Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! Just now popping in, these threads are crazy long! Such heartwarming news to hear jayme is safe and sound and on the road to recovery. I had a couple questions, not sure if they’ve been asked and answered yet but I haven’t really read the threads since she’s been found safe. In the criminal complaint it literally details everything to the bone, but I was wondering, did they ever figure out WHY he took her? Did he give a reason to anyone? I read nothing about sexual assault in the criminal complaint but then again since she is a minor do they keep those things private? I couldn’t imagine he just wanted her to keep him company. Sorry again if this has been covered!!

He's a psychopath. He thinks other people are things he can own and control. Hence, double murder and abduction. Hence, keeping a human under a bed. Whatever "reason" he has will not be anything you or I can understand. It will be sick and twisted and narcissistic.

I haven't read anything since Monday night, but I just want to say that I can't imagine the pain and grief JP's father feels for having been in the house on multiple occasions. I know people want to blame him for things we know (and don't know) about JP's upbringing, but very few people would expect their child to do what JP did. I think it's fine to write a letter to the Closs family; it is up to them if they want to read it. He must need some way to express his feelings and I think it says a lot that he was sobbing during the court appearance on Monday.

When Your Child Is a Psychopath

This article is about a child who lacks empathy. Her parents are a doctor and a teacher so they recognized the signs early and she is in a residential program. Sometimes, even the best parenting, is not enough.

I know he said he burned the tape used on JC, but I dont recall if he said he burned the whole roll or not. Something to look into.

Did he leave it at the scene? Possibly...

He would have to specifically have retrieved the roll of tape back from Denise and put it in his pocket or whatever for it not to be at the scene.

(ETA: please see my correction below)

Last edited:
I wish we would hear from them. I would have to say something if that scum was my son. JMO How about, "We are devastated and appalled by the crimes our son has committed. Jayme, we are truly sorry for what happened to you. We pray that your healing will be complete and quick. Know that to our dying day, we will lift you up in prayer and wonder what on earth happened for us to have raised such a monster. To the media we ask for privacy and from others, we covet your prayers." JMO Yep, that would be our response.

I'm sure they'll get to that point eventually. They seemed to have thought their son was a quiet, but fairly normal geeky kid. I'm sure the parents are very much entrenched in the stages of grief right now - the son they thought they had and loved doesn't exist anymore. I would imagine this feels very much like the death of a child, but there's no relief from the suffering or the self blame.

Hmm so I wonder if their was a computer or if he even had any online presence at all? or a friend that did, perhaps?
I wonder how much of that is believable. Mom had a fb account, brother had a fb account, brother found his victim online, in another article ( I think sister's exbf) someone stated that he played games all day. And the neighbors previously said the family was nice, but they didn't know them, so how would they know what the inside of the house looked like?

I was happy to see that the photos of Jayme reflect that she still has light in her eyes. Hard to explain but she looks good imo. I know inside she is hurting of course.

Well that answers that.

(ETA: and no worthy dashcam images I suppose)
I realize that there is nothing we can do about this now and I hate to keep harping on it, really I do, but then why open yourself up to JP'S defense team with lying in the criminal complaint that you possibly seen a maroon Taurus, just don't mention it at all.

Hmm so I wonder if their was a computer or if he even had any online presence at all? or a friend that did, perhaps?
Maybe that's why he went to visit his mother? He has a resume on Indeed.com and the site sends potential jobs via email. I've thought one of his parents or siblings set it up for him but I will be surprised if PF doesn't have any computer access or an email at all.

JMO

I’m curious as to why @mtnlites stated she thinks he did have an online presence.

(Does she know something we don’t or was this just an educated guess—most people do have some sort of online presence so it wouldn’t be an unfounded statement, just wondering if there’s something else...)

Last edited:
I don’t mind that the perp’s father wrote a letter to the Closs family. In Kelsey’s case, there was outrage that the other family never acknowledged the Berreth’s loss etc..

That's true. But this case is vastly different I think because of Jayme being a survivor of seeing her parents murdered and being abducted and hidden (and likely abused by the murderer) by a stranger to her. In Kelsey's case everyone knew Kelsey's daughter was with the accused murderer (Baby K's father) and his family. PF's family did nothing to try to let the Berreth's see the baby or help find her mother KB. Baby K was not abused nor traumatized as far as we know other than the loss of her mother. And there is a family connection to the child in that case that makes it logical that the two families should have had communication about Kelsey and worked out a time to see Baby K. Here, however Jayme was hidden and there is absolutely no familial connection between Jayme and her abductor's family. There is no previous connection at all.

There is no reason Jayme should be forced to have future communication with the people who raised the man who murdered her parents and abducted her. Even if it is only the father of the suspect sending sincere condolences this could be triggering and confusing for Jayme as she heals. She must wonder why no one figured out who had her-- all those times when the father of the suspect was IN THE SAME HOUSE where Jayme was being held captive and he didn't see anything off about his son or the house in general? To be clear, I'm not accusing PP of knowing Jayme was there or helping his son commit the crime, but I'm trying to see things from Jayme's perspective. She should not be forced to extend grace and forgiveness to the abductor's family because they write a letter saying how sorry they are or how they didn't know. She should reach a position of forgiveness for them (if she so chooses to) in her own timing and through her own process of healing. I feel like PP's father may want the Closs family to absolve him of responsibility by his sending a private letter. Jayme's grandfather has already responded in the press with a lot of grace saying they don't blame JTP's parents for what he became at 21. I just hope Jayme's feelings are being guarded carefully and I hope there is no more private communication with JTP's family unless Jayme wishes to initiate it. MOO.

Last edited:
I don’t mind that the perp’s father wrote a letter to the Closs family. In Kelsey’s case, there was outrage that the other family never acknowledged the Berreth’s loss etc..

Exactly. He and his ex-wife will be blamed by some, no matter what they do or don't do now and from now on. Jayme's family can choose not to read the letter now, or ever. He clearly felt a great need to write them, and no matter if he actually did miss some clues about his son, there is no way in his worse nightmares he could have known his son was capable of such evil.

I've wondered if this purposely made both his father and sister "complicit" in a twisted way. Driving his sister's car. Making Jayme put on his sister's pajamas, and perhaps other of his sister's clothes. Having his father over to the cabin, shooting the breeze, his father unaware, while Jayme cowered under his bed, afraid to move.

That's true. But this case is vastly different I think because of Jayme being a survivor of seeing her parents murdered and being abducted and hidden (and likely abused by the murderer) by a stranger to her. In Kelsey's case everyone knew Kelsey's daughter was with the accused murderer (Baby K's father) and his family. PF's family did nothing to try to let the Berreth's see the baby or help find her mother KB. Baby K was not abused nor traumatized as far as we know other than the loss of her mother. And there is a family connection to the child in that case that makes it logical that the two families should have had communication about Kelsey and worked out a time to see Baby K. Here, however Jayme was hidden and there is absolutely no familial connection between Jayme and her abductor's family. There is no previous connection at all.

There is no reason Jayme should be forced to have future communication with the people who raised the man who murdered her parents. Even if it is only the father of the suspect sending sincere condolences this could be triggering and confusing for Jayme as she heals. She must wonder why no one figured out who had her-- all those times when the father of the suspect was IN THE SAME HOUSE where Jayme was being held captive and he didn't see anything off about his son or the house in general? To be clear, I'm not accusing PP of knowing Jayme was there or helping his son commit the crime, but I'm trying to see things from Jayme's perspective. She should not be forced to extend grace and forgiveness to the abductor's family because they write a letter saying how sorry they are or how they didn't know. She should reach a position of forgiveness for them (if she so chooses to) in her own timing and through her own process of healing. I feel like PP's father may want the Closs family to absolve him of responsibility by his sending a private letter. Jayme's grandfather has already responded in the press with a lot of grace saying they don't blame JTP's parents for what he became at 21. I just hope Jayme's feelings are being guarded carefully and I hope there is no more private communication with JTP's family unless Jayme wishes to initiate it. MOO.
Just jumping off to add my frustration with the Frazee family is that they knew Kelsey was missing and made no attempt to even appear concerned. Instead they immediately circled the wagons to protect PF, imo. So it wasn't that she had been murdered by their son and they showed no concern, it was back when she was first thought missing and possibly abducted or broken down on the road for all we knew.

I know he only worked at the cheese factory for two days, but I wonder if they're given a locker at those facilities?

Well, seems like they didn't have a clear enough view of it to release details, it wasn't a tactical move not to release it.

Barron County sheriff: Not enough information to pull over Jake Patterson, search for car

'Fitzgerald said Tuesday that the passing car was discussed during the investigation, but they didn't feel they had enough information to alert the public to it. It was dark, and police were traveling fast, so it was difficult to determine the make, model and other details, he said.

“We didn’t have any specific information about that car," he said. '

I appreciate Fitzgerald addressing this, but the complaint (the way it is written chronologically) seems to imply that Deputy Fick had noted quite a few details at that very moment.

I wonder how much of that is believable. Mom had a fb account, brother had a fb account, brother found his victim online, in another article ( I think sister's exbf) someone stated that he played games all day. And the neighbors previously said the family was nice, but they didn't know them, so how would they know what the inside of the house looked like?

IIRC, the criminal complaint mentioned that he thought he'd gotten away with the murders and kidnapping after two weeks passed, and his smugness was based in part on media reports AND social media.

Who knows what kind of access he had to SM, if that's accurate, and gaming doesn't have to be on a computer (think XBox and PS4, etc, gaming consoles that don't require wifi or the internet, and that can be played on solo, rather than online and most often, multiplayer).

Also, maybe teenagers & young adults in rural America use SM differently than in urban areas, but literally every kid that age I'm aware of thinks FB is for the elderly, and is on Snapchat and the like instead. And constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth