TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, I should sit on my hands for fear of being attacked in this thread for even suggesting she did it but I just can't understand the page after page of scenarios where she is innocent and the BF did it when there has been zero indication of such.

Sad for ALL those who loved these women, regardless.
And what would be the motive- he has no legal/financial obligation, those kids were not his so no custody issue, he doesn't need a huge insurance payout if there is one. All of the normal motives don't seem to apply. Even a love triangle doesn't compute- they were not married so he could have just kicked her out. This is a very sad situation and of course the police should triple check everything but at this point I am leaning toward the coroner's conclusion.

Autopsy rules mother's shooting death a suicide

From the above link:

Olsen had made plans to take her 10-year-old daughter to auditions for the NBC TV show “America’s Got Talent” this past Friday, Baptiste said. She also intended to take care of her brother’s daughter Saturday.

Olsen had canceled all her work appointments for the week last Tuesday, which Baptiste said she found strange. But the night before her death, Olsen scheduled two appointments with clients for Thursday morning — the same morning her body was found, Baptiste said.
I find her cancelling appointments odd, and I find even odder that she scheduled two for the morning she was found deceased. Could the killer have made her schedule appointments, as part of a cover up scheme?

The police are still yet verify the bf's alibi so how can he not be a POI? The police ever say he was not?

IMO she did not commit suicide nor kill her daughters makes zero sense, someone has got away with murder from the looks of things. She was already judged negatively from the public because she had 3 kids from 3 different dads.

The killer had enough time to cover his tracks.
I believe that I read he is a POI also.

BBM. Yikes. This made me physically cringe.

I've never heard of that case, so thanks for giving me an example. OP seemed to suggest this type of thing happens often (people getting away with murder bc of autopsy reports, not nipples getting cut off :eek:) and while I'm not denying it's happened, I just don't think its a frequent occurrence. jmo

Yeah his is the weirdest case I’ve ever heard of, and it happened 2 miles from my house. I couldn’t find a thread on here for it.
I agree that this type of thing does not happen often, and in Nichol’s case I’m sure there was good reason to rule it suicide. They know things we don’t. But, I’m also glad they are doing a thorough investigation because it’s so surprising to those who knew her. And taking the girls with her is another level to try to comprehend.

ETA
TX - TX - Col. Philip Shue, 54, San Antonio, 16 April 2003

I found the thread for him. I had spelled Philip wrong! :p

Last edited:
“I want to point out that the medical examiner’s findings are independent of what we may eventually find as we continue to conduct this investigation,” Salazar said Monday. “Ours is a separate, but concurrent, investigation. This case is definitely far from over. We’ve really just begun,” he said.

To me this sounds like he is indicating that LE is not convinced that it was a suicide. Maybe there were indications at the crime scene that another person was present. Maybe the scene looked staged in some details. Maybe something seemed off in a suicide note, if there was one. They must have found something that seems inconsistent with suicide apart from family and friends not believing it.

I also find it odd that the bf's whereabouts that night have not been verified yet. It seems an easy and quick thing to do. Where was he that his presence could not easily be checked?

I get the feeling LE are trying to tie down loose ends to verify M/S without lingering questions. Piggy backing on the coroner’s report could certainly come off as lazy.

Verifying where someone was isn’t always simple. Let’s say he went and checked into a Super 8. If you go to your room and shut your phone off and go to sleep, it’s only presumptive that you were there. Proving you never left requires surveillance cameras, etc. It can be a fair bit of due diligence.

I used to sleep nights at my office occasionally, and proving I was actually there all night would have been difficult.

Last edited:
BBM. Yikes. This made me physically cringe.

I've never heard of that case, so thanks for giving me an example. OP seemed to suggest this type of thing happens often (people getting away with murder bc of autopsy reports, not nipples getting cut off :eek:) and while I'm not denying it's happened, I just don't think its a frequent occurrence. jmo

Suicides that weren’t, (MOO), :

Drew Peterson from Illinois-
His first wife, Kathleen, was found dead in the bathtub. Drew, a cop, “found” her. In spite of history of severe physical abuse by Drew, ME declared suicide. Several years later, 2nd wife Stacy “disappeared”, body never found. Investigation of Kathleen’s “suicide” was re opened, Drew is now in prison for her murder. Stacy still hasnt been found.

