GUILTY UK - Alfie Lamb, 3, noisy, fatally crushed by car passenger seat pushed back by mom's bf, Feb 2018

A young boy was crushed to death by an electric car seat for being noisy, a court has heard.

Alfie Lamb was in the rear footwell of an Audi car when he was squashed “at the touch of a button” by Stephen Waterson, 25, who was in the front passenger seat, the Old Bailey in London was told.

In February last year, Waterson allegedly pushed his seat back twice in anger at the “noise and fuss” made by Alfie, who was three and a half years old.

The boy’s mother, Adrian Hoare, 23, who was in the seat behind her son, is charged with manslaughter alongside Waterson. Hoare, 23, did nothing to help her stricken son and lied to police about what happened, the court heard.
'

Mother and boyfriend accused of killing boy crushed to death in car

Same old story. Boy friend has no love for gf's child by another man, kills him/her. Girl friend needs/is too afraid of bf to protect her own child. This is what goes on in the animal kingdom. IMO many men, not all, cannot/will not tolerate the male offspring of another man, they have NO biological investment in caring for that child.

I'm good at ducking tomatoes or stones from those who violently disagree. Just remember that I said "many men, not all".

Same old story. Boy friend has no love for gf's child by another man, kills him/her. Girl friend needs/is too afraid of bf to protect her own child. This is what goes on in the animal kingdom. IMO many men, not all, cannot/will not tolerate the male offspring of another man, they have NO biological investment in caring for that child.

I'm good at ducking tomatoes or stones from those who violently disagree. Just remember that I said "many men, not all".

Sorry to quote my own post, but I'm thinking we need to re-evaluate how we see the human race. It "appears" that the need for a mate/support/care, trumps the maternal instinct to protect your child in many cases. We see it so many times on these threads. Just food for thought.

I think you disparage the animal kingdom. The maternal instinct is extremely strong in animals, they will sacrifice themselves for their offspring. I agree on your other points though. x

I think you disparage the animal kingdom. The maternal instinct is extremely strong in animals, they will sacrifice themselves for their offspring. I agree on your other points though. x

Basically, I agree with you, however, from watching documentaries on lion prides, I've noticed the females do try to protect their young, but in the end they all "seem" to give up and live to see another litter of cubs by the new males. I've seen the same behavior in domestic cats, the males kill the young then breed with the mother. Bears appear to be a bit more feisty, although this time it "appears" the male gives in and leaves - in documentaries anyway. Even so, it is shown that males DO kill young bear cubs, however that comes about. Oddly enough, in many animal societies, infanticide is common.

I believe there should be a study of the cases where mothers didn't protect their young from the "boy friend", or even helped to abuse or kill their own child.

Thank you for your reply.

Basically, I agree with you, however, from watching documentaries on lion prides, I've noticed the females do try to protect their young, but in the end they all "seem" to give up and live to see another litter of cubs by the new males. I've seen the same behavior in domestic cats, the males kill the young then breed with the mother. Bears appear to be a bit more feisty, although this time it "appears" the male gives in and leaves - in documentaries anyway. Even so, it is shown that males DO kill young bear cubs, however that comes about. Oddly enough, in many animal societies, infanticide is common.

I believe there should be a study of the cases where mothers didn't protect their young from the "boy friend", or even helped to abuse or kill their own child.

Thank you for your reply.

That is so interesting to me and you seem to have closely studied this, thank you for that information I must read more about it.
Doesn't this simply come down to the survival of the strongest? Apart from these awful human tragedies, such a fascinating subject.

Crush death boy 'told to shut up by mum'
Alfie Lamb death: Mother told boy to be quiet

A mum repeatedly told her three-year-old son to be quiet while he was being crushed to death by her boyfriend's car seat, a court has heard.

"Alfie was kicking the chair, asking him to move it forward" but apart from shifting it "for a few seconds", the 25-year-old refused, the jury heard.

Despite the three-year-old's distress, Ms Hoare said the boy was "getting himself worked up" and she told him to "shut up", Ms Williams said..

'Death threat'
The jury also heard Ms Williams had been threatened by Mr Waterson, who tried to persuade her to lie about what happened.

"He was telling me a lot of things. He said he would put me in the boot of the car and get rid of me. He said he would kill me," she said.

Ms Hoare was also "going along with it and helping", Ms Williams said.

Ms Hoare denies manslaughter, child cruelty and common assault on Miss Williams.

Mr Waterson denies manslaughter

I think Waterson will be found guilty. The texts and witness intimidation are very damning.

I wonder if Hoare has also been given lesser charges like failing to prevent harm to a child. I think a jury could struggle with manslaughter for her. Lesser charges thrown in would mean she is more likely to get jail for at least something.

Mum of tot crushed by car seat told concerned passenger he was 'sleeping'

Miss Williams added "controlling" Waterson would not let Hoare sit Alfie on her lap and "had made" the toddler sit in the footwell.
Miss Williams, who was sat in the rear next to Adrian on February 1, said she knew Waterson for about nine years

Today she said he was cheating on Hoare when Alfie died and threatened to kill Miss Williams if she did not lie to paramedics and police that the toddler fell ill in a taxi.
Her police interviews heard by the jury Miss Williams described what happened in the Audi A4 and said: "'He was moaning that I didn't have enough room and his legs were squashed.

"'I think it was 'mummy my legs are squashed and I cannot move.' I'm pretty sure.'"

Its the truth!!!

A man accused of crusing to death his partner's son in the footwell of a car was heard crying out “what have I done?”, a court heard today.

South London toddler Alfie Lamb was allegedly crushed by an electric car seat in Croydon by Stephen Waterson, 25, from Croydon, south London.

He is said to have called out “What have I done” after the tot collapsed in the back of his Audi convertible while on the way home from a shopping trip to buy birthday presents.

The court was told Waterson called 999 after the youngster lost consciousness.

He left the scene before paramedics arrived and burst into tears in his flat, the Old Bailey was told.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....rd-after-alfie-lamb-crushed-a4042086.html?amp

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back