CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well stated! You should run for the Colorado legislature. They need a clear mind at work.

lol

I'm in Michigan but would definitely be in that "old Colorado" camp you mentioned.

We don't know whether PF is as you described. He could be watching Dancing with the Stars and re-runs of Downton Abbey for all we know.

We do know that he made 3 solicitations trying to get someone to murder KB. We do know that he abuses animals.

Previous threads were closed, so I couldn't post a replies on the matter of PF abusing horses and dogs (not your posts, Sandy).

Not every rancher, farmer, horseman or woman has to be the Horse Whisperer or Dog Whisperer when training dogs, but there is NO EXCUSE for abusing animals -- EVER! It's not teaching them a lesson. It is animal cruelty.

Monty Roberts doesn't "break" horses. He forms a partnership with them.

imo

:LOVE:

So glad you posted that.

This is gut feel but I think KB might have insisted on being married first prior to him moving in permanently and/or had determined he was not ever going to be godly enough to marry. This is still a real big requirement in religious families. The pregnancy was unplanned but the living together was not going to happen.
ITA.

I've not been very active on this case like some previous cases on here. But, I thought I would chime in on something somewhat off topic. I was married for 13 years to a manipulative control freak. He had no money, I had no money. We had no kids together but that didn't keep him from using my own child and doing everything he could to make me pay ( Not Money wise). What I did, I'm not sure but I will say that although he would never work (he bartered a lot) I had begun a career. He hated it! He was so jealous of it - it made him boil. He beat me, threatened to kill me many times, stalked me, shot at me, you name it. I guess my point is that it is not always money as the motivator. Just control. Pure Power and control. It doesn't have to be another woman, money, insurance, ss, child support, or even child custody. Just Control.

As far as Kelsey’s cellphone goes it could have been a company phone or it was attached to a family plan.

My phone is on my daughter’s account, if something happened to me she could probably give permission to look at data.

Did KK arrive in CO on Thanksgiving? I’ve only found info she was there on Saturday. Tysm

I don't think we know when she arrived. Weren’t the Rs supposed to talk about her trip to Colorado in their Sunday interview? That never happened for whatever reason.

It’s simply my personal belief that she didn’t just get there Saturday, and that’s for two reasons.

One, I don’t think she drove 800 miles then turned around and drove right back. That would be a hell of a drive to do in about 24 hours.

And two, if she was so hung up on PF, I think she would’ve wanted to spend some time with him after driving that far.

Of course, the whole claimed relationship could be complete bs and PF and KK were not dating and she wasn’t hung up on him. That could just be an excuse for her to claim she was brainwashed or manipulated or whatever.

If she didn’t have a romantic interest in PF though, I can’t figure out a motivation for her to be involved.

Surely PF could’ve found someone local to drive the phone 100 miles west or so and dispose of it. It never needed to go 800 miles, just leave town.

The person he recruited had to see some kind of “reward” for helping him. And what would motivate a woman to drive 1600 miles round trip to dispose of evidence?

Yes.
If KB were dead, he would get custody of the baby girl. He would have money coming in via baby girl's inheritance (KB's life insurance, house, etc). A lot of the inheritance would be in a trust fund that baby girl would inherit when she turned 21, but PF would still get money to support baby girl.

imo moo

Wasn’t the house basically protected by her parents through some sort of method?

Also, I tend to doubt the baby was named a beneficiary for any kind of insurance policy. First, I don’t know if you can designate someone that young. And secondly, I have seen others say that beneficiaries must be spouses or blood relatives, so PF couldn’t benefit directly. So, I tend to think that if KB had policies, her parents were named beneficiaries so that the money could be spent on the baby right away. JMO.

Also, I don’t think we can be assured that PF was after money or needed money. I think the assumption is that he must be broke because he lives with his money.

In actuality, he could be sitting on a lot of money because he probably doesn’t have housing expenses. We really don’t know how much money he does or doesn’t have.

I missed many posts, but last thread someone mentioned that we know that KK was in CO on Saturday. Do we know that from the Sonic video? Or LE. You would think someone saw her there.
R's didn't say which day she left. I don't think they gave a timeline. It seemed like they meant the weekend, though.
I had thought she was in town when the murders occurred, but perhaps she could have gone there to get the phone as poster mentioned. New thought for me.

