Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds about right...

Warped Jake Patterson, 21, dated the 'shy, geeky' girl in ninth grade but became so embittered when they broke up he allegedly slashed the tires on her mom's car.

The balding introvert was never able to convince any other girls to go out with him after that, according to classmates at Northwood High School in Minong, Wisconsin.

Jayme Closs' kidnapper is branded a '*******' by his 'first and last' girlfriend | Daily Mail Online

There are a lot of interesting statements in this report. Unable to keep a girlfriend. Slashed tires. “If he had someone that loved him” and talks of a fist fight on a school bus in HS.

Starts painting a picture of what I would suspect we’d be hearing.

Although it’s daily mail who is paying people for these comments.

I wonder where he drove before going to his house . It's only an hour away isn't it?
According to Jayme, her abductor then bundled into the trunk and drove her approximately two hours to the cabin where he would hold her for the next three months until her remarkable escape last week.

I don’t think he went anywhere else and went straight to his home. Jayme was scared, in the trunk, bound. She took a guess at being in the trunk for two hours. She had no way of knowing for sure. Honestly, I’m impressed she was that close on her time in the trunk.

There are a lot of interesting statements in this report. Unable to keep a girlfriend. Slashed tires. “If he had someone that loved him” and talks of a fist fight on a school bus in HS.

Starts painting a picture of what I would suspect we’d be hearing.

Although it’s daily mail who is paying people for these comments.

I take anything the Daily Mail reports with a grain of salt.

I don’t think he went anywhere else and went straight to his home. Jayme was scared, in the trunk, bound. She took a guess at being in the trunk for two hours. She had no way of knowing for sure. Honestly, I’m impressed she was that close on her time in the trunk.
I agree. Hell, an hour tied up in a car trunk, could feel like a day.

Did JP have additional or stolen license plates... on the vehicle or in garage ?
Sorry if covered..

As a burn pit or ash heap were not visible on the premises, and statements included Jayme witnessing Patterson burning her clothing in a fireplace in the home, it would be interesting to find whether that was searched for evidence as well.

I'd be wary of overlooking any feature of the property inherently created for the purpose of disposal.

Allegedly, JP stole a plate, and placed it on the car he was driving while on his way to commit the abduction/murder. MOO
But, I'm not sure I believe that either. per the complaint LE ran the plates on the Taurus and it was listed to his sister iirc. He seems like a pretty lazy guy to me so if he did steal and switch plates I don't see him putting back the original ones.

Maybe he did drive 2 hours to throw her off as to how far away from home she was, he seems like he may do something like that jmo

I had assumed he’d never had a girlfriend but the story of this one girlfriend also makes sense. I also assume he’s a virgin and I assume he is bitter / resentful / angry about that. To be clear, there’s nothing wrong with being a virgin, or not, but I believe to him there is, in addition to having had no other romantic relationships.

It sounds like he has a history of explosive anger and rage. Poor Jayme.

<modsnipped rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, based only my observations of Jake in court yesterday and also by having read the transcript of the Criminal Complaint, I believe Jake is arrogant and self-confident, violent and cold blooded and very, very, very calculating.

I am of the opinion Jake had been planning or fantasizing about abducting for quite some time, perhaps months or years, before picking Jayme as the one. I believe his plan did include what his exact intentions were for her and what his exit strategy was going to be once he decided the time to exit was right. I do not believe Jake returned to his home and removed Jayme from the trunk and then said to himself "now what?" Nor do I believe he had any intention of wanting someone to play house with.

Given Jake maintains a relationship with his parents and Grandmother and possibly others, regardless of the nature of their relationships, I believe from the get go that Jake calculated out and knew all along that he would only be able to keep Jayme for "awhile", as with time he knew he stood more of a chance of being found out.

I believe Jake had the intention from the get go to eventually kill Jayme and dispose of her remains. Jake has no compassion whatsoever, as one can easily determine by reading the criminal complaint. IMO, Jayme's days were numbered from day one. I also believe Jake loved following the case through the media and took great pride in what he believed "he got away with". I believe he would have disposed of Jayme in a manner that would make it difficult to locate her remains for a long time, if not forever. Or, alternately, he would have disposed of her in away that would allow her remains to be stumbled upon which would allow him several more months of the media discussing Jayme Closs whilst he patted himself on the back gloating about what a mastermind he was and how stupid everyone else was.

And with time I have no doubt he would have been out hunting for his next victim. I believe he would have continued on to be a serial killer/ abductor.

But who knows..............and I am of course only speculating and am expressing my opinion only. Thankfully Jayme escaped, I do believe her days were numbered.

His father signed the house over to the bank just days after he took Jayme. He would not have been able to stay there much longer and probably would not be able to take her with him when he was evicted. This would have not have had a good outcome if she did not escape.

I had assumed he’d never had a girlfriend but the story of this one girlfriend also makes sense. I also assume he’s a virgin and I assume he is bitter / resentful / angry about that. To be clear, there’s nothing wrong with being a virgin, or not, but I believe to him there is, in addition to having had no other romantic relationships.

It sounds like he has a history of explosive anger and rage. Poor Jayme.

I’d be very interested to hear from his foster parents about what they remember of him.
I agree, this rings true.

I also didn’t think he had a girlfriend, but with his personality, it’s not surprising to hear these details.

Prosecutors have declined to say exactly when Patterson first spotted Jayme, but Vassiadis said he worked at the factory Oct. 3 and 4 and then didn’t show up Oct. 5 and beyond.
“He was a no-show,” the rep said.
https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/mom-of-jayme-closss-alleged-kidnapper-is-totally-distraught/

I agree with prosecutors because I don't believe JP only saw JC once -- IMO, he'd been stalking her for awhile, that led to his actions.

The more that comes out, the more JTP 'feels' like a serial stalker. MO- apply for job, attend only long enough to case an area and dump it to pursue cruising for victims. Use of 'job' as excuse for extended periods spent hunting victims and fantasizing about abduction.

Many overlooked things come to mind considering this avenue of action.

The neighbors said they heard 2 gunshots at 0031. 911 call was placed at 0054. J.P states he was only in the house for about 4 minutes. Law enforcement stated the suspect was only in the house for a short period of time in the beginning and so many people discredited that because of the neighbors claims. Hopefully this can be a reminder of how much faith you should put into a witness statement when deciding on the validity of law enforcement claims.

I still can’t let it go that maybe the Ss DID hear the first 2 shots from JP. It’s possible their clocks were off more than they knew. Shotguns are mega loud. That would’ve carried for a ways being outside. I know it isn’t popular opinion, but my brain won’t let it go. It’s driving me crazy. Totally JMO.

His father signed the house over to the bank just days after he took Jayme. He would not have been able to stay there much longer and probably would not be able to take her with him when he was evicted. This would have not have had a good outcome if she did not escape.
This was a false report. The mortgage had been paid off.

“BARRON, WI — Documents show the mortgage on the remote cabin where Jayme was released soon after the girl’s abduction.

Records show the Superior Credit Union certified the mortgage on the cabin near Gordon and it was fully paid and satisfied by Jake Patterson’s father.”

Documents show mortgage of cabin released following abduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member