CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
or the stain on the carpet? It was implied before that it was bleach... the defense is implying it was maybe paint from the kids "helping".

They were getting the carpet torn out and were replacing the flooring, so I doubt the McStay's were that concerned about it at the time if it was just paint. jmo

If the carpet was to be removed, why use bleach to remove stains.
Was it blood?
I agree, if it was paint, bleach would probably not be used.
MOO.

Thank You.
It’s crazy I have been posting about this family for years on here and I have never heard the name mentioned.

Talking about people who may be called...

Does anybody remember a news article where Chase took a family gold hunting? ( I don’t know the correct term) Chase brought the McStays up to this family and was I think aggressive and they got really scared by him and thought he was planning to rob them or even murder them? They managed to escape him and got back to the car. But they was definitely spooked by his behaviour and they had a ton of equipment that was valuable.
Yes, I think it was during the ‘chasing a killer’ documentary.

it wasn't an article, it was on the CNN special with Randi Kaye, and they didn't use their real name.

We shall see as the article was pulled pretty quickly once it had gone up so I’m assuming LE had it pulled due to their investigation.

There's no article, it was on the CNN special.

Well other people who was on here at the time can back me up. It was 100% a article.

Can anybody please prove I am not mistaken and confirm that there was a newspaper article?

Because I personally know the person who was interviewed for CNN. They did no other interviews before or after. There could have been a mention of the person interviewed in an article, I suppose that is possible.

I’ve never seen an article, but I saw the CNN segment. Here is the portion of the transcript of the CNN program including the spooked prospector:

JERRY SMITH (PH): Extremely friendly, you know, very outgoing.

This is where Chase and I dug this.

KAYE: Jerry Smith (ph), a recreational gold prospector met Chase Merritt in August 2014. He's asked us not to use his real name for his protection.

Jerry met Chase through his new career, gold mining.

SMITH (PH): My wife and I purchased a machine called the dry washer and there was a broken part. So I contacted the manufacturer and the manufacturer got me in touch with Chase.

KAYE: After Chase fixed his gear, Jerry and his wife went gold prospecting with Chase a handful of times in a high desert.

SMITH (PH): He said, "I know those areas like the back on my hand."

KAYE: But Jerry says the Chase Merritt who showed up the last time they met was noticeably different from the friendly cowboy he had come to know.

SMITH (PH): While we were standing there, Chase says to me, "You probably know who I am." And I referred back to him, I said, "Well, not really because we just met you four or five weeks ago." And he said, "Well have you ever heard of the McStay family?"

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A family of four vanishes.

KAYE: Jerry remembered hearing about the McStays on the news but had no clue Chase had any connection to them.

SMITH (PH): He said that he was Joey's best friend and his business partner. He didn't seem sad at all talking about it. He was almost kind of cold and he also went on to talk about his wife, Summer, he called her an F-ing a couple of times.

And more and more, he talked about things that were going on between him and the McStay family that the more uneasy I got.

KAYE: Jerry's unease only got worst when Chase insisted they hike here, to an even more secluded area.

KAYE: So what was your gut telling you that day?

SMITH (PH): I was getting spooked, hair were standing up on my body.

KAYE: Jerry quickly hiked back to his wife, packed up his $10,000 worth of prospect being here and headed out of the desert. The next day, Jerry decided he needed to tell someone what it happened.

SMITH (PH): I made contact with the Sheriff's Department Homicide.

CNN.com - Transcripts

Thank You.
It’s crazy I have been posting about this family for years on here and I have never heard the name mentioned.

Talking about people who may be called...

Does anybody remember a news article where Chase took a family gold hunting? ( I don’t know the correct term) Chase brought the McStays up to this family and was I think aggressive and they got really scared by him and thought he was planning to rob them or even murder them? They managed to escape him and got back to the car. But they was definitely spooked by his behaviour and they had a ton of equipment that was valuable.
Go to the 26 min mark. That's where he talks about the incident with Chase.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago
#McStay - Defense: The first time this was discussed was when pros told you to say this was blood? OBJECTION speculation. The first time you started looking at table for blood was when pros said, look at this table, what do you think? Did they ask, can you tell this is blood? No

DxJVOHmUYAAFOhJ.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Why does he not want it to be blood in the house?

Seems he is not working to enhance his own case. We all know they must have been killed somewhere. This argument against blood is leading to them being taken elsewhere and killed, which is what a clean truck would suggest anyway.

It all makes me think defense can't show Chase wasn't at the house with this extent of argument over the killings happening there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288