Has it been officially stated? I don’t think so.

But the Rs said KK did indeed make the trip to Colorado and took possession of the phone.

Just based on time, distance and the ping in Idaho, KK would had to have been in Colorado by at least Saturday or very early Sunday.

Given the distance from WP to Gooding Idaho, and the ping there around 5:30pm, KK would’ve had to have left WP around or prior to 5:30am Sunday, as I believe it would’ve taken at least 12 hours for her to get that far. If she had to stop for gas, bathroom, food, fatigue, it would have taken even longer than 12 hours to get from WP to Gooding.

So, it’s an assumption, but one I feel confident in. IMO, Kk was definitely there on Saturday. However, I also believe she was there much sooner than Saturday. I don’t believe she drove 12+ hours to pick up a phone, only to drive 12 hours straight back.

The only way she wasn’t there is if she met someone part of the way. If that was the case, the Rs would have said that (as it would remove KK from possibly being directly involved in the murder or aftermath). They didn’t say that. They said KK went to Colorado.

We don't know whether PF is as you described. He could be watching Dancing with the Stars and re-runs of Downton Abbey for all we know.

We do know that he made 3 solicitations trying to get someone to murder KB. We do know that he abuses animals.

Previous threads were closed, so I couldn't post a replies on the matter of PF abusing horses and dogs (not your posts, Sandy).

Not every rancher, farmer, horseman or woman has to be the Horse Whisperer or Dog Whisperer when training dogs, but there is NO EXCUSE for abusing animals -- EVER! It's not teaching them a lesson. It is animal cruelty.

imo
From what we know, it appears PF has a serious anger problem when things don't go his way. imo

But the Rs said KK did indeed make the trip to Colorado and took possession of the phone.

Just based on time, distance and the ping in Idaho, KK would had to have been in Colorado by at least Saturday or very early Sunday.

Given the distance from WP to Gooding Idaho, and the ping there around 5:30pm, KK would’ve had to have left WP around or prior to 5:30am Sunday, as I believe it would’ve taken at least 12 hours for her to get that far. If she had to stop for gas, bathroom, food, fatigue, it would have taken even longer than 12 hours to get from WP to Gooding.

So, it’s an assumption, but one I feel confident in. IMO, Kk was definitely there on Saturday. However, I also believe she was there much sooner than Saturday. I don’t believe she drove 12+ hours to pick up a phone, only to drive 12 hours straight back.

The only way she wasn’t there is if she met someone part of the way. If that was the case, the Rs would have said that (as it would remove KK from possibly being directly involved in the murder or aftermath). They didn’t say that. They said KK went to Colorado.

I often drive 800 miles or about 12 hours to visit family.....I always leave really early at like 3 or 4 am and typically arrive no later than 4:30 pm. And that’s with 3 kids, by myself, driving through 2 large cities even in the winter. If someone is used to the long drive it isn’t that big of a deal. I don’t think it’s a stretch that she left early Sunday morning to arrive by late afternoon. I think as soon as she got back she got rid of the phone.....she likely didn’t want it in her possession any longer than necessary. MOO

In cases where the perp knows the victim, and other than killing children, I don't think I've ever seen someone so harmless as Kelsey. She wasn't some controlling hag; she wasn't trying to screw him out of money or property; she wasn't a liability in any way. Had her own place and a decent job with a promising future. Her last conversations with her mom didn't indicate distress, as though she and PF got in some big fight. She strikes me as though if they'd broken up that she'd still be fair with making sure he had quality time with baby K. I just don't see anything that would have provoked him. All I can think of is that he was afraid she might leave Colorado, with the dissolution of marriage plans, and feared losing the baby.
I think it's a possibility she might have decided to leave CO. I know she had that house and baby with PF, so I'm a fence sitter on this. Some women do catch on to a guy's real self in time; such as anger issues, lying, immorality of some type to include theft, etc, and decide to leave. It's pretty common to get lovebombed and then the reality of who they really are creeps in. You may end up feeling like that guy's conscious, as well, because they don't seem to understand right from wrong. Some women do leave that situation. But her mom didn't say so so I'm unsure.

As far as Kelsey’s cellphone goes it could have been a company phone or it was attached to a family plan.

My phone is on my daughter’s account, if something happened to me she could probably give permission to look at data.
Between the time CB first contacted WP Police and Dec. 21 when WP Police announced to the world that they considered KB to be deceased, no permission was needed to search KB's phone activity. It's called "exigent emergency". See link below:
Exigent Circumstances

imo
What a wonderful video to wake up to this morning! Thanks for this :)

I think it has to be more than cellphone because they got search warrants for properties.

There has to be a valid reason for a search warrant, that you think based on other evidence that you are going to find a specific things on that property.

So i think they there is more evidence than just cellphone from idaho- but the cellphone data maybe led them to KK in Idaho in the first place
CNN reported on January 4, 2019 that authorities were still trying to work out whether to send their processed evidence to CBI by special courier or by mail. The largest USPS Priority mail box is 12 x 12 x 8 inches. I take "special courier" to mean Delta Airlines cockpit courier service, which would be similar size limit. Delta is the only carrier serving Twin Falls daily.
Kelsey Berreth: Idaho woman suspected of disposing of missing mom's phone - CNN

If you agreed to participate in a murder plot, it makes sense to me that you would want to stealth in and stealth out as fast as you could, making sure your presence was known in Idaho by friends and family with very little time lapse in absence. The drive there with a fast turnaround would also be easier with 2 people. She probably took the phone from home to Gooding on the 25th, made the texts and dumped the phone. The texts may have even been a later idea by PF and those involved.

More on when men are likely to kill their partner.
Escalating anger (a violent history), a partner leaving, jealousy... that type of thing. We know PF had the escalating anger. We just don't know his PERCEIVED wrong by Kelsey.
Was she threatening to leave? We don't know. It doesn't really matter if a guy has a gf, the wife/SO can still be in danger if she threatens to leave. They can want/expect both. I believe it's a sense of entitlement. (Some of us have probably seen couples like that).
I'm on the periphery guessing...
Not discounting other reasons.

The more they all talk, the better it is, imo. Even if they lie, people get tripped up on lies and it could eventually lead to the truth as they get grilled on everything they've said, by LE. I hope LE has some good grillers this time. It's not always the case.
I agree 100% that they should talk, talk & talk more. Just NOT to the public. Their "tales" only need to be heard by LE. Their revelations to the media only added to the incredible pain KB's family is living through and without every word being investigated for truthfulness KK's, BFF and the R's it doesn't belong "out there." It's unnecessary. Their "hearsay" from BFF is suspect as KK may have had a dubious motive, like spinning something that would make her "look" less involved, when in fact she's probably neck deep in horse manure. Thankfully, her attempt at swaying the favour of public opinion in her direction failed miserably. MOO
edit:clarify and make sense :)

Last edited:
I agree 100% that they should talk, talk & talk more. Just NOT to the public. Their "tales" only need to be heard by LE. Their revelations to the media only added to the incredible pain KB's family is living through and without every word being investigated for truthfulness either by KK, BFF or the R's it doesn't belong "out there." It's unnecessary. Their "hearsay" from BFF is suspect as KK may have had a dubious motive, like spinning something that would make her "look" less involved, when in fact she's probably neck deep in horse manure. Thankfully, her attempt at swaying the favour of public opinion in her direction failed miserably. MOO
I'm undecided if LE frowns on people talking to media. With suspects...LE likes it when they do. In other cases the judge places a gag order. moo

And how long have the R’s lived in the area? While they say they never met KK, it doesn’t mean they don’t know her family, her ex’s family, their employees family. etc. Hansen is 10 minutes from Twin Falls. Everyone knows everyone in those small rural communities. Maybe they have a pony in this race thru loyalty of one group over the other. They certainly appear to be throwing KK under the bus while protecting her BFF.

Three warrants? Are you sure that?
There's no evidence that Kelsey ever went into taverns and "embarrassing places".

There's also no evidence that Kelsey was a "loner". She was a hard-working, very busy woman who had a new baby. Those activities prevent a lot of socializing.
Source: KOAA TV Denver: "Berreth’s uncle, Ed Stanfill, called her disappearance out of character, also saying she’s comfortable in keeping to herself.
“Typically, she’s fairly quiet. I mean, she’s really reserved,” Stanfill said. “It’s not normal."
Neighbor: Kelsey Berreth is ‘a very kind-hearted person’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member