Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end the Occam's Razor rule turned out to be correct once again.

It turned out to be exactly what it seemed to be all along which was an unknown predator had invaded the home belonging to a very good family and brutally murdered two loving parents so he could kidnap their targeted 13 year old child victim.

There was simply no evidence throughout the entire three months showing anything other than exactly what it appeared and turned out to be.

Imo

Imo

Yeah its incredible how simple this case ended up being as far as the raw details. Want girl, see girl, take girl and kill anyone who try's to stop me.....

On my bus duty days I often wished every child getting on the bus leaving school would have some adult in charge to see them safely the rest of the way to their homes as they got off the bus.

Even if her mom or dad had been waiting in the driveway when she got on or off the bus JP would still have targeted Jayme.

Jmo

I'm pretty sure law enforcement will look at this particular crime as a case study for many years. Guy has blood of ice, doesn't care if people are killed to achieve his ends and does lots of clever things to minimize evidence.

One wonders about his upbringing.

Good on Jayme for escaping - she's a brave young woman.

It’s mean, imo, to be saying negative things about the released photos of Jayme.

[Not picking on any post in particular there has been a couple I just don’t have the heart to bump.]

The comments sort of hearken back, for me, to some of the ugly remarks [not at WS] about the original photo that was used.

It’s a bit of normalcy to be taking selfies- for everyone. Let them celebrate.

imo

Even if her mom or dad had been waiting in the driveway when she got on or off the bus JP would still have targeted Jayme.

Jmo

Agreed. He took her with parents there. He just killed them when they got in the way. No one was going to stop this from happening. He made sure of that. I don't like the road that some go down musing that a little more parental guidance would have helped.

She was with her parents. You can't protect your kids from monsters. That is the hard truth.

It’s mean, imo, to be saying negative things about the released photos of Jayme.

[Not picking on any post in particular there has been a couple I just don’t have the heart to bump.]

The comments sort of hearken back, for me, to some of the ugly remarks [not at WS] about the original photo that was used.

imo
I know you’re talking about my post, and it’s not mean to think of her emotional well-being. Jayme’s a beautiful girl, no question. Her family loves her, no question. But, they don’t need to share pics of her in her fragile state to celebrate.

Jmo

I would say ring camera woulda stopped him... but I’m not sure if there were 10 cameras he’d not do this...

He says he tried this twice before worried about being caught... I still think he had to do recon or was in house before... ring cams or security cams are cheap now and covered by insurance... if he’s 6 ft doughy guy in Wisconsin that would be hard to narrow down ... especially no record...

Do y’all honestly believe 0 recon, o google search, 0 anything...

Just spot jayme ... that’s it?

The decision to kidnap and hurt total strangers is not hard for me to believe, but indeed it makes the case very hard to solve. Jayme and her family were in no way connected to JP, so there were few, if any, leads. So I’m trying to gather elements and “red flags” from this case that we could be searched to help in other similar abductions in the future.

• Balaclava
    JP bought a black balaclava at Walmart to prepare for his crime.
    • Item to look for: recent purchases of balaclava (also duct tape, rope, adult diapers) in the area
  • License plates
    JP stole license plates from another vehicle to mask his own car.
    • Item to look for: recent records of such thefts in the area
  • Military
    JP enlisted with the Marines but was discharged after just a few weeks.
    • Item to look for: recent records of abrupt military discharges in the area. Also: local businesses with recent employee firings
  • Bus
    JP spotted Jayme at a bus stop and followed her bus route a few times.
    • Item to look for: did the school bus driver notice a recurring car/driver in the recent weeks?
That’s all I have for now.
How about A red Taurus.

One thing about cases involving children like this is that everybody wants to look at it and say omg if this can happen there it could happen anywhere. While I think its valuable to try to understand how JTP and others like him can be stopped. I think its far more important for society to look at how they become who they are, from childhood up till adulthood. I will always teach my kids as they grow to be aware of their surroundings, stranger danger etc. But I will never allow them to grow up always living in fear. I have met many people that grow up to be scared of everything and they are some of the most unhappy people I have ever come across! I think its very important to remember that as far as preventative actions, There was nothing any of the victims could have and or should have done in this case. This was a complete stranger killing and abduction and there is no way that anybody in that household could have had any reason to believe that they were going to be targeted.

I’ve read countless places that “The Gift of Fear” is a wonderful book that anyone/everyone should read. I think it’s about trusting your gut instincts. I’ve yet to read it myself. Has anyone read it? I know it couldn’t have helped Jayme’s nightmare, but if it somehow helped identify these creeps, maybe her ordeal wouldn’t have had a chance to be carried out. Idk. jmo
Regarding this book and any other really...Just want to remind folks that if your local library does not have it, they can interlibrary loan it for you in book or audio form (if audio is out there). Also, it seems very few people around me realize that most libraries also allow you to borrow books and audiobooks for your kindle and iPod or MP3 player through their websites.

Will there need to be a trial since JP has confessed and given an accounting of how things went down?

If murder carries a life sentence, right there is two life sentences. What can they plea it down to one life sentence without parole, plus the 40 years for kidnapping? It doesn’t matter, this monster will never walk free again!

Why spend taxpayers money and put JC thru the trauma of
a trial when bad boy has admitted to the crime and explained how he carried it out? Jayme is a living victim to what he says and can collaborate it.

The sooner he is sent to the big house and out of the news, the sooner Jayme can begin her privacy, healing, and new life.

imo

I wholeheartedly agree! thank you

imo
I think if Jayme and her family/friends are okay with releasing photos to be put out in the public domain it's fine.
As long as Jayme is okay with it that is all that matters.

I know you’re talking about my post, and it’s not mean to think of her emotional well-being. Jayme’s a beautiful girl, no question. Her family loves her, no question. But, they don’t need to share pics of her in her fragile state to celebrate.

Yours was not the only post although it was a bit better than the others.

They don't need to post but they want to.

Comments on the state of her hair after having been in a big dread-lock in that weather and the indication she should be mortified about it is really quite unnecessary, imo.

Dear Yellow Rose,

Thanks for showing us this absurd headline that "tabloids" choose and are wrong and misleading!

Never fails - does it? There are always these ridiculous headlines and, as you say, they do this for "hits" on their website.
It's so crazy because they actually got some things right, i.e denise in the bathroom. You don't know what to believe

On my bus duty days I often wished every child getting on the bus leaving school would have some adult in charge to see them safely the rest of the way to their homes as they got off the bus.
But that wouldn't of mattered in this case because it was a violent home invasion in the middle of the night long after the school bus had left. All IMO.

In the end the Occam's Razor rule turned out to be correct once again.

It turned out to be exactly what it seemed to be all along which was an unknown predator had invaded the home belonging to a very good family and brutally murdered two loving parents so he could kidnap their daughter Jayme who was the 13 year old child victim he had randomly targeted.

There was simply no evidence throughout the entire three months showing anything other than exactly what it appeared and turned out to be.

Imo
Sure wasn't what Mark Furhman had claimed it was about.

I keep seeing it posted that there doesn't seem to be "red flags" with this guy but in the tiny bit of information we know about him there is already a red flag with his 1 and 2 day employments and lack of employment - which tells me he may have issues with impulse control, irresponsibility, and/or difficulty with relationships. All three of those are signs/characteristics of a "sociopath" (Anti-Social Personality Disorder) as well as other various mental health disorders. Again we have the tiniest tip of the iceberg information on this guy so I can only imagine there are dozens of other "red flags" that could have clued his family and friends in about possible mental health/sociopathic issues.

* I am by no means saying that any adult who can't hold down a job is going to murder and kidnap people; however if I had a family or friend that would work for 1 or 2 days and quit and struggled with maintaining any regular employment I would for sure be looking closer at their other behaviors as this is a huge indicator for mental health concerns not being addressed as well as drugs/alcohol abuse. These mental health concerns can be anything from depression, anxiety, PTSD to more extreme issues like personalty disorders. I sure as heck would pay extra attention if any family or friend struggling with this had access to firearms. If we spent more time educating and ensuring plenty of resources and support for mental health individuals like him might not slip by unnoticed until its too late.

True! I've had pets (dogs and even cats) who know when someone is arriving well before the person is within hearing distance. I live in the city where there is always sound around us, but the animals still know. I didn't think about this aspect, but it possible the dog sensed something. Well, I will like to think that anyway. :)

jmo

Dogs are incredible, really. Mine are so in tune with me and our home. Normal vs. out of place. My dog barking at my neighbor coming home - his bark pretty much says "hey, Frank's home. Just letting you know". His bark, that is more abrupt, loudness coming from down deep in his chest, has my FULL attention. Good boy. I will take a look.

It's very much possible that the bark JC heard from her dog, while a little guy, was alarming enough for her to get up and look out the window. In this case, terror was right outside the door sadly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members