Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess, they are doing just some news, a FB site, etc. because people want to help and they do not want to be rude after having support from the community and well meaning strangers world wide, they also needed the media when word needed to be put out to find her. It has to be hard though with media camped out most likely and friends and well meaning strangers wanting to help.

I want to understand this crime as much as anyone and am guilty for looking for news but right now I really wish the media would leave them and Jayme alone. When you had an evil man(?) break into your home, I can't imagine what it is like to have people possibly driving by or who knows, Radar News probably has people stalking to get photos. I would be scared of everything from the delivery man to particularly someone camped on my lawn or nearby, especially at night.

Wow, I didn’t realize it was an 8 minute walk between JN’s home and the teacher’s home. That’s a very long time to be out in the open in such terrifying circumstances.
I remember from one of JN's first news clips she said that it took so long because Jayme was having trouble walking in the ill fitting shoes on the snowy, ice covered road. I imagine it took Jayme about the same amount of time to get to the end of JN's drive from JP's house. So yes, she was out in the open for while...truly terrifying!

With all due respect, they took a box in Rice Lake, probably to keep packages away from their home address/deliveries/town and for safety and privacy would be my guess. I would not try to send something to their town or home, no matter how nice a gesture it might be. jmho. meant with all respect.
Agreed, of course not, didn't mean to imply that was an ok thing to do now. I was addressing the quoted poster's question about wondering how long the special Rice Lake box would be kept, since someone else had commented about how the well-wishing dies off after a while and might be extra-appreciated later when there is less outward public support. At that time, if the Rice Lake box has been discontinued, I wanted to point out that one does not need to know a person's private PO Box number to get mail to them, if the community is small enough. Of course their current request to have mail come through the given box number should be respected.

I remember from one of JN's first news clips she said that it took so long because Jayme was having trouble walking in the ill fitting shoes on the snowy, ice covered road. I imagine it took Jayme about the same amount of time to get to the end of JN's drive from JP's house. So yes, she was out in the open for while...truly terrifying!

I wonder if it is possible he never left shoes or boots around and headed back because he realized he had? I also wonder if she saw the dog walker and knew it was her maybe first chance to encounter someone. They say most do not live there full-time.

To do a bit of a 180 but still related to footwear--this leads me to wonder if she was taken from her own house barefoot, with socks on or slippers? In the first case, being drug on gravel I would think may have left some of her DNA or blood from scrapes and in the other two cases, may have left fibers... Just a thought--maybe irrelevant but it would be more evidence they may have--at least of her abduction.

Agreed, of course not, didn't mean to imply that was an ok thing to do now. I was addressing the quoted poster's question about wondering how long the special Rice Lake box would be kept, since someone else had commented about how the well-wishing dies off after a while and might be extra-appreciated later when there is less outward public support. At that time, if the Rice Lake box has been discontinued, I wanted to point out that one does not need to know a person's private PO Box number to get mail to them, if the community is small enough. Of course their current request to have mail come through the given box number should be respected.

That is so very true, small towns do know and it is one of the great things about them. I did understand what you meant and by a later point they may well be receptive to it, I was just pointing it out in the event anyone might read it, not know of the PO Box and send it that way now.

I would almost guess a friend is handling the mail for them and it may even be screened and definitely opened before brought to the family. Just speculation on my part but considering Rice Lake is a nearby city and Barron does have its own PO.

As I said, my remark was with all respect, and understood your point, just was clarifying for others. I have not sent anything and have not donated yet or even posted a remark but am one that is waiting for the very reasons you and others mentioned and the ones I did as well. I feel they are probably being bombarded by all sides at the moment and hopefully media gets out of town and/or stops calling them which is an educated guess that they are.

Just my thoughts on PF and this crime with what we know today:

I can see PF's departure <read probably booted out> from the Marines as a big trigger for him although he didn't act out until later. He was working his way up IMO.

We've seen how he alluded in his yearbook about being 'done with school' and looking forward to the Marines,

We've seen a picture of him with his Mom and Sister announcing he's 'leaving soon' to be the big, bad Marine,

His Dad is able to move closer to his job after years of a long commute, because PF was away being The Marine.

Maybe this was one of the few times in his life that he could display his inflated ego, gain pride from his family/others and potentially become a killer in real life (during combat). I do believe once he 'failed' at this, he spiraled. Probably didn't show any blatant outward signs or raise alarming red flags to others as he basically sequestered himself at home and participated just enough within the family to satisfy their questions or concerns.

PF was humiliated I think. He withdrew, stewed, simmered, planned and plotted. He probably placated his parents by searching for jobs and putting in applications, maybe they weren't even aware he wasn't working full time. JMO

How it went from this point and his actions the night of Oct 15th is beyond comprehension. I think he immersed himself in para military type mindset and planned a big F U to his 'beloved' Marines. I can't help but wonder if there are some type of criminal activities he committed during this time? I wonder if we'll ever really know?

Ticking time bomb PF and I believe he carried this out without one ounce of emotion because he is emotionless. He doesn't feel remorse or empathy for others, classic personality disorder signs. I think society dodged a budding serial killer with his arrest I really do. I'm just sorry James, Denise and Jayme had to pay the price. :(

All JMOO

Psst.... Girl, I think you got your initials mixed up. PF is the perp in Kelsey's case. JTP or JP is the perp who kidnapped Jayme and murdered James and Denise. ;)

Other than that, good points! :)

Cops should be trained to drive fast in all condition. I have seen police chase videos of cops driving over 100 mph on snow and ice in heavy traffic. They can do it, when they want to.

I don't believe she was ever taken to the hospital. She was taken by police car to the police station, even after medical help was requested for her.

That is their spin on it, and their math doesn't add up. As for the operator, she wasn't doing anything to keep them calm. They were keeping themselves calm. The operator even said that.

The operator started the call off as if it was a false report. I doubt that she even dispatched the help, until well into the call.

I think they should have gotten there as fast as they possible. The first problem was that the operator didn't take the call serious to begin with. She clearly thought it was a hoax. And I agree they were further delayed, because they were making plans. You can hear that on the tape. Which has been a problem at many mass shootings. The cops are outside making plans while people are getting shot inside. The police must respond as fast as possible, and that didn't happen in this case.

Yes, I have listened to all 29 minutes and 42 seconds of the call at least once. I have listened to the important parts more. I don't think it was treated appropriately. Aside from their slow response, she should have been transported to a hospital immediately, for two reasons. 1. For safety reasons. Hospitals are good safe secure places. 2. So she could start getting immediate treatment.

The reports I read said she was taken to the police station in a police car. An ambulance could have removed her right away. Hospitals are generally considered a safe secure location where crime victims can receive treatment, counseling, and be interviewed by police all at the same time.

It's on the tape. The dispatcher diverted the EMS to a staging area, to wait. Then the police then took her out of the area.

Posted again for all of you to see. Please use these posts as examples of how NOT to conduct yourself here. I'm not going to dignify any of this with any responses. Rubbish.

That said, I have a question: does anyone know whether or not a final decision has been made on the $25,000 + $25,000 reward proceeds? Last I heard there were plans to set up a trust fund for the money.

Goodness, I've just been lurking here but it's so hard to stay caught up.

I feel so badly for Jayme. And knowing the horror she went through. It's just so sad that her parents lost their lives trying to protect their little girl. I can't imagine poor Denise's last moments and Jayme having to see that is just heartbreaking.

I am not at all a religious or spiritual person but really, the fact that it was a nice, older woman walking her dog who came across Jayme and with a dog? And a social worker with experience with children? That part just seems like it couldn't have been better. Ms. Nutter did a fabulous job as did the family whose house they ended up at.

I just hope now that JP gets what's due to him and Jayme gets the ongoing love and help she will need. She may not have her parents but she is a lucky girl to have such a close and supportive extended family and aunt to take care of her.

Yes, just thinking about her finding it within herself to get out from under the bed, and then trying to get to help in slow motion with too-big, wrong-foot shoes, in the cold and snow, no idea where she is or where he is, and then the 20 minutes waiting for the police with again, no idea where he is, fills me with stress. I can't imagine it, and have nothing but admiration for her and everyone who helped her.

I can see PF's departure <read probably booted out> from the Marines as a big trigger for him although he didn't act out until later. He was working his way up IMO.

We've seen how he alluded in his yearbook about being 'done with school' and looking forward to the Marines,

We've seen a picture of him with his Mom and Sister announcing he's 'leaving soon' to be the big, bad Marine,

His Dad is able to move closer to his job after years of a long commute, because PF was away being The Marine.

Maybe this was one of the few times in his life that he could display his inflated ego, gain pride from his family/others and potentially become a killer in real life (during combat). I do believe once he 'failed' at this, he spiraled. Probably didn't show any blatant outward signs or raise alarming red flags to others as he basically sequestered himself at home and participated just enough within the family to satisfy their questions or concerns.

PF was humiliated I think. He withdrew, stewed, simmered, planned and plotted. He probably placated his parents by searching for jobs and putting in applications, maybe they weren't even aware he wasn't working full time. JMO

How it went from this point and his actions the night of Oct 15th is beyond comprehension. I think he immersed himself in para military type mindset and planned a big F U to his 'beloved' Marines. I can't help but wonder if there are some type of criminal activities he committed during this time? I wonder if we'll ever really know?

Ticking time bomb PF and I believe he carried this out without one ounce of emotion because he is emotionless. He doesn't feel remorse or empathy for others, classic personality disorder signs. I think society dodged a budding serial killer with his arrest I really do. I'm just sorry James, Denise and Jayme had to pay the price. :(

All JMOO

Who is PF?

I believe the @girlhasnoname meant "JP" ("PF" has been arrested in the disappearance and apparent murder of Kelsey Berreth in Colorado; I think it was just a mix up).

I think the absolute worst thing that could happen to a person is that no one cares whether they live or die, no one visits, to be totally forgotten. And to live out the rest of your life with no love, no caring, no purpose and no reason to even wake up in the morning. Even though JP thinks that is what he wants and behaved accordingly throughout high school at least, he did it by choice, now that choice is gone. He has no idea of the hell he faces inside his own head and outside his head for the next 60 to 70 YEARS !!!!

It's clear to me that while JP was intelligent in the way he handled details, like planning to the degree of wiping down bullets and removing the trunk safety pull, he has little to no problem solving or people skills. For whatever sick reason, he got it into his head that he was going to take a girl. And his only option was to risk storming into the house, killing everyone else, because he didn't have the problem solving skills or adaptability it would take to abduct a child in any other scenario. When Jayme was found and the cop pulled him over, he immediately confessed because his one and only plan had failed. He had no other options accessible in his rigid mind. He hid Jayme under the bed and expected that she wouldn't try to escape because he had (IMO) tested her many times and she had complied.

In my experience, people who have this kind of intelligence are extremely arrogant because they don't value people skills, emotional intelligence or adaptability. They think the type of intelligence they possess is the only type of intelligence that really matters. They believe they are superior and the reason other people don't like them is because those people are too stupid to understand them. I definitely see this in JP with the way he gave so many details in his confession. He wanted the cops and everyone else to know how intelligent and superior to them he was. I have a feeling LE did what they could to encourage him to "help them understand" how he pulled this crime off "with such genius." Clearly they won that battle of the minds.

All MOO

In my mind, I can imagine it was an interview like CW had with Tammy, the FBI agent in the Watts case.

All JMOO

I agree with a lot of this and definitely think the military stuff factored into his crimes. He did have some military books in the house from what i have read, so he was probably obsessed in some way with all that, and i agree the big FU to everyone, IMO.
Such a shame he got that job and fixated on Jayme and her family in passing by their home if that's how it all really went down with him when he told LE his story, :(

Posted again for all of you to see. Please use these posts as examples of how NOT to conduct yourself here. I'm not going to dignify any of this with any responses. Rubbish.

That said, I have a question: does anyone know whether or not a final decision has been made on the $25,000 + $25,000 reward proceeds? Last I heard there were plans to set up a trust fund for the money.
I believe they are still deciding but I also believe public pressure or conscience will release the monies to Jamey,

The reason why I question it is: They haven't shined a light on those dirty details, unless I missed them. I keep hoping no assault of that nature was involved and that he was just weird. Highly unlikely though. Oh I did just remember that they took DNA from him. Sigh. Wishful thinking on my part.

I get the impression that horrible things happened and they're trying to let this poor girl keep her dignity. They don't want all her classmates to know the details of what she went through. I actually appreciate that. Being in middle school is tough. Imagine navigating those waters with the shame of what happened to you being public information.

I think the absolute worst thing that could happen to a person is that no one cares whether they live or die, no one visits, to be totally forgotten. And to live out the rest of your life with no love, no caring, no purpose and no reason to even wake up in the morning. Even though JP thinks that is what he wants and behaved accordingly throughout high school at least, he did it by choice, now that choice is gone. He has no idea of the hell he faces inside his own head and outside his head for the next 60 to 70 YEARS !!!!

Oh if it is like it is supposed to be, he will getting his *advertiser censored** out of bed in the morning, every morning for the rest of his life, even without motivation or a goal. If he is what he seems which is lazy, entitled and hates authority, he is going to hate his life going forward. No sentence is enough for what he did though is it? I daresay he is not going to be eating at the local bar ever again while she is probably hungry and captive at his home but I hope he enjoys no alcohol, no caffeine and all those other things I do not doubt he is used to. It is not nice but I hope he is walked by the worst of the worst when he is taken into prison--maybe that just comes from movies...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle