AL - Marco Perez, 19, faked own death, fatally shot Ofc. Sean Tuder, Mobile, 31 Dec 2018

Police in Mobile County, Alabama, are looking for a teenager who they say faked his own kidnapping and death to avoid going to court.

"Further investigation revealed that Marco Perez, 19, texted his parents, attempting to fake his kidnapping and death, and that Perez wanted to avoid going to federal prison, as he is going to trial on federal gun charges," the Mobile Police Department said in the statement. "Police attempted to locate Perez. However, he ran from police. Perez has an active federal probation violation warrant. The latest in the investigation, at this time, is that police are still looking for Perez."

But Tiffany Perez, the teen's mother, said she is outraged that the Mobile Police Department believes Marco was never in danger. She said that her son wouldn’t fake his own death.

“He goes to every court date. I know because I’m the one who takes him,” Perez said. “Everybody’s a human being whether they've been in trouble or not.”

Missing Alabama teen faked his own kidnapping, death to avoid going to court: Police

Police in Mobile County, Alabama, are looking for a teenager who they say faked his own kidnapping and death to avoid going to court.

"Further investigation revealed that Marco Perez, 19, texted his parents, attempting to fake his kidnapping and death, and that Perez wanted to avoid going to federal prison, as he is going to trial on federal gun charges," the Mobile Police Department said in the statement. "Police attempted to locate Perez. However, he ran from police. Perez has an active federal probation violation warrant. The latest in the investigation, at this time, is that police are still looking for Perez."

But Tiffany Perez, the teen's mother, said she is outraged that the Mobile Police Department believes Marco was never in danger. She said that her son wouldn’t fake his own death.

“He goes to every court date. I know because I’m the one who takes him,” Perez said. “Everybody’s a human being whether they've been in trouble or not.”

Missing Alabama teen faked his own kidnapping, death to avoid going to court: Police

The "entitlement" culture persists . . .

Police: Mobile County mother helped son fake his own kidnapping

Police: Mobile County mother helped son fake his own kidnapping

THEODORE, Ala. (WKRG) -- Mobile Police have arrested the mother of a teenager who police have been searching for since the beginning of January. Mobile Police say the mother filed a missing persons report to help fake her son's kidnapping.

Mobile Police arrested the mother, Tiffany Perez, 38, Thursday. Police have charged her with filing a false police report. During the investigation, police found the report of the kidnapping was not true.

Mobile Police say they spent well over 90 hours of man hours in overtime looking for 19-year-old Marco Perez.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back