to direct everything to keep her safe.

I hate to sound stupid (and I know I could google, but know I will get better info from you guys, and maybe some direction to search with regards to read, but what is the incel movement. I must admit I have
never heard of it. Thank you for anyone who will
answer my question. Katt
I would avoid discussing incel forums here. It does not apply to this case. I don’t recall any absolute direct links to incel forums and killers at all and there’s definitely no link to this case. It seems every time a girl is killed someone brings up incels. Until there is a proven link, I don’t think it
should be discussed here. But that’s just my opinion. I am not going to debate anyone on it.

Reading the complaint file was heartbreaking. That poor girl ... what a nightmare.
One of the things that really got me too, was the fact that the police only JUST missed him as he left the house with Jayme in the trunk. What a tragedy of timing. Although if they had caught him at that point, it might have ended up with him still escaping, but with dead police officers as well.
It's just such a horrific story all round.

Edit - sorry can't figure out how to post the image, but in his confession he said that he had only been driving for what the thought to be 20 seconds from the house, when he yeilded to the police cars on their way to the house.

uvcNECr

I saw a clip of the attorneys on my local news tonight and they stated that they have had cases with much more evidence against their clients get dismissed....................here we go
I saw that too. Geez! What might they have in mind and in their conscience to try get this maniac back out on the streets?

No, it's state-by-state. In my state, if a police car is behind you then you have to pull over or, if you can't, then at least slow down so that they can pass. As JP was leaving, however, he passed the cruiser going the opposite direction. That's different.

Yes, in Wisconsin, you have to pull over. And he did pull over.

Idea as to why the Taurus wasn't publicly announced: Could the stolen plate that was on the Taurus have been from a Challenger? That could explain why at first they were looking for a Challenger but then they seemed uncertain as to just what they were looking for.

Thank you for sharing your family's personal experience. We like to think of Amy whose agile mind enabled a quick intervention, yet we don't speak of those at the call center who had to take Denise's call.

It takes a *very* special sort of human to do this work, a lot of training and learning. This line of work definitely tales a toll, as all emergency service providers can attest to.

Thank you.

I commend all those who do this line of work. I would never be able to remain calm. I am too easily emotional. I grew up watching/listening to Rescue 911. Totally dating myself with that one, but all those dispatchers maintained their composure no matter the nature of the call. Definitely special people in that line of work.

Folks we are going to get back on track discussing the details of Jayme's case. So much information was revealed today with the criminal complaint, JTP's appearance in court and the 911 transcript.

Keep the topics of gun control and masculine toxicity off the thread. If you want to discuss those topics take it to the private conversation/inbox area.

The thread is open again.
Bumping this.

He is. He is going to relive in his mind that night, and those 88 days, for the rest of his life, over and over......MOO
The ironic part is that the number 8 turned sideways is the symbol for infinity.

88 days holding a girl hostage after killing her parents might be considered by some spiritual people as being an infinite time of punishment in the afterlife, I'm not sure.

Most sheriffs are widely dispersed. The original response was so quick because it was close to shift change (we learned from the complaint, as I theorized a long time ago, BC deputies were in dispatch when the 911 hangup happened).

For Douglas, it was mid-late afternoon, closer to shift change, and the units likely widely dispersed. If you live in a large, rural county, it can take a while.

The County seat (hub) is Superior, WI which is quite a distance from Gordon, WI. No surprise at all that it took the time it did to arrive there . . . Google Maps

I would avoid discussing incel forums here. It does not apply to this case. I don’t recall any absolute direct links to incel forums and killers at all and there’s definitely no link to this case. It seems every time a girl is killed someone brings up incels. Until there is a proven link, I don’t think it
should be discussed here. But that’s just my opinion. I am not going to debate anyone on it.
I thought i read the mod. say it wasn't a topic for discussion here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998