Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were any of the vehicles found?

We have no way of knowing. So far as I know. Interest all of a sudden was dropped so perhaps they were found...

I can see either case with the Taurus, I go both ways on the reason but Paul Blume stated it was not on their radar but there could be a reason for that or that they are saying that. I remain open to why and am not judging. I am wondering however.

I think there is a lot we do not know yet and it may surprise us all.

'When he was nine or 10 his mom left his dad and that changed him a lot. He became shy, he no longer wanted friends." His mother remarried 2 months ago. I still wonder if that had an impact on him. Also ...this article said he liked animals.

I agree. I still think he chose Jayme because her build, eye color, skin color and hair color and texture were similar to his mother's. Almost like he was trying to replace her - but didn't think it completely through. His mother may have been his only "real" connection and when she left it broke him.

My teenage son plays Fortnite with his friends all the time. Do I think that's going to turn him into a sociopath? No.
However, he is actually playing with real friends from school online. It's what they do now. I do not think we can blame this on video games. IMO, JP had issues with abandonment and failure to launch (but his dad does seem like a really decent human being).
Yeah. For someone who is antisocial, video games provide an outlet, especially for entertainment.

They were the effect of his isolation, and unlikely to be the cause.

If he was into games like “Call of Duty,” they might have inspired him somewhat, perhaps in his attempt to join the military.

They also may have inspired how he decided to commit this crime.

When this crime first occurred, I thought it was possible the killer had some military training (blitz style assault).

The truth is, this was more fantasy than reality. He wasn’t some well-trained trained commando, he just saw himself that way.

Jayme Closs rescued herself. Should she get the $50,000 reward money? - CNN

A couple who called 911 and alerted authorities that Jayme Closs was at their home said they did not want a $50,000 reward for providing information on the abducted girl's whereabouts.

Kristin Kasinskas said that she and her husband, Peter, had not been approached by officials about the reward or where it may go. Still, they said if anyone does receive the reward, it should be Jayme.

"Because she got herself out," Kasinskas said.

These really are good people. I hope they know that.

Well sure, but my post was aimed at the fact that the size of Barron was stated and that it should have been known all over town. Fact is its over an hour away and no one in Gordon would connect that event to a kidnapping an hour away. Also, stuff like that sometimes happens and no one knows for sure who did it; it could all be speculation. She could be making it all up or it could just be that people are not talking about it. Not altogether uncommon in small towns, either.

I had an ex-boyfriend in high school that I believe tried to kill my dog. I strongly suspect it was him and I have never been able to think of another soul who would have done such a thing. But I will never know for sure who did it. I only told one friend and to my knowledge it never got around our very tiny community.

All this to say, her tires may or may not have been slashed and he may or may not have slashed her tires. I am not yet ready to take this interview as fact. JMO Either way, I don't think that an event like that supposedly happened when he was in the ninth grade (6-7 years ago) that makes a person an automatic suspect in this situation without any other indicators. Again, JMO.

I will agree with your post that if four tires were indeed slashed and had to be replaced that word of that would certainly have gotten around. In the very least a police report should exist because wouldn't you seek for insurance to cover the cost of replacement?

I think we aren't disagreeing about much of anything, if anything, lol, and are in complete agreement about not taking the ex GF's accounts as gospel truth.

Slashed tires anywhere, much less in a small town, would be a big deal, period, imo. A GF's breakup with a boy in a school that small would be common knowledge in the school (their class, anyway), all the more so if he slashed her mother's tires in rage after the fact.

I'm inherently a skeptic about unverified information in any circumstance, but especially so in circumstances like these: a high profile case, and crimes so utterly random and nightmarish that folks feel compelled to try to make sense of what is in the end inexiplicable.

I agree. I still think he chose Jayme because her build, eye color, skin color and hair color and texture were similar to his mother's. Almost like he was trying to replace her - but didn't think it completely through. His mother may have been his only "real" connection and when she left it broke him.

