CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered about her use of the carseat at all, in the grocery cart. In the various videos, PF can clearly be seen carrying the child with arm arm under her posterior and she is holding herself erect. When he places her in his truck and straps her into the car seat, which is already in place. In the store video, KB is carrying the car seat with the child strapped into it. Those car seats are meant to be strapped into a back-facing position with the car restraints. It is not easy to get it done right, so many parents just leave them in place.
KB's neighbor gave her a used toddler gate to use at the top of her stairway in the condo just a couple of weeks earlier, so I'm assuming she was worried about her crawling child taking a header out of the loft, which is the only bedroom. Again, if she was crawling actively, did she need to be restained in a car seat in the store?
I don't have an answer, or even speculation........but I feel like I have observed a major difference between the two parents' approach to child care.
IMO

At 15 months she would mosy-likely be walking already and she was probably asleep at Safeway in the carrier because the blanket was up so high.

With the renewed interest in photos of KB's condo and the surrounding area, it might be helpful to reference the drone footage one of the local WS members posted. In addition, another local took some photos and posted them while on her daily walk. I can't find those posts. Maybe someone else here has them bookmarked.

Waste Management is very particular about the types and kinds of waste they will accept. They're more 'picky' about that than many of the other regional facilities here in Colorado. WM picks up my trash weekly in a western suburb of the Denver metro area. We use the typical 96-gallon Toter container; ours has a unique serial number on it. The few times I've watched the pickup I see the driver watching a video screen showing the contents of my container being dumped into the hopper, and likely the serial number. Several times the driver has pulled items out of the hopper and placed them back into my container...usually pieces of metal they don't want to take. It would be interesting to know how long the video from each truck is archived.

Maybe Occam’s razor principle works here? They heard about the BF soliciting murder from KK but kept silent because they decided it was none of their business. Real whistleblowers take a risk, you know. KK was well-known in the community, had friends. Then the Rs got interested and crawled out with their information because they hoped for the reward. Now as, apparently, they are not eligible for the reward, they are trying to make money by appearing on the local TV, in three installments. All they know about KK is from BFF, and they are giving out these bits and pieces to spice up the story. No one put a gag order on them, part 3 was so watery because they ran out of material.

Not a lawyer, but married to one. One thing my spouse is: paranoid regarding legal matters. He is always looking for the long-term pitfalls, the ways in which he or clients can be found to have done something wrong, even if it’s just an oversight. This requires running through a lot of what-ifs.

So if there was mention of a murder plot, “what if” this is not just idle talk, and now that I am informed of it, what if it occurs? Etc.

If these lawyers had information about the murder being planned, it surprises me they didn’t high-tail it straight to LE. No decent lawyer imo would want it to come out later that they knew about this and did nothing to protect the victim. It’s antithetical to maintaining their professional reputations, at the very least.

Good Morning all,

I have to run out but want to put this out here.

If KB were dead yes he would have first rights to baby K but how do you see an inheritance.?

KB could have had her parents as beneficiaries on any financial assets because baby K is only a baby and then in later years her parents would designate it to her.
Also we have no idea if KB even had any money or life insurance etc.

Agree.

And if there was money in future from the grandparents, it could be put in a trust and they could heavily control it to keep PF’s hands off it. Iirc KB’s condo originally was put in a trust, which implies the Berreths are comfortable using financial tools of this sort and have someone they work with to handle trust and estate and/or financial planning matters. It’s also possible KB’s planning was in order, since we can see she must have worked closely with her family on the real estate issue.

Based on what I remember, the baby would not directly inherit her mother’s condo because of how ownership was structured.

Looks like she may have ended up in a commercial dumpster in the greater Colorado Springs area, 25 miles from Woodland Park

Last edited:
Her brother said her make up was in her home. If she willingly took of with PF, for Thanksgiving or whatever, she would have either taken along or wrapped up those cinnamon rolls she'd just made.

She could have had make up in her purse, most women do. I doubt her bro knows every lip gloss, eye shadow she has.
As far as the rolls, I don’t know her kitchen habits. Not everyone has the same protocol. Jmo

Last edited:
JMO
The neighbor I believe described the way he parked his truck and if I have it right it was parked like the diagram below which would have given him a hidden path to his truck.

Her two vehicles would have been side by side with his in front sideways. Giving him a hidden alley
here....v
...........v
<<<HOUSE>>>>
...........v
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
|===|.......|===|
{---------------------}
{---------------------} <<< PK's vehicle front

I have to park this way in a couple of driveways in town. Otherwise, my car hangs in the road & also blocks the sidewalk, an offense in my local town. Short driveways are problematic on “no parking” streets. Jmo

When I had WM here in Woodland Park, they collected my garbage on Thursdays. Since thanksgiving was on Thursday, I wonder what day they ended up picking up garbage? Maybe that's why he needed that extra week for her to be off work. The following Thursday would be 11/29.

I’m just glad they didn’t manage to screw it up.

Well, MassGuy, no such luck. They got the next court date wrong. It has Jan 29, IIRC, it got pushed back to Feb 19.
NYDN has become little more than a gossip mag.

ETA: Post by Yellow Rose on next page has article from ABC with correct date.

(A party needs to be had, you are nearing 100,000 likes.)

Last edited:
When I had WM here in Woodland Park, they collected my garbage on Thursdays. Since thanksgiving was on Thursday, I wonder what day they ended up picking up garbage? Maybe that's why he needed that extra week for her to be off work. The following Thursday would be 11/29.
My trash pick up where I live is on Fridays. If a holiday happens to land on trash pick up day then they pick it up the day before, on Thurs.

I'm thinking he would have most likely used a dumpster. Going directly to the landfill to dispose of a body would be too risky since they require a permit or charge you, and keep a log of everyone who comes in. I doubt he would have a permit for a landfill that far away from home, unless maybe he could've used a friend or family member's that lived in Colorado Springs. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288