GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

BelaMcK

Reaction score
Homicide Squad detectives are looking at whether a woman found dead near a Melbourne shopping centre was stalked and sexually assaulted. The woman's body was discovered by passers-by in scrub on Main Drive near Plenty Road in Bundoora about 7am. Her death is being treated as suspicious.

UPDATE: Woman found dead may have been stalked, sexually assaulted

Strangely similar to the Eurydice Dixon case, both women in their early 20's, who had visited a comedy club in Melbourne immediately prior to their murders. I wonder if this offender will fit a similar profile to Ms. Dixon's killer JT?

Yes, very similar in that way. Is it me or are these sorts of crimes becoming more frequent? What the hell is wrong with people?

Police release CCTV images of slain Israeli student, hat and T-shirt found at the scene

I am interested. I was glad to find a name for her, now I understand the delay in that her family live overseas. I catch that tram a lot when I am in Melbourne, all the way to that particular stop, as well.

Random? premeditated? an opportunists crime or a stalker of long standing? it is horrifying, but one factor is probably a certainty, ,the killer will be male. A tram rider? a local? had stopped in a car nearby? saw her on the tram? that trip out from Melbourne along Bourke St and up Spring St to where that stop is, takes about, oh, an hour, depending on the time of day.

Someone could have been watching her on the tram. She is a striking looking young woman, too.

Police release CCTV images of slain Israeli student, hat and T-shirt found at the scene

I am interested. I was glad to find a name for her, now I understand the delay in that her family live overseas. I catch that tram a lot when I am in Melbourne, all the way to that particular stop, as well.

Random? premeditated? an opportunists crime or a stalker of long standing? it is horrifying, but one factor is probably a certainty, ,the killer will be male. A tram rider? a local? had stopped in a car nearby? saw her on the tram? that trip out from Melbourne along Bourke St and up Spring St to where that stop is, takes about, oh, an hour, depending on the time of day.

Someone could have been watching her on the tram. She is a striking looking young woman, too.

Yes, and I know that area where she was murdered well, having lived there a couple of years ago. It is very dark along that road at night, despite having a lot of traffic, and something else interesting I thought is that it is right across from a huge park, which is very secluded at night, but it seems she wasn't taken into there as she was found on the other side near the BP petrol station. It seems like a crime of opportunity, someone followed her from the city so the tram she was on MUST have CCTV of the perpetrator surely.

Assuming she left the North Melb. venue, and caught the tram down Victoria St, then into Elizabeth St, and got off at Bourke to get the 86 , which, I think, begins it's run at Docklands, there wouldn't be many on it until Bourke St, probably.

She could have been waiting around the Bourke St Mall stop for a while, being observed.

Unless it was one of those night riders, who ride all the trams for hours at night and sometimes annoy other passengers, I've struck them a few times, again, men with not much sense and a bit too much booze in them, or /and intellectually challenging, or pretending to be.

A T-shirt has been found .. no one says yet what size it is...

Assuming she left the North Melb. venue, and caught the tram down Victoria St, then into Elizabeth St, and got off at Bourke to get the 86 , which, I think, begins it's run at Docklands, there wouldn't be many on it until Bourke St, probably.

She could have been waiting around the Bourke St Mall stop for a while, being observed.

Unless it was one of those night riders, who ride all the trams for hours at night and sometimes annoy other passengers, I've struck them a few times, again, men with not much sense and a bit too much booze in them, or /and intellectually challenging, or pretending to be.

A T-shirt has been found .. no one says yet what size it is...

That all makes sense, and yes I have been harrassed on that tram by men with clear mental illness before. It is a VERY busy tram normally, so hopefully there will be witnesses as well.

Woman found killed near tram stop mourned as 'smart, funny' 21yo student

She looks to me like she would put up a terrific defence of her life,.. I may have it wrong, but I think girls still do National Training in Israel, at 18, she may have done 2 years as a soldier in the IDF, it's not improbable, so the killer may be hampered by a fair bit of injury...

I hope so, anyways.

It is so discouraging and heartbreaking and utterly , utterly infuriating, outrageous that a woman , a young vibrant woman, minding her own business, going about her own life, paying her own way, not bothering anyone, travelling courteously, and sensibly, attending a public function, is then attacked and having her whole life stolen from her, stolen from her friends and family, by some useless piece of oxygen wasting ego-driven bludger of a coward .

going from the picture the police have released of the T-shirt, and the hat, .. someone around 16 to 24, or if older, someone not quite up to par, and the police haven't said, but only apparel from one person as far as I can ascertain from what is released.

Of course, it could be two of them, one smarter than the other, which means one will blab, .. it's probable this killer will be unable to stop himself from blabbing about it to someone. And soon. Blab to a mate, or, god help her, a 'girlfriend'.. blab to his parole officer, or.. hell, someone on parole, that would be a bitter blow indeed.

Was it the first shot this killer had taken? or are there other attacks not so 'successful'? along that tram route. .. or around that shopping centre and golf course.

This is how Paul Dennehy started out, so long ago , in Frankston...

Trooper!!! I haven't had much time to get on here the last year. Hope you have been well This is just tragic, I hope this is solved fast, very scary for women living in the area too.

Apparently, she was talking on the phone to her sister, her sister heard the phone drop and heard voices.. Aya would have been distracted by the call and probably not registered a person ( or people ) coming within her personal space.

It is interesting that the sister heard voices, plural. Doesn't say if it was 2 male voices or Aya's voice and the killer's.

A 21-year-old exchange student whose body was found near a tram stop in Melbourne was on the phone to her sister when she was attacked, police say.

Key points:
  • Aiia Maasarwe's uncle said he could not believe the killing happened in Australia
  • Women who work on early shifts nearby said the death had hit close to home
  • Police are urging anyone who travelled on the Route 86 tram on Tuesday night to contact them

Aiia Maasarwe, an Arab-Israeli student who was in Melbourne as part of her studies at Shanghai University, was attacked shortly after midnight on Wednesday morning.

Trooper!!! I haven't had much time to get on here the last year. Hope you have been well This is just tragic, I hope this is solved fast, very scary for women living in the area too.
Strange!... I have been dangerously well, it is good to crash into you.

This is an intolerable situation. I was sent a mail asking me to sign on to send a petition asking the Repulsive Dutton to not allow a series of speakers, like the neo Nazi, Thompson and that idiot Milo who bleats about the unfairness of women who just will not give out free sex to men , because that is their destiny, Christ Almighty!..

This is what is being spruiked about and it is women like Aya, and Eurydice, and Jill Meagher among so very many who pay so hideously..

sorry about the rant!. I am overcome and overwhelmed at this murder!

Strange!... I have been dangerously well, it is good to crash into you.

This is an intolerable situation. I was sent a mail asking me to sign on to send a petition asking the Repulsive Dutton to not allow a series of speakers, like the neo Nazi, Thompson and that idiot Milo who bleats about the unfairness of women who just will not give out free sex to men , because that is their destiny, Christ Almighty!..

This is what is being spruiked about and it is women like Aya, and Eurydice, and Jill Meagher among so very many who pay so hideously..

sorry about the rant!. I am overcome and overwhelmed at this murder!

It's just devastating, every woman that's taken is one too many. And then we have here in Queensland Robert Fardon (multiple sex offender released a few years back) now wandering around without a tracker because he's deemed unlikely to reoffend...grrr.

Hiya Bohemian :):) I saw your likes. Hope you have been well too!!

Strangely similar to the Eurydice Dixon case, both women in their early 20's, who had visited a comedy club in Melbourne immediately prior to their murders. I wonder if this offender will fit a similar profile to Ms. Dixon's killer JT?
It will be interesting if she was followed by someone from that same venue...

I can't find out as yet who was performing there that night, it is in Errol St, so she was on the tram route into the city. She just had to step outside of the venue and she was at the tram stop ( Victoria St/Errol St) to come into the city route to pick up the 86 out to Bundoora . I used to go to that club there to catch Flacco, some of the best evenings of my life.

I am unsure if that was the same place that Ms Dixon was performing at, I cant find out that info at the moment..it most likely was, though. There are not that many of those sorts of clubs /pubs/ venues around.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4