TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leanne Bearden had an interview scheduled and a move home to Colorado planned. It's very common on this site for a missing person to be found and determined to be a suicide, and relatives to say "but X made all these plans!"

Throughout this thread I have been reminded of cases I followed over the years as well as some I hadn't even heard of. Leann's was one I followed to it's unexpected and sad outcome. Her vibrant adventurous online appearance belied the trouble that eventually ended her life.

Last edited:
On here I followed a few cases of missing women, some moms, and it turns out to be suicide. How shocking, sad, depressing it is. You just don't know the reasoning. I do remember Jen Laber. She left a note. She hid her depression, but had attempted suicide multiple times before but manage to receive help, and hence had kids later on.

Friends keeping pressure on investigators in triple shooting

Sherif Salazar from Bexar County has repeatedly said that although the ME ruled it a suidcide, they’re still going to do their own separate investigation. Not sure if the feds have been called in to investigate - there’s been little to no updates since the event.

I’m merely speculating here. Taking in account there’s been historical cases of misconduct within the ME/coroner field. So since we haven’t heard of an alibi, or literally one word from CW (has been silent/absent from the public eye), it’s hard not to overthink the only thing we know about him, which is his family’s affluence

I wondered that too. Nothing about where he was that night. The press have not been able to get a single account of his version. Almost as if there is some blanket ban on talking about him and as if he has been advised by his legal team to say nothing and keep away from the press.

He does come from a rich and powerful family which is very influential. I won't ever underestimate what money and power can do.

I am certain LE have carefully looked at text messages between CW and Nichol the night before murder/suicide. ( and cell tower info) we need to follow evidence where ever it leads and we will know soon enough where that evidence leads. Speculation because he comes from well to do family and was not a good boyfriend does not a crime make.

Why assume that if it’s a murder/suicide, NO did it over her boyfriend? FWIW, 9 years after her and an ex divorced, there were restraining order(s) and court activity between the two. Something seems very high conflict about that to me, whether it’s her, the ex, or both of them. Not to mention NO was arrested in 2014 for domestic assault (charged were dropped when the victim didn’t show to court, not because she was necessarily innocent).

Well if she killed herself over another guy - you'd think she will ring her BF in distress right? Is it unusual for partners to reach to one another in distress? All he said was he got back home and found her dead and the kids. Nothing about distress calls etc.

Think about it, 7 days and police have yet to ruled it a suicide. It should be an open and shut case judging from many of the posts here right? Well whats going on, everything should check up by now. How difficult should it be.

Or maybe someone is not checking out? *strokes unshaven chin*

I am certain LE have carefully looked at text messages between CW and Nichol the night before murder/suicide. ( and cell tower info) we need to follow evidence where ever it leads and we will know soon enough where that evidence leads. Speculation because he comes from well to do family and was not a good boyfriend does not a crime make.

I am no expert how long does it take the LE to clear or corroborate a POI's story and what circumstance could possibly lead to a delay?

This will be long and repetitive. Feel free to scroll and roll. Note: links for all below can be found on preceding pages.

NO (age 37), AM (age 16) LB (age 10) found deceased at 9:04 am on 10 Jan 2019. Manner of death: gunshot wounds, initially reported as being to “upper body” and later revised to wounds to head. Decedents were found by boyfriend of NO. He has been identified as “CW” and he the is known property owner.

Known INFO CW
  1. “owns an oil drilling maintenance and services company, purchased the home last year for just over $1 million.”
  2. “Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said that the boyfriend did not spend night at the home, where he lived with the three dead women.”
  3. “A 2013 Ford pickup truck registered to his name was seen being towed from the neighborhood by police on Thursday night, (10 Jan 2019) the reported.” (sic) - source: from the first page link/post for this thread)
  4. Family: affluent (MOO: does this make for a situation of unfair influence?? Cover up?
General observations: CW has not made any statements to MSM. There has been no info regarding his whereabouts, no mentioned alibi. Search history does not reveal past history of arrests. No comments from people who know him. (Where are VERIFIED inside sources?!)

POI: NO
initial reports were murder/suicide. NO -Mother of 3. Married/divorced from fathers of her college age son (S) and from 16yo victim (AM). She was not married to 10yo (LB) father.

(LB’s father had previously been charged with failure to pay child support.)

Internet search shows NO was previously charged with domestic violence, but charges were dropped when the accuser failed to show for the hearing.

Summary:
At this time it is undetermined who killed the two younger victims. NO was the only known person present at the time of the girls deaths. She is considered a POI. She is also to be considered a potential victim. - (LE has yet to make a ruling.)

An aside: LE mentioned there are POI’s (plural), but have not specified any others by name.

MOO: it would be great to have VERIFIED inside family/friends to tell their story and share information that has not been released to MSM.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kens5.com/amp/article?section=news&subsection=investigations&headline=father-demands-truth-to-be-told-in-deaths-of-daughter-ex-wife&contentId=273-a0b8fff0-a9c5-4a18-b5c1-057e82c1b6f2

Published: 01/17/19
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — Strangers were united by tragedy last week, and on Wednesday a candlelight vigil was held to remember a mother and her two daughters found dead in a luxurious Bexar County home.

NO, her 10-year-old daughter, LB, and 16-year-old, AM died nearly a week ago. However, mystery still surrounds their deaths...

Edit: corrected names to initials

Where does it say he was not a good boyfriend, please?

This will be long and repetitive. Feel free to scroll and roll. Note: links for all below can be found on preceding pages.

NO (age 37), AM (age 16) LB (age 10) found deceased at 9:04 am on 10 Jan 2019. Manner of death: gunshot wounds, initially reported as being to “upper body” and later revised to wounds to head. Decedents were found by boyfriend of NO. He has been identified as “CW” and he the is known property owner.

Known INFO CW
  1. “owns an oil drilling maintenance and services company, purchased the home last year for just over $1 million.”
  2. “Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said that the boyfriend did not spend night at the home, where he lived with the three dead women.”
  3. “A 2013 Ford pickup truck registered to his name was seen being towed from the neighborhood by police on Thursday night, (10 Jan 2019) the reported.” (sic) - source: from the first page link/post for this thread)
  4. Family: affluent (MOO: does this make for a situation of unfair influence?? Cover up?
General observations: CW has not made any statements to MSM. There has been no info regarding his whereabouts, no mentioned alibi. Search history does not reveal past history of arrests. No comments from people who know him. (Where are VERIFIED inside sources?!)

POI: NO
initial reports were murder/suicide. NO -Mother of 3. Married/divorced from fathers of her college age son (S) and from 16yo victim (AM). She was not married to 10yo (LB) father.

(LB’s father had previously been charged with failure to pay child support.)

Internet search shows NO was previously charged with domestic violence, but charges were dropped when the accuser failed to show for the hearing.

Summary:
At this time it is undetermined who killed the two younger victims. NO was the only known person present at the time of the girls deaths. She is considered a POI. She is also to be considered a potential victim. - (LE has yet to make a ruling.)

An aside: LE mentioned there are POI’s (plural), but have not specified any others by name.

MOO: it would be great to have VERIFIED inside family/friends to tell their story and share information that has not been released to MSM.
How do we know she was the only one present when the girls were murdered? I missed that. Thanks.

How do we know she was the only one present when the girls were murdered? I missed that. Thanks.
Hey! My comment read “the only known”. (As in : LE has not come out and said “others were present)

There has not been any thing in MSM that said anyone else was in the home at the time of their deaths. I did not say thatthere were no others present.”

I am just here trying to abide WS TOS.

Prayers for the family.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking. No, family are off limits unless they are officially named as a POI or suspect. You may discuss what is said by them or about them in MSM articles about the case, but cannot sleuth them or discuss your findings here.
Bump: “You may discuss what is said by them or about them in MSM articles about the case, but cannot sleuth them or discuss your findings here.”

There are alternatives, but it goes against TOS to discuss; the person I am thinking of is not named as a suspect by LE.
For those who are new, TOS does allow for private discussion/conversations (top of page- click on Inbox and then “start a conversation”). Or you can click on the member name you want to have a conversation with. This also allows for multiple people to join the convo

Last edited:
IMO it’s unfair to accuse LE of preferential treatment of Wheeler just because he’s affluent.

It seems to me that they’re NOT immediately accepting the murder/suicide explanation - which would be most convenient for Wheeler. It seems he’s facing a fair amount of scrutiny — as he should be.

Hey! My comment read “the only known”. (As in : LE has not come out and said “others were present)

There has not been any thing in MSM that said anyone else was in the home at the time of their deaths. I did not say thatthere were no others present.”

I am just here trying to abide WS TOS.

Prayers for the family.
Thank you for clarifying....all this unknown is making me batty.

IMO it’s unfair to accuse LE of preferential treatment of Wheeler just because he’s affluent.

It seems to me that they’re NOT immediately accepting the murder/suicide explanation - which would be most convenient for Wheeler. It seems he’s facing a fair amount of scrutiny — as he should be.
I am sure there is scrutiny of all exs as well as CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member