Jumping off your post here, it would be interesting to know just "how" the mom left. I supposed we may never know, but as a child of divorce myself, I wonder about the arrangements after she left. I read early on that the divorced parents had joint custody but that the dad was the main caretaker. Whose choice was that? Mom's? JP's? Did she just leave and emotionally abandon JP? Did he visit her? Just trying to wrap my mind around that relationship and how fractured (or not) it might have been. Then, of course, there is the why.

I think we aren't disagreeing about much of anything, if anything, lol, and are in complete agreement about not taking the ex GF's accounts as gospel truth.

Slashed tires anywhere, much less in a small town, would be a big deal, period, imo. A GF's breakup with a boy in a school that small would be common knowledge in the school (their class, anyway), all the more so if he slashed her mother's tires in rage after the fact.

I'm inherently a skeptic about unverified information in any circumstance, but especially so in circumstances like these: a high profile case, and crimes so utterly random and nightmarish that folks feel compelled to try to make sense of what is in the end inexiplicable.

We are absolutely in agreement! :D

These guys generally do not want to be caught.

What happens over time though, is they become complacent. As time went on, he’d be willing to leave Jayme for longer periods.

This would have played to her advantage.

Once he was captured, he knew he was done. At this point, he wanted credit.

Notoriety was all he had to hold on to, and he’d actually enjoy the process of telling law enforcement about this crime.

Which is why he seems to want a trial, rather than pleading out/accepting what is almost certainly his inevitable sentence of lwop.

Which is why he seems to want a trial, rather than pleading out/accepting what is almost certainly his inevitable sentence of lwop.
Not necessarily. He’d still have a forum during sentencing, and he could stand up and walk the court through his crime.

BTK and Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer) did this. I’m not saying that JP is a serial killer, but his psychology may be similar.

He’d still get his moment in the spotlight.

Did he say "rather than socialize with family"? Can you find the exact quote because that's interesting if that's the direct quote?

Do not take that as word for word but it is very close, I will look for it. I saw it today. i will be back and if anyone else has the actual article and wants to post it, that would be okay too. :)

BBM

Jayme Closs kidnap suspect's lawyers: Confession problematic for defense
Defense attorneys for the man accused of kidnapping a Wisconsin teenager and killing her parents acknowledged Wednesday that they're starting the case at a disadvantage after their client gave detectives a detailed confession and said they're not sure he can get a fair trial in the state.

According to a criminal complaint , 21-year-old Jake Patterson outlined in detail for detectives how he gunned down 13-year-old Jayme Closs' parents Oct. 15 in their home near Barron and abducted the girl. Jayme escaped last week from the remote cabin where Patterson had been hiding her. Patterson was arrested minutes later, and he was charged Monday with two counts of homicide and kidnapping.

Charlie Glynn and Richard Jones, Patterson's public defenders, told The Associated Press that they face an uphill struggle. Glynn acknowledged that the complaint contains "a very thorough confession."

Yes, it looks like you start out behind the eight ball a little bit," Glynn said.

Jones said the defense team will evaluate Patterson's statements to determine whether they were given voluntarily and if they're true. He cautioned that prosecutors have amassed 30 banker's boxes full of evidence, but that the defense likely won't receive any of it, let alone review it, until after Patterson's Feb. 6 preliminary hearing.

(more at the link)

Also...

The defense attorneys said they had an extensive conversation with Patterson in jail, but they declined to reveal anything that was said. They described his demeanor as "appropriate" for a 21-year-old facing such serious charges but didn't elaborate.

They said they understand everyone wants to know Patterson's motivation, and that it will become clear later as the legal proceedings continue, Jones said.

BBM

Defense attorneys for the man accused of kidnapping a Wisconsin teenager and killing her parents acknowledged Wednesday that they're starting the case at a disadvantage after their client gave detectives a detailed confession and said they're not sure he can get a fair trial in the state.

According to a criminal complaint , 21-year-old Jake Patterson outlined in detail for detectives how he gunned down 13-year-old Jayme Closs' parents Oct. 15 in their home near Barron and abducted the girl. Jayme escaped last week from the remote cabin where Patterson had been hiding her. Patterson was arrested minutes later, and he was charged Monday with two counts of homicide and kidnapping.

Charlie Glynn and Richard Jones, Patterson's public defenders, told The Associated Press that they face an uphill struggle. Glynn acknowledged that the complaint contains "a very thorough confession."

Yes, it looks like you start out behind the eight ball a little bit," Glynn said.

Jones said the defense team will evaluate Patterson's statements to determine whether they were given voluntarily and if they're true. He cautioned that prosecutors have amassed 30 banker's boxes full of evidence, but that the defense likely won't receive any of it, let alone review it, until after Patterson's Feb. 6 preliminary hearing.

(more at the link)

This:

Makes me: want to bang my head against the wall! :mad::mad::mad:

This reply is not aimed at your comment Kebdal which is entirely sensible. But now that the brother has been mentioned: And not wishing to sleuth someone who is not an official person of interest surely the brother deserves a look by LE in relation to supporting JP. We still do not know who the visitors to the house were that Jayme mentioned. Also there are too many disrecpencies in statements by JP which is indicative of a lack of knowledge of exactly what went down at the crime scene.

Everything that Jake Patterson has said so far he could have been told by another Perp who actually did the deed. There are gaps in his story which either don’t fit with the timeline or do not fit with Jayme’s statement. For example, all that he described as doing in the house would take more than 4 minutes; searching through the house, beating his way into the bathroon, and taping Jayme’s head which was not mentioned by Jayme. I think there are many more discrepancies in his story.

Although we can all fit his strange behaviour with animals and loner demeanour with being the Perp there is no history leading up to such a violent crime: Useful Websleuth Quote: “one glaringly missing sign is no criminal history. I would think this will be a case of interest to future profilers, criminologists and psychologists. A rare escalation jump from nothing to armed B&E, double homicide and kidnapping “ (my bold) (Thanks CuriousMaine)

Stay with me:

I am also surprised at the speed with which JP owned up to the crime when stopped by LE. If he went to such extremes to cover his tracks why give up so easily?

Also, If he planned this so well then why not prepare a place to keep Jayme? (under the bed seems to indicate a lack of planning for her arrival) as is the description of changing of plates and disabling the dome light on the car and working on the boot lock “on the way” to the crime scene.

The scenario below is way out there but stranger things have happened.

Scenario: Suppose JP, the loser, had been whingeing for weeks about Jayme and how he wanted her and had told, let's say person x, that he had gone to the Closs home to get her twice and "bottled out". So person x, exasperated with JPs failure, took matters into their own hands and blazed into the Closs home to “fetch” a trophy for JP. The crime was planned well enough to totally bewilder LE and the FBI but person x delivering Jayme to JPs house would explain why when Jayme arrived JP was so ill prepared to “store” her. It would also explain why he jumped to say “I know what this is about and I did it!”, to cover for someone who he cared deeply for.Don't forget, the Perp wore a mask and Jayme did not see his face until she was at JPs house.

At this stage JP, if found guilty, would be in line for at least 40years for kidnapping so why implicate person x in the murders.

Yes.

Grandfather: Jake Patterson 'backed off from crowds'

That's not exactly what he said:

"Moyer says 'Computer games were more of a priority than social interaction' for Patterson."
Did he say "rather than socialize with family"? Can you find the exact quote because that's interesting if that's the direct quote?

This is not the right news site but is the same quotes I think. He did not say family I guess but I took it to mean, when he saw him, that is when he would see that or know that.

Grandfather: Jake Patterson 'backed off from crowds'

I should have said I was paraphrasing but it is the way I took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe