GUILTY IL - Skylar Mendez, 4, killed by mom‘s boyfriend for spilling juice on Xbox, Waukegan, 13 Dec 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Illinois man beat 4-year-old girl to death for spilling juice on his Xbox, prosecutors say

An Illinois man could face life in prison for fatally beating his girlfriend’s four-year-old daughter after she spilled juice on his Xbox console, prosecutors said.

Jonathan Fair, 19, of Waukegan, was indicted on four counts of first-degree murder by a Lake County Grand Jury on Wednesday.
upload_2019-1-13_11-15-59.jpeg upload_2019-1-13_11-16-34.jpeg upload_2019-1-13_11-16-55.jpeg upload_2019-1-13_11-17-18.jpeg

Fair was indicted on four counts of first-degree murder. He's being held at the Lake County jail. His bail has been set at $5million, according to the Lake County News-Sun. Fair is scheduled to appear before a judge on Feb. 17.

Assistant State’s Attorney Steve Scheller said on Thursday that authorities plan to seek life in prison for Fair because of the alleged ‘heinous’ circumstances.

Scheller said that on the night of December 13, Fair was babysitting Skylar Mendez, the four-year-old daughter of his girlfriend.
upload_2019-1-13_11-16-17.jpeg

Man charged for 'fatally beating his girlfriend's daughter, 4, after she spilