GUILTY GA - Newborn, found dead in cooler on side of road, Troup County, 6 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

cybervampira

Reaction score
Troup County Sheriff's Office

NEWS RELEASE

1/7/19

Deceased Newborn discovered on side of Troup County Road

On January 6th at 3:20 PM deputies with the Troup County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to Boy Scout Rd off New Franklin Rd regarding a deceased newborn that was found on the side of the road. Once on scene deputies and investigators discovered what appeared to be a deceased newborn child in a portable cooler bag. Witnesses in the area stated the cooler had been on the side of the road near the wood-line for several days, possibly up to a week. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday at the GBI Crime Lab.

The cooler is light blue in color with pictures of watermelon slices and zips at the top, front and sides. If anyone has any information regarding this case you are asked to call our investigators at 706-883-1616 or Crime Stoppers at 706-812-1000.

upload_2019-1-8_7-59-40.jpeg

GEORGIA INFANT FOUND DEAD: Baby found in cooler on side of road; Police trying to find owner of cooler

TROUP COUNTY, Ga. - Authorities are working to identify a baby who was found dead Sunday afternoon in Troup County.

Troup County sheriff’s deputies were called to Boy Scout Road off New Franklin Road about 3:20 p.m. after someone found the baby’s body in a cooler on the side of the road.

Witnesses told authorities that the cooler, a zippered bag on wheels with watermelon print, had been sitting there for up to a week. Investigators are working to find the owner of the cooler.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wsbt...cd0HLirTx6c6hE_qKVlrNtLP9dqNUs1xc9Dr8nWRbVihg

Key information about the baby’s death remains unknown after an autopsy was completed on Tuesday but required further blood tests to help determine a cause of death. The testing is expected to take several weeks to months to complete.

The newborn was described as a full term, white female and showed no obvious signs of trauma or injury.

Witnesses in the area said the blue portable cooler adorned with watermelon slices has been on the side of the road near the wood line for several days, possibly up to a week.

A newborn baby was found in a cooler. Now Troup Co. officials want to find her mother

More than a year after a baby’s body was discovered in a cooler on the side of a Georgia road, investigators think they have identified the child’s mother.

The break in the investigation came earlier this week after authorities in Troup County got a match on the child’s DNA through genetic testing, Troup sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Stewart Smith said.

Caroline Riley Propes, 19, of Newnan, was arrested Thursday on a charge of second-degree murder in connection with the case. According to investigators, DNA evidence showed she is the biological mother of the newborn baby found Jan. 6, 2019, in a remote area of the western Georgia county.

Teen arrested a year after baby’s body found in cooler on Georgia road

John Henke 11Live Facebook post.

Joe Henke 11Alive
Finally, an arrest and a possible end to a very disturbing story from January 2019 in Troup County. I haven't forgotten the details of this story since I covered it. Original story on 11Alive: Dead newborn found in cooler bag along Troup County road

A newborn was found dead inside a cooler on the side of the road. Now the sheriff's office using DNA evidence has made an arrest and charged who they believe is the biological mother with murder.

Details just sent to me by e-mail from the Troup County Sheriff:
"On March 26th, Investigators arrested Caroline Riley Propes, 19 years of age, of Newnan and charged her with Murder in the 2nd degree. Investigators submitted a sample of the baby’s DNA to DNA Solutions (Oklahoma City, OK) for forensic DNA analysis. When the analysis was complete, the results were then sent to Innovative Forensic DNA, LLC (Skippers, VA) for investigative genetic genealogy research. The genetic genealogy research led us to Propes being the biological mother of the baby.

“From the moment this case was opened, I and my team of investigators were determined to bring this case to a conclusion. I cannot thank them enough for their determination to close a case that touched many people and were it not for the work of DNA Solutions and Innovative Forensic DNA, LLC, this case may not have been solved. We greatly appreciate their assistance”. Sheriff James Woodruff"

I don't like it when young women who may have done this in desperation are charged with murder. INMO, they need help. I also think that if Roe vs. Wade is ever overturned in our country, this type of situation will be happening frequently.

I don't like it when young women who may have done this in desperation are charged with murder. INMO, they need help. I also think that if Roe vs. Wade is ever overturned in our country, this type of situation will be happening frequently.
bbm
Absolutely, you are right. And it may well happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back