Rebecca Zahu-
Found bizarrely strung up, hanging from her balcony naked and posed as if in flight. Very elaborate system of binding. Declared suicide, case closed. Lots of influential and wealthy persons in her life, some who had motive. I cant prove it was murder and apparantly neither could DA. Case closed, suicide. I’m sure I’m in good company in saying I dont believe she did this to herself. MOO.

If a number of posts speculate about the boyfriend, it may be due to common sense and this 2016 FBI report:

"The study found that nationwide, 93 percent of women killed by men were murdered by someone they knew and that the most common weapon used was a gun."

No doubt LE knows this well, which is why they will take autopsy report as merely one factor.

Another suicide that most likely wasn't: The Isdal Woman, Norway, 1970. Just finished listening to the BBC/NRK podcast DEATH IN ICE VALLEY. I would venture that women probably suffer from wrong autopsies than often than men.

“Many people never let on what they are feeling or planning. The paradox is that the people who are most intent on committing suicide know that they have to keep their plans to themselves if they are to carry out the act,” says Dr. Miller. “Thus, the people most in need of help may be the toughest to save.”

Suicide often not preceded by warnings - Harvard Health Blog

Waiting for LE to complete their full investigation into who killed the girls and confirm the COD for NO.

Which leads me to ask, is it normal that it is taking LE this long to confirm the ID of the 10 yo victim? Seems odd to me.

I get the feeling LE are trying to tie down loose ends to verify M/S without lingering questions. Piggy backing on the coroner’s report could certainly come off as lazy.

Verifying where someone was isn’t always simple. Let’s say he went and checked into a Super 8. If you go to your room and shut your phone off and go to sleep, it’s only presumptive that you were there. Proving you never left requires surveillance cameras, etc. It can be a fair bit of due diligence.

I used to sleep nights at my office occasionally, and proving I was actually there all night would have been difficult.

I am not sure, cell phones, GPS, cameras, can probably help people with alibis.

“This case is definitely far from over. We’ve really just begun,” he said.

Salazar urged anyone with information that may be helpful to the case to contact the Sheriff’s Office at 210-335-6070 or at BCSOTips@bexar.org.

They may have a screenshot in their possession of some of the social media used by at least one of the decedents in this case,” Salazar said. “We’d like to see that. If there was any communications between anybody in the general public and anybody involved in this case ... we would like to see that information.”

Autopsy rules mother’s shooting death a suicide - ExpressNews.com

I wonder what they could be looking for...

Until LE states he is a POI,he should be off limits and treated as a victim.

Trey Ware | KTSA

(the link goes to the main page of the radio show, but once the page loads, the interview is what you will see. I couldn't figure out how to link directly to the audio file)

I apologize if this is not the correct way to post a link. This is a local radio show from this morning, an interview with Sheriff Salazar about this case.

At about 3:40 in, they discuss whether the homeowner is a suspect. Sheriff says "...I think we're calling everybody involved in this case a Person Of Interest...." Sheriff was then asked whether the homeowner was cooperating. Sheriff calls him a "cooperating person of interest".

I don't believe the homeowners name is mentioned. However, is this enough to begin a conversation about the homeowner? (being named POI)?

BBM. I can't think of any off the top of my head... who are you referring to that got away with murder because of an autopsy report?

When I mean got away with murder I mean say for example a husband or wife who had murdered their previous partners for insurance money. Some have got away with it and the others who got greedy are caught usually after the 3 or 4th husband/wives death deemed to be suspicious.

It's when the LE delve deeper into their past their find out their previous partners died of similar circumstances. They fact lies the murderers would had got away with it if they were not greedy. Now think of the thousands who have gotten away with murder thanks to wrong autopsys?

They are meaningless to me in this case - surveillance cameras and modern technology trumps the human findings any day of the week

I am not sure, cell phones, GPS, cameras, can probably help people with alibis.

That is why I mentioned if his phone was turned off and the need for surveillance cameras. Not sure what you are expanding in, specifically. I didn’t say it was impossible, just that it requires corroboration.

You can also leave your phone behind and go kill someone.

Until LE states he is a POI,he should be off limits and treated as a victim.

He is a person of interested and it was even stated.

The fact they are not ruling it a suicide and carrying looking at surveillance and took away his truck means he IS a person if interest.

And why do police have to announce someone is a person of interest?

Take for instance Chris Watts the police came to the house, took away his truck and interview him and neighbors but they never publicly declared him as a POI until his arrest.

How is what the LE are doing now any different? If the BF is not a person of interest goodness knows what is?

Curious to find out what your definition of POI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member