Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Man tied to missing TX woman believed dead arrested in GR

Marks’ wife, Ginell McDonough, is in the Muskegon County jail for harboring a fugitive — her husband.

Maya Maxwell, who officials identified as Marks’ girlfriend, is also in the Muskegon County jail for tampering with evidence.

The article also talks to April Pease's mom who is aware of developments, and authorities say Marks' children are safe.

Nice mugshots of the wife and girlfriend. Waiting to hear if more charges are brought against them for helping Marks.

The crazy thing is the wife has been married to him since 2003 IIRC (according to a MSM article). So before the April relationship/her disappearance. Then another girlfriend is charged with helping getting rid of evidence. So, multiple girl friends while married and I assume wife knows since she helped hide him. Makes you wonder how involved/how much she knows! MOO

The crazy thing is the wife has been married to him since 2003 IIRC (according to a MSM article). So before the April relationship/her disappearance. Then another girlfriend is charged with helping getting rid of evidence. So, multiple girl friends while married and I assume wife knows since she helped hide him. Makes you wonder how involved/how much she knows! MOO

I was thinking about this as well. I believe at least one of the females is cooperating with police since the Oklahoma lead came soon after they were questioned initially. The question here is this.... how many victims have there been? It seems he liked to prey on women with addictions and control them.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this as well. I believe at least one of the females is cooperating with police since the Oklahoma lead came soon after they were questioned initially. The question here is this.... how many victims have there been? It seems he liked to prey on women with addictions and control them.
I was thinking about that too.

Ex-boyfriend of missing Temple woman, his wife, his girlfriend in jail

upload_2019-1-16_22-5-48.jpeg

[...]

Cedric Marks, 44, was arrested in Kent County, Michigan, Jan. 8 on a burglary warrant out of Temple, Muskegon County Prosecutor D.J. Hilson confirmed to KXAN sister station WOOD. Marks' wife, Ginell McDonough, was booked into the Muskegon County Jail on Jan. 11 and faces a harboring a fugitive charge after being accused of hiding Marks. She is said to have allowed Marks to stay in her home from Jan. 5 until Jan. 8 when he was arrested, all while knowing Marks had a warrant for his arrest out of Texas.

Maya Maxwell, Marks' current girlfriend, faces tampering with evidence charges.

According to the chief trial attorney at the Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office, they were informed Sunday that authorities in Texas had issued charges against Maxwell for tampering with evidence. Maxwell waived extradition Wednesday in Michigan and now, by statute, Texas authorities have 10 days to make arrangements for her extradition.

[...]

“TEMPLE, Texas — The wife of Cedric Marks, Ginell McDonough, faced a judge in Mukegon County, Michigan Wednesday morning on a charge of harboring a fugitive.

McDonough, 37, is accused of allowing Marks and a woman named Maya Maxwell, 26, to stay with her in her rented home from Jan. 5 to Jan. 9.

[SBM]

McDonough told the judge Wednesday she is an Army Staff Sergeant. The judge set her bond at $75,000.

[SBM]

The Michigan prosecutor told the judge McDonough may have additional charges connected to the investigation in Temple.

[SBM]

Michigan State Police are investigating whether McDonough knows anything about Mark's whereabouts when he was in Texas. Investigators said they are working to determine if she had contact with Marks during his trip to Texas. She has already acknowledged harboring Marks both before and after the trip.

[SBM]

Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza would not provide specifics on why Maxwell was charged but he sent the following statement to Channel 6:

‘Maya Rene Maxwell has been charged with the 3rd degree felony offense of Tampering with or fabricating physical evidence arising out of Bell County, Texas. She was arrested in Michigan, and is awaiting extradition to Bell County, Texas. The expected date of return is in the immediate future. Her bond is set at $150,000.’”
Army staff sergeant, wife of Cedric Marks, charged with harboring Marks and woman wanted in Temple

I haven’t heard- are they continuing to search the property they found them at?
It may not mean anything, but the following makes me wonder if that may be the case:

Published: 2019-01-15T18:27:35Z
Updated: 2019-01-16T02:07:36Z

“At 10:25 a.m., the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said they are assisting multiple agencies, including Texas law enforcement, in a homicide case in Clearview, which is about an hour south of Tulsa.

Temple police said on Tuesday they obtained information relating to the investigation of missing Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin that lead them to the area in Oklahoma.

Law enforcement at the scene of the house in Clearview said they would be at the home for multiple days searching about 100 square-yards. No one is living at the home, but it is not a completely abandoned property.” (BBM)
Temple Police: Bodies found in Oklahoma are believed to be Jenna Scott, Michael Swearingin

The comment would have been made prior to Jenna and Michael being found, so perhaps at that point, they just assumed that it would take them much longer to find their bodies. Or, it may be that they are looking for something more, IMO.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder what kind of charisma, control, whatever this guy has... he's got his wife allowing he and his girlfriend to stay in her home. Hard to understand the mindset(s). And both of them covering for him!

“Landowner’s family speaking out after bodies found on Okfuskee County property”

“CLEARVIEW, Okla. — The grandson of a landowner says his family has no connections to two people whose bodies were found on a rural Okfuskee County property.

[SBM]

On Tuesday, investigators combed the property on E. 1140 Road in Okfuskee County, which belonged to the late grandfather of Therren Lusk.

‘I just want to know why. I don’t understand why they put it on my grandfather’s land,’ Lusk said.

His grandfather, Benjamin Garrett, died two years ago. To this day, the property remains in his family.

‘I have a cousin who we lease the land to. He keeps his cattle on the land, so he’s here and he comes and feeds his cattle,’ Lusk said. ‘We got a phone call from a family member and told us that an undersheriff or sheriff is supposed to be calling, because they’ve got a tip that there was some bodies in the land and we’ve been waiting since Saturday for the phone call. Never got the phone call. Yesterday, we watched the news and it was on the news.

Lusk said his family does not know Scott or Swearingin.

‘It’s a bad thing, and I just wanted to clear my family’s name on behalf of my Pop Pop because this is what he built, and I didn’t want my grandfather’s name being tarnished,’ he said. ‘I hate it for the victim’s family and the victims. It’s just…I really don’t know. It’s just sad.’” (BBM)
Landowner’s family speaking out after bodies found on Okfuskee County property

So does the family know Marks?

Looks like there might be an answer about the car. MM admitted driving it to Austin.
Women linked to man at center of deadly disappearance case remain jailed

Maya Renee Maxwell, 26, who was arrested on Jan. 11 in Muskegon on a Bell County warrant charging tampering with evidence, admitted that “she was involved with leaving Swearingin’s vehicle in Austin in hopes to conceal it from law enforcement, a warrant affidavit released Wednesday says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire