Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it posted upthread somewhere that JP had people over that didn't recognize Jayme?
Yes. You're a fully grown adult. Not a terrorized child who just saw her parents get their heads blown off by the same guy now telling her to stay put or he will do bad things to her.

Are we really questioning this child? It's not Stockholm. It's not brainwashing. It's terror. Terrorizing a child.
Agree, what he did was just brutal to say the least.

I truly believe this is NOT his first attempt at Abduction. He had just succeeded with Jayme. It is worth looking into to any other cases that are near his living area that may be runaways and or unsolved MISSING. He looks extremely young and I could see where he would DEF not appear to be a "threat" to most people physically. But if you are a teenage girl that isn't prepared I feel it is very possible he has done or TRIED this before. Anyone that may be able to look into his past previous residences, areas, etc it would be interesting to know what is found. Thoughts & Comments welcomed.

Hmm. Maybe they were busy checking databases for maroon Ford Taureses. Checking for months and doing research to see if anyone ended up on their radar. And in the meantime they threw out fake cars to make the perp think he was safe?

FBI was involved. Is this is a possibility?

I think it is. I remember also how the public was told the Challenger and the black SUV tips could stop being called in... then, the public was told LE would get back with more information on the subject... then, had more surveillance films to look at the vehicles again due to some uncertainty, etc. It was all very up in the air for awhile there and then it was confirmed the public no longer needed to call in car tips. Certainly, imo, things were going on behind the scenes that the public knew nothing about concerning vehicles on the roads the night of the murders and kidnapping.
Jmo.

Scary thing is, iirc his father lives up near there. Was he thinking he’d crash at dads during the work week and leave Jayme at home? At this point, I’d probably believe that he would do something like that.
Probably planned to have disposed of Jayme by then. This is a self confessed cold blooded killer!

As I stated there are hundreds of thousands of isolated loners. Almost none of them do things like this.

We are talking about "red flags" not taken seriously. But given the fact that there are so many people like that, they're really not red flags except in retrospect. Most dudes like this never do anything remotely evil.

Some people are quiet and awkward. We can't force everyone to be social in the way we feel is healthy.

And maybe his parents did try some of those things.

Oh I think something was wrong. I question why a man that age wasn't working but was living and surviving at the former family residence. Seems some enabling was going on.

But so what? I see that regularly in my practice. I just had a settlement conference where the two parties factored in the monthly expenses one was covering for their adult son who lived with her. I assumed he was disabled or something. Nope. A healthy man in his 40's, who mom and dad support because he chose a career in the entertainment industry and was waiting for Netflix to buy his show or whatever.

This happens all the time. Parents enable. Parents don't see anything critical.

And most times they just end up with a child who isn't independent nor has a social or family life of his own. Not a lunatic murderer.

There are also many people that suffer from some type of mental illness. Sometimes they can't work, or are very socially awkward but that rarely makes them dangerous. A lot of people that have mental health issues you wouldn't even notice unless they told you about their problems. Redflags as you pointed out could be everywhere depending on what you look for.

There are also many people that suffer from some type of mental illness. Sometimes they can't work, or are very socially awkward but that rarely makes them dangerous. A lot of people that have mental health issues you wouldn't even notice unless they told you about their problems. Redflags as you pointed out could be everywhere depending on what you look for.
Yes that's true and even psychopaths don't always murder anyone either from what i have read about the topic.

Maybe JP's problems had more to do with anger and control issues?
He was what most people would call a loser and perhaps he felt like one too, so could of been a catalyst for what he did? He was then in control of a situation with a weapon, in the worst way possible. All IMO.

I didn't take the post as victim bashing. The poster was just thinking about what she would do in such a situation IMO.
Yes, I did take it that way as there was nothing in the post to show any understanding or empathy of the situation a very young girl found herself in other than what the poster thinks they may have done in her shoes. I cannot imagine how I would have reacted seeing both my parents killed and then being kidnapped. I wouldn't presume to do so.

I'm caught up! Ok I have some responses saved up. Most are from the last thread so sorry I don't have proper quotes.

"Threw a license plate in their garbage can, did he stop to take it off/unscrew it? "
In HIS garbage can.

"Taurus and one distinction that they may know the car has is a black thing sticking out from its front grill"
That's referring to the plastic license plate bracket, that did not have a plate.

"The sentiment that "there's nothing families can do" isn't true and unfortunately leads to many people believing that there is nothing they can do so they do nothing. "
<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
And then my theory on the Taurus. I've mentioned some other logical possibilities before, just trying to rule things out, but this is what I think.

First I think they did think the Taurus could be the bad guy, when they reviewed the cams. But they didn't have much info about it. An older burgundy Taurus or something similar is a pretty vague description, and they didn't have a plate to go by. They were trying to get better views from cams, and possibly from the parties in the "vehicles of interest." Meanwhile though, they had profiles of the bad guy from the FBI. I expect the profiles included that he thought he was smarter than LE. Not even mentioning the Taurus, would reinforce that he'd outsmarted them. They knew he'd be watching the coverage. So by looking clueless, and getting some of the facts wrong, the profilers would be telling them, he'd be smug with delight. Maybe a lot of the things they said were designed to tell him "we don't have a clue!" Such as searching west, when he drove east. Naming other cars, then saying they're not sure about the cars afterall. Why would they do that? Maybe the profile said, that if he thought they were on to him he'd just kill her. And that Jayme's best chance of being alive at the outcome was if he let his guard down and she had the opportunity to escape. Maybe that's why the weird messages in the press conference with the aunts & Molly. They figured he was watching, and maybe Jayme had a chance to watch too. In case she did, telling her, come home. Get away! They were right. If they had come busting down his door, would Jayme have survived? It's been frustrating as heck for us trying to figure stuff out with no information, but what if that no information was carefully calculated not for us, but for the bad guy? JMO

Hi everyone,

First time poster here, looooong time lurker, we're talking years without ever having signed up until today!

I'm in Australia which makes keeping up difficult as I'm asleep while you're all posting and for a case like this, there's always so much activity so I apologise in advance if im repeating something that's already been discussed.

I had a thought while reading about JP hiding Jayme under the bed when friends were over. Can someone please tell me if the friends visiting the house while Jayme was there have been confirmed by LE or if any of these friends have come forward? My thinking behind this is that this information has come from Jayme herself, yes? And she also said that he would turn music up so she couldn't hear what was going on outside the room she was in. So what if this (as in friends visiting the house) is just something he told her to appear popular and normal to her and not like the sad, anti-social loser he really was? Just an idea that popped into my head, but to me IF his deranged plan was to keep her as his girlfriend, then maybe he was trying to portray himself as an ordinary guy with friends and an active social life when in reality no one ever came to the house apart from immediate family.

All my opinion, based purely off the fact that I'm yet to see any confirmation from LE or these supposed friends that there was ever anyone else there. Sorry if I've missed something though and gone off on a wild goose chase for nothing!
Welcome!

I've presumed the same thought. JP with some minor exceptions had extensive trouble socializing with other people. I doubt he had friends and the only person who visited IMO, until proven otherwise; was his father.

From reading the Complaint pdf. after Jayme was rescued a red vehicle drove by and the officer thought a Kia or Ford. She asked Jayme if she recognized it as JP's car, and Jayme said she didn't know.
It was reported to the other LEO's and they ran the plate on the vehicle which came up as registered to KP which is JP's sister.
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I am seeing authority and father issues all over this. not to simplify, bc it is more complex than that, but in the little we have heard from his punishments of JC, he is like a child looking for a proxy he can act out the authority he has had acted out on him, while not wanting to get caught. and at the same time, taunting his own father by having him over with the girl hidden under his bed. I mean, how symbolic is that?

I was also thinking it could possibly have something to do with (perceived) abuse by an older sibling.

O/T Can anyone tell me how to start a new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave