CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as how she didn't have a garage and his truck was seen there around 12:30-1:00 PM, carrying anything as large as even her small body to the truck bed would have been damn risky. Then there could have been a neighbor not only saying they saw his truck but him loading something into it.

JMO
The neighbor I believe described the way he parked his truck and if I have it right it was parked like the diagram below which would have given him a hidden path to his truck.

Her two vehicles would have been side by side with his in front sideways. Giving him a hidden alley
here....v
...........v
<<<HOUSE>>>>
...........v
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
{---------------------}
{---------------------} <<< PK's vehicle front

Last edited:
I'm sure the more she sweats from FBI questioning, the more she talks too.

I can see the FBI having one of their best-looking, most charming, male (keyword: male) agents chatting KK up in a very supportive, non-threatening manner. Calling her by her first name. Talking about how she deserves someone so much better than PF in her life. How he can easily see how she would be crowned Queen of the Stampede. Asking her to model her tiara for him....okay, that last bit was sarcasm, but the rest, yeah, I can see it. JMO.

Last edited:
I can see the FBI having one of their best-looking, most charming, male agents chatting KK up in a very supportive, non-threatening manner. Calling her by her first name. Talking about how she deserves someone so much better than PF in her life. How he can easily see how she would be crowned Queen of the Stampede. Asking her to model her tiara for him....okay, that was sarcasm, but the rest, yeah, IMO.

I’d send in a guy dressed as The Lone Ranger, trained in the fine art of swinging a lasso.

I can see the FBI having one of their best-looking, most charming, and altogether male agents chatting KK up in a very supportive, non-threatening manner. Calling her by her first name. Talking about how she deserves someone so much better than PF in her life. How he can easily see how she would be crowned Queen of the Stampede. Asking her to model her tiara for him....okay, that was sarcasm, but the rest, yeah, I can see it. JMO.
Only thing you missed was tall , dark and wearing a Stetson - a little horse Apple on his boots would of sent her over the edge. Throw in a mustache she would spill her guts.

Would they hit on both places? ie dead body and dead body.

A cadaver would react to the smell wherever it was and someone doesn't have to dead long for a dog to pick it up. In a landfill, I have no idea if it's harder as the trash gets buried with each new layer dumped. I don't know if they used dogs at Kelsey's home when they went back the second time. I wondered since the first inspection and her brother's visit reported nothing out of order. Dogs seem like the next logical step. Do you (or anyone) know if dogs were used at the ranch?

It is quite possible that LE ran a search on previous trips to the landfill prior to the delivery that they investigated and found he had made a delivery after Thanksgiving. Since Florissant is a transfer facility, it could be that he had previously delivered to Florissant and that load was then shipped on to Colorado Springs by WM. All of that would have been tracked by WM...cradle to grave tracking.

Yeah. I’ve heard of cases where law enforcement searches a landfill for weeks, to no avail.

It’ll be even more difficult, considering how much time has passed.

Sometimes they do get lucky though, and most landfills keep meticulous records of their trash locations.

Do you think cadaver dogs would be helpful, or not at all?

The reason I am thinking they might help is because of the project when they were looking for the remains of the American soldiers in Vietnam and Iraq.

A cadaver would react to the smell wherever it was and someone doesn't have to dead long for a dog to pick it up. In a landfill, I have no idea if it's harder as the trash gets buried with each new layer dumped. I don't know if they used dogs at Kelsey's home when they went back the second time. I wondered since the first inspection and her brother's visit reported nothing out of order. Dogs seem like the next logical step. Do you (or anyone) know if dogs were used at the ranch?

Here is an interesting article written by a cadaver dog owner. I read the book about her dog ("What the dog knows").

Dogged detection: NC State professor explains how cadaver dogs are trained to find human remains

Do you think cadaver dogs would be helpful, or not at all?

The reason I am thinking they might help is because of the project when they were looking for the remains of the American soldiers in Vietnam and Iraq.
Yes, I’m confident that they would be a part of such a search.

Two months ain’t nothing for them.

It’ll still be a miracle though, and that’s even if she’s there.

Wasn't there a landfill that PF went to with a couple of friends before he was arrested, or am I imagining things? If so, I'm assuming this is not the same landfill.

Which is not at all a safe assumption, given this is PF we're talking about.

Wasn't there a landfill that PF went to with a couple of friends before he was arrested, or am I imagining things? If so, I'm assuming this is not the same landfill.

Which is not at all a safe assumption, given this is PF we're talking about.
He was at a dump, not a landfill.

JMO
The neighbor I believe described the way he parked his truck and if I have it right it was parked like the diagram below which would have given him a hidden path to his truck.

Her two vehicles would have been side by side with his in front sideways. Giving him a hidden alley
here....v
...........v

|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
{---------------------}
{---------------------} <<< PK's vehicle front
You are basically correct, but KB condo is a duplex with the fronts facing north. The entry doors are down a narrow sunken walkway to the rear of each side. Ag lived in the west half, and KB in the right. Less than twenty feet eastward from KB's door was another condo, with door facing KB's. AG has been the only resident of the complex to come forward and say that she actually engaged in conversation with KB. The resident of the condo directly opposite KB's, with the best line of sight, is the one who told police that there were her car and two red trucks from 12:30 to 1:00 pm. AG didn't tell them anything about it, because she had gone to have Thanksgiving dinner elsewhere. Now, AG owns one parking space, with the front bumper in front of the west side of the front of her condo. Her east half-front faces a rectangular curbed grass area slightly wider and longer than a large car. KB had two parking places, side by side in front of her half of the duplex. There is kind of a low planter wall running out along the west side of KB's parking area which is clearly intended to jut out and define the driving lane of the parking area. In order for PF to park behind her vehicles, he had to kind of jockey into a tight place, between the landscape features. Certainly he did it, but he wasn't positioned for a quick getaway. It has been written that the lady who saw two red trucks didn't know which one belonged to who, and some other neighbors were surprised to see his Toyota being trucked off because they thought it was hers. It would be critical, if Patrick had claimed to be the red pickup parked first, and said he was waiting for KB to come back from Safeway in her red Chevy. If he had, the WP Police would not have been able to say he killed her in the condo, and escaped in his truck which was blocked in by hers.
OMI

Last edited:
You are basically correct, but KB condo is a duplex with the fronts facing north. The entry doors are down a narrow sunken walkway to the rear of each side. Ag lived in the west half, and KB in the right. Less than twenty feet eastward from KB's door was another condo, with door facing KB's. AG has been the only resident of the complex to come forward and say that she actually engaged in conversation with KB. The resident of the condo directly opposite KB's, with the best line of sight, is the one who told police that there were her car and two red trucks from 12:30 to 1:00 pm. AG didn't tell them anything about it, because she had gone to have Thanksgiving dinner elsewhere. Now, AG owns one parking space, with the front bumper in front of the west side of the front of her condo. Her east half-front faces a rectangular curbed grass area slightly wider and longer than a large car. KB had two parking places, side by side in front of her half of the duplex. There is kind of a low planter wall running out along the west side of KB's parking area which is clearly intended to jut out and define the driving lane of the parking area. In order for PF to park behind her vehicles, he had to kind of jockey into a tight place, between the landscape features. Certainly he did it, but he wasn't positioned for a quick getaway. It has been written that the lady who saw two red trucks didn't know which one belonged to who, and some other neighbors were surprised to see his Toyota being trucked off because they thought it was hers. It would be critical, if Patrick had claimed to be the red pickup parked first, and said he was waiting for KB to come back from Safeway in her red Chevy. If he had, the WP Police would not have been able to say he killed her in the condo, and escaped in his truck which was blocked in by hers.
OMI
Kelsey lived in the west half of the townhouse. 269 is her house number. This street view from E Lake Ave is looking south where you can see her number to the right. Which would make her side the left side (or west side) of the townhouse if you are looking at it from the parking area behind (i.e. looking North).
Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member