Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you're saying. I've known several true
narcissists who pretended to like/love their pets but if you observed the pets, they did not reciprocate the feelings.
The pets simply 'tolerated' their owners. I had a feeling that when no one was looking, the pets were ignored.

Also, Adoph Hitler reportedly had his beloved GSD's killed
prior to his own death by, I believe, sending them into a booby
trapped area.

Agree with this wholeheartedly. That brand of Love is advantageous and is not the same as for most of us. It is not a selfless love because selflessness does not exist in their brain. I could go on, but then that would morph into a personal story which is counterproductive to the thread. Just put the animal into the same position as you would a spouse or child with the narcissist. It is more of a possession than a being.

Interesting point. Did he love them as in truly or as in a "possession of his/pride"? Meaning to be more specific there are people that "love" their car but it is an object clearly...
True. I admit I don't own my fur baby, he definitely owns me and nobody dare mention he's an animal not a human :p:D

For me personally, I find all the opposing views of JP by friends, neighbors, family etc. interesting. Typically, in these cases we see some sort of pattern of behavior skewed in one general direction, although he is still relatively young.

He's been consistently described as a loner, but we don't really have a documented past of criminal activities, SA, extreme anger, etc. He was able to engage in the school Quizz Bowl which indicates he's fairly intelligent (I suspect higher than average IQ) and was known to some friends to have a sense of humor, but didn't seem to have a wide range of real friends. He appears to have had issues conforming to societal standards after graduation. IMO

Again, it's back to that chameleon, enigma type personality that a lot of Psychopaths have, and we can never truly know IMO. I believe if not apprehended he would have repeated this behavior and on a larger scale even. :eek:

JMO

I want to give a shout out for Jayme's parents, James and Denise. Both of them are heroes, trying to protect their daughter. James went to the door to confront whatever was going on to protect his family, losing his life instantly. Denise took her daughter in her arms in the bathtub trying to protect her daughter, only to lose her life too.

They raised a smart, good, strong willed young lady who found her way to freedom under terrifying conditions.

Agreed!

I can’t find the link now, but one of JC’s relatives gave a media interview after her escape/rescue saying something to the effect of James Closs could be tough as nails, and that Jayme clearly got her dad’s toughness .

I personally am not religious, but even so, I’m in awe that Jayme found the courage to escape and that JN, KK, and PK were in exactly the right place at the right time. It really does feel like a miracle.

Interesting. It makes one wonder. Of course as you say, who knows, it could be just the image he knew it would portray in film footage. Yet it is food for thought. We know animals can be therapeutic because they often just accept and love unconditionally where humans don't (or at least not all).

I've learned things are never that black and white. Even evil people can have feelings for others or for animals. Because it's rare that someone is ever 100% evil even if they commit the worst atrocities like this.

Everything Jayme was wearing, her personal condition, her hair could have been evidence lost if she was taken to the hospital before police got to her. I held my breath through out call hoping they didn't offer her fresh clothes and more so when the woman asked what size shoe she wore That said, if Jayme were suffering life threatening conditions getting her to a hospital would have been 1st priority.

Who said she wasn't brought straight to the hospital? Evidence collection is often done there.

The reports I read said she was taken to the police station in a police car. An ambulance could have removed her right away. Hospitals are generally considered a safe secure location where crime victims can receive treatment, counseling, and be interviewed by police all at the same time.
Link please? I haven't read that. TIA

I've learned things are never that black and white. Even evil people can have feelings for others or for animals. Because it's rare that someone is ever 100% evil even if they commit the worst atrocities like this.

I think much the same. Hard to understand what makes the difference. There are kids with issues, who are not social, etc., who will never kill. Not trying to blame men but it is far more commonly men. Does one kid have more instances or things that went wrong maybe than the next who had one or two things go very wrong but had an understanding parent or grandparent or teacher and the next doesn't? If only those answers were known--no expert but nothing is every black and white, I agree. I use the term gray a lot... One cannot group or assume anything about any one individual.

ETA: *ever* not every. and to clarify last sentence meaning every loner for instance does not kill. every child with some disorder does not kill. every cop is not good or bad, sure there are both. children of abuse do not necessarily grow up to abuse. one will live there life being the exact opposite of the parent they had and the next will repeat the pattern. no expert but i suppose it largely depends on age and other circumstances and how bad it was, as well as coping skills?

Jayme Closs, who was found on Thursday nearly three months after being allegedly abducted by a 21-year-old man who police say fatally shot her parents, exemplifies absolute bravery and strength, a relative tells PEOPLE.

“Jayme is a complete badass,” Jodie Arnold, who is first cousins with Jayme’s late mother Denise, tells PEOPLE. “As far as I’m concerned she saved herself.”

Recalling how the 13-year-old was a “very quiet, passive girl,” Arnold, 39, credits Jayme’s “perseverance and will to live” for her freedom.
Once-Missing Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Is a 'Complete Badass,' Says Cousin: 'She Saved Herself'

I want to give a shout out for Jayme's parents, James and Denise. Both of them are heroes, trying to protect their daughter. James went to the door to confront whatever was going on to protect his family, losing his life instantly. Denise took her daughter in her arms in the bathtub trying to protect her daughter, only to lose her life too.
They raised a smart, good, strong willed young lady who found her way to freedom under terrifying conditions.
Haa! I did a literal Woot Woot just now, glad no one was here to witness it. :oops::D

I think much the same. Hard to understand what makes the difference. There are kids with issues, who are not social, etc., who will never kill. Not trying to blame men but it is far more commonly men. Does one kid have more instances or things that went wrong maybe than the next who had one or two things go very wrong but had an understanding parent or grandparent or teacher and the next doesn't? If only those answers were known--no expert but nothing is every black and white, I agree. I use the term gray a lot... One cannot group or assume anything about any one individual.

ETA: *ever* not every. and to clarify last sentence meaning every loner for instance does not kill. every child with some disorder does not kill. every cop is not good or bad, sure there are both. children of abuse do not necessarily grow up to abuse. one will live there life being the exact opposite of the parent they had and the next will repeat the pattern. no expert but i suppose it largely depends on age and other circumstances and how bad it was, as well as coping skills?
I agree. And lots of people that have anti-social personality disorder will never harm anyone. Its something that is still poorly understood I think.

Beautifully put.

Just out of curiousity, because I don't know much about it, why steer clear of ?
We've seen so many problems with set up to benefit someone else. Who sets it up? Who controls it? Who sets the beneficiary, who pays the income taxes. Plus takes a small percentage. A far better route is to just set up a trust at a local bank and let people donate directly to it.

Beautifully put.
One of things I find so sad, is that Jayme knew her parents had been murdered that night. But she never really got a chance to grieve since she was in survival mode for 3 months. Now that she is free and safe and with loved ones, that can happen. That must be very difficult. Hopefully her aunt and uncle and counselors can help her sort through all those emotions. I honestly can't imagine how she must be feeling.

That was my impression though i can't now seem to find a link. When the deputies arrived, she was placed in one car and with another car following, she was taken directly to the hospital.

I've never heard of a victim like this not taken directly to a hospital. The social worker said she appeared in shock. But regardless, that's where they do evidence collection for certain crimes.

I think someone is simply trying to stir the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam