Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for myself, I don't feel like I do know the reasons he kidnapped and kept her. The obvious may be a big part of it, but I don't assume that, and I suspect there's more. Only long hours with a psychiatrist, if that were to ever happen, would tell us, IMO.
isn't it like a lot of other abductions/etc =sex and power?
male '''impulsiveness'''/etc

Unfortunately these are the kind of cases where an attorney can make "a name for themselves". If they find any sort of crack that can get this case dismissed because of false evidence, coercion or any other thing like that, it can mean big money for them. I am not by any means saying this will definitely happen or that I agree with it, however, it happens. These high Profile cases also bring out private law firms offering to do the case Pro Bono, just to get their names out there.

Not only will it not definitely happen, there's not a chance in hell that it will, IMO. This isn't a question of whodunit. He had her, he confessed and the perp stated it was him.

No. I don't think these guys are hoping to win the lottery. They're advertising for their practices. "Oh, THAT defense attorney can strategize!!! He could find a way to get that guy off even though the guy confessed!!! Man. Too bad JP can't afford him. But I can afford him to represent my son in his burglary case!!! No one ever understood my poor son. This attorney can help him!"

Last edited:
I don't personally care what label or diagnosis might be slapped onto him, or if one is at all. I was just referring to what was said in the article and going from there. I don't like speculating about what horrors may have befallen Jayme while in captivity, but I like to be part of a group convo. The article, and speculating about what kind of defense might be put forth, just offered a topic of conversation. I certainly didn't mean to imply that I thought his actions should be excused for any reason.

FWIW, I didn't think that you had done any such thing. And, believe me, I've disappeared down rabbit holes for extended periods of time (think literally years, not mere months or a few weeks) pondering the nuances of BPD versus malignant narcissism versus anti-social PD as expressed in a particular crime.

Spending all that time in dark holes I found ultimately useless, because in the end I don't think it is possible for lay people (or perhaps anyone) to genuinely understand the thinking or motivation or actions of minds so twisted as to be capable of remorseless, cold blooded murder, and of taking sadistic pleasure in robbing a child of her parents, freedom, dignity, sense of security, and whatever else.

JMO, and my original post no doubt too bluntly stated, but a jumping off of yours not a criticism of any kind, bear lady. ;)

Exactly. Even well meaning people are overstepping into a weird side with this. I have seen it here even.

I know exactly what you're saying. She loves her aunt and uncle. This kid had a really great family. Her parents are gone, but she still has the rest of her great family.
She needs to be allowed to feel safe with them and create her new normal without interference of strangers. That's not happening at all. Even strangers with the best of intentions are still just strangers to Jayme. She's suddenly famous. Everyone knows her, but she doesn't know them. The worst situation in the world for a child abducted by a stranger that killed her parents and held against her will for 3 months to capture the attention of millions of strangers.
IMO.

Inspirational apparel with her name, using her as a "icon" for whatever cause someone is pushing, making statements about the identity she should take on, being a spokesperson for whatever, her name with a hashtag#, etc.
Yes. But, do they have to get permission to use her name, pictures, etc.?

I have a question. Your answers will be purely speculative, but given what we know about JP - the crime details, and his profile - how likely would you say this is his first crime? Would you be surprised to find out he'd either planned or carried out other crimes?

My feeling is he has not, given the murders of DC and JC, even though they were meticulously planned to eliminate evidence, it was still arrogant and risky.

Whereas someone who was only interested in the abduction of another, IMO, may not have taken such a risk. So many layers of violence.

I guess I am also wondering how others think the violent and reckless murders of the C's, along with the obsessive/compulsive nature of the abduction, fit into the ASPD framework and/or the sadism framework that has been talked about in this thread.

Honestly, I don't know. Is she a trademark brand? no. They probably don't. All my opinion.

It would seem the only recourse of action is to sue. Her family is worried about enough right now. They're not going to use all their resources to sue people with good intentions that are just missing the mark by a long shot.

I have a question. Your answers will be purely speculative, but given what we know about JP - the crime details, and his profile - how likely would you say this is his first crime? Would you be surprised to find out he'd either planned or carried out other crimes?

My feeling is he has not, given the murders of DC and JC, even though they were meticulously planned to eliminate evidence, it was still arrogant and risky.

Whereas someone who was only interested in the abduction of another, IMO, may not have taken such a risk. So many layers of violence.

I guess I am also wondering how others think the violent and reckless murders of the Closses, along with the obsessive/compulsive nature of the abduction, fit into the ASPD framework and/or the sadism framework that has been talked about in this thread.

I feel like he may have some petty criminal activity in his past, but I think this was his first "big" crime. I don't think he killed before, though I don't think this would have been his last.

Not only will it not definitely happen, there's not a chance in hell that it will, IMO. This isn't a question of whodunit. he had her, he confessed and the perp

No. I don't think these guys are hoping to win the lottery. They're advertising for their practices. "Oh, THAT defense attorney can strategize!!! He could find a way to get that guy off even though the guy confessed!!! Man. Too bad JP can't afford him. But I can afford him to represent my son in his burglary case!!! No one ever understood my poor son. This attorney can help him!"
I was stating that it could be a lottery for the 2 DA's defending him. Yes, of course it is advertising if a private firm were to take his case, that's why they do it.

I guess I am also wondering how others think the violent and reckless murders of the C's, along with the obsessive/compulsive nature of the abduction, fit into the ASPD framework and/or the sadism framework that has been talked about in this thread.
I doubt that this is his first crime. But I'm sure its his first of this magnitude. His first murder and first kidnapping. But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he has some experience at burglary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3