Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, medical help was sent.... the police set up a perimeter until they could secure JP, and the ambulance was beyond that perimeter until it could be let in...

The report I read said she was taken immediately to the police department for safety reasons. I believe that was the wrong way to handle it. The social worker requested medical to check on her for shock and hypothermia. I believe the social worker was right. That is what should have been done.

What if the girl had been suffering from hypothermia? She should not have to wait for treatment. That should have been the first priority. As it turned out she did have medical issues, that required a hospital stay. Those issues should have been addressed immediately.

I agree. I don't think he ever thought he would get away with it. He clearly had no plans to keep her long term. In the report it said, that after two weeks, he thought he had gotten away with it. I think he was surprised that he got away with it. Then he had to figure out what to do with her.
I believe he intended on keeping her as long as he could. If he were getting tired of her, he could have killed her. He did tell LE that he would have gotten away with it if he hadn't made a mistake. I think he thought he had pulled off the perfect crime. I do wonder what mistake he was referring to, though. Imo

I'm clear on what taxidermy is and in my state you have to be licensed to do it. I do think its creepy if this guy was dabbling in it at home on his own. But at this point I also take the girl's account with caution anyway.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response. :)
I think it's wonderful that taxidermists have to be licensed. I recently read two professional articles about a man contracting a fatal brain disease from an animal he was attempting to preserve. ( CJD is the disease, and it is horrifying and a variant of BSE, which had an outbreak in part of Europe in 2000 and for a couple of years afterwards).

A 12 year old might not know how sick " roadkill" out on the road in the sun might be to touch, inhale droplets, or otherwise handle, or he might not have cared at all.

What JP did with his maybe preserved roadkill and a dog's head is creepy. What he did to her family's car tires is both criminal and creepy. We are in agreement with this. :)

I believe the young lady's story because 1) She likely does not know the major triad of behavior associated with psychopathy, one being so closely related to torture and abuse of animals and 2) Because it was anonymous, she most likely received small compensation.

I know some people think the DM is a form of digital gossip rag but most, not all, of these same people read news on FB, Twitter, all SM platforms and believe the crap posted there like it's canon. Also, Matt Drudge sources usually between 8-10 articles in a 24 hour period for The Drudge Report from the Daily Mail. The Drudge Report is respected as a news gathering site.

I've been paying close attention to what DM has come out with in the last few months because they published a human interest story about a boy from my hometown area. I had dated the boy's grandfather for many years. The DM got every detail correct, as I was in touch with the family during his horrific injury and eventual passing. The side of his family whom I do not know were the sources quoted but the info was correct in all aspects about the boy's life and tragic injury and death.

Human behavior being what it is regarding what we tell to whom and why and how, I think some people who otherwise would be too reticent to speak out will do so for an incentive they decide is worthwhile. In the case of the boy who passed away, the family wanted the details of his life and struggles to recover known. That was their incentive, not money, as they are wealthy.
This is JMO, and I am so glad we all have the freedom to read from many news sources and have the right to our beliefs about the truth of the news or human interest or other articles we choose to peruse.

The report I read said she was taken immediately to the police department for safety reasons. I believe that was the wrong way to handle it. The social worker requested medical to check on her for shock and hypothermia. I believe the social worker was right. That is what should have been done.

What if the girl had been suffering from hypothermia? She should not have to wait for treatment. That should have been the first priority. As it turned out she did have medical issues, that required a hospital stay. Those issues should have been addressed immediately.

Can you provide a link for that report? I only ask because everything I read gave the impression they transported Jayme to the hospital for evaluation. JMO Thank you.

I'm not at all impressed. She was slow as hell. It took 30 minutes to get them there. That is not quickly. She asked all the typical dumb questions that 911 operators ask today.

I'm more impressed with the caller who was a social worker and was coordinating what help was needed. The operator made her justify why medical help was needed. The social worker pointed out that she should be treated for shock and hypothermia . The 911 operator still blew her off and didn't send that help. That is just bad training. At very least paramedics should be sent to check out a victim of a violent crime. That is just common knowledge.
I respectfully disagree...
First this is a very rural area. Unlike the Closs 911 call, where the sheriff's office is only a few miles away, the sheriff's office for Douglas County would most likely be in Superior which is I'm guessing at least 40 miles away but who knows where the sheriff's vehicles were. That coupled with the fact the 911 operator was certainly aware of the Closs murders I'm sure she thought it best to have a number of LE respond together to the call and not just send out a lone LE. So, first who knows where the LE vehicles came from as they just wouldn't be hanging around in Gordon. Second, because of the threat the individual would possess as he just murdered 2 people in cold blood I'm sure she thought backup and backup for the backup was the best plan of attack. I read Peter K was armed and at the front door of the house where they all were. And LE removed Jayme as soon as possible to get her out of the area. The operator also requested that LE get in first, before the paramedics, so as not to alarm JP if he saw them. You wouldn't want JP following the paramedics to the K residence with no LE present.

Sometimes it is easy to see faults in how things were handled after the fact but I think considering everything the call was handled just fine. Again this is a very remote area and it is natural for some time before LE can respond let alone if you think there should be backup as well. These smaller, more remote areas, don't have the resources of a big city and just do the best they can with the resources available. That is why Sheriff Fitzgerald in Barron called in state and Federal resources so quick as many are just not available in smaller areas. MOO

Last edited:
Takes place outside USA and "It's especially important for public safety officials to know the limits of their vehicles and how the safety systems act, however, and that's what the Volvo Academy aims to send them off with."

This article does not = teaching police how to drive fast on ice and snow. It teaches them the limits of their vehicles on ice and snow. Key word, imo, "limits."
Exactly. Knowing their limits equates to not driving at high speeds on ice. I live in a part of the country that has snow and ice on the roads a good part of the year and there's no way anyone, no matter how well trained they are, can drive at high speeds on ice in a safe manner. IMO

I'm truly astonished that anyone would criticize anything that happened on January 10th. From Jayme "Katniss" Closs to the Doctors and Nurses at the hospital, you could not have scripted a better chain of events - especially considering the circumstances and adverse conditions. I guess some people are never satisfied.
BBM

I so agree and L O V E your tagging her "Katniss".:rolleyes::D:cool:

I thought they were addressed immediately. Didn't they send emergency medical personnel right away? Isn't that what they are trained to do? Treat people in shock or who are seriously injured?
I can't believe they would take her to the police station and neglect to have her treated. Where is this information coming from? Imo

There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding what taxidermy is or is not.
A 12 year old who gutted various dead and decaying animals called " roadkill" is experimenting and playing with pathogen-ridden refuse for the shock value, as seen by his efforts being used to scare his little girlfriend at the time.

Professional taxidermy is likely either very familiar or at least somewhat familiar to ALL of us and there is a clear cut distinction between a professionally mounted deer head, or a pheasant poised with wire as if in flight with no residual tissue or bacteria, from what a 12 year old could and would do at home.

We have friends who have what they consider to be very valuable and possibly sentimental, IDK, professionally mounted deer heads, steer heads ( it's Texas and the steer was a prized and loved steer, usually) and I know they spend thousands of dollars to get clean, non-deteriorating lifelike work done by an adult who has special skills and training to be a taxidermist. We often eat at a landmark Texas restaurant which has famous prize winning steer head mounts in almost every space on their walls, and according to my husband who ate at the same restaurant 35 years ago, they are not new mounts but are the same apparently very special steers who have graced the walls for many years.

IMO, it is not a valid argument to favorably or equitably compare
what has been said about a boy's likely dismemberment, removing all internal organs and tissues, skinning, and stuffing some really weird old dead thing in the backyard or basement with actual taxidermy specimens of normal to exceptional quality using freshly dead and properly frozen or otherwise preserved animals for professional work.

JP had issues which began when he was a child, IMO, according to what we have just started finding out. If he didn't think his " animal work" was creepy, why would he throw a dog's head on his girlfriend? Answer- He knew it was weird and creepy and that's WHY he did it. He wanted to provoke her into a startled reaction, and she threw him out. He retaliated with a criminal act of destruction- JP slashed the tires of one of the family's cars.

<modsnip>

Maybe he just told others his specimens were roadkill. There are other ways to come by dead animals for his projects that he might not have told his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he just told others his specimens were roadkill. There are other ways to come by dead animals for his projects that he might not have told his family.
I know, and it goes both ways regarding the state the animals were in when found. That's the part I hope is discovered as it might shed light on his early childhood behaviors..

He may have tortured animals which were fine and alive.. not dead by any means except his hands, including the dog.
JMO at this point.

Cops should be trained to drive fast in all condition. I have seen police chase videos of cops driving over 100 mph on snow and ice in heavy traffic. They can do it, when they want to.

You've never driven in rural WI, have you?
You can't watch a video of a police officer screaming down a highway and compare it to driving on half paved narrow roads covered in ice out in the boonies with deer on either side of the road just waiting to jump into your headlights.

You've never driven in rural WI, have you?
You can't watch a video of a police officer screaming down a highway and compare it to driving on half paved narrow roads covered in ice out in the boonies with deer on either side of the road just waiting to jump into your headlights.

Truer words have never been spoken. Anyone who has actually driven on rural roads covered in snow and ice wouldn't question this.

Have you actually listened to the whole 911 call? During which you can hear the conversation between the 911 dispatcher? The conversations that dispute your assertions LE wasn't in hurry, that the dispatcher didn't inform LE almost immediately that Jayme had escaped, that the dispatcher wasn't working in concert with the folks sheltering Jayme to protect her and make sure she was approached /treated appropriately, etc, etc?

Yes, I have listened to all 29 minutes and 42 seconds of the call at least once. I have listened to the important parts more. I don't think it was treated appropriately. Aside from their slow response, she should have been transported to a hospital immediately, for two reasons. 1. For safety reasons. Hospitals are good safe secure places. 2. So she could start getting immediate treatment.

I believe he intended on keeping her as long as he could. If he were getting tired of her, he could have killed her. He did tell LE that he would have gotten away with it if he hadn't made a mistake. I think he thought he had pulled off the perfect crime. I do wonder what mistake he was referring to, though. Imo
I presume mistake was her being able to get away.

I hope so much we can each put Jayme First and foremost before we post.
Few things are clear cut, but it is clear cut that she was present when her parents were murdered in front of her, and that she endured 88 days of at least deprived circumstances after their murder at the hands of the self- confessed murderer.

JP is not a victim, as far as I know.

I hope we can all support Jayme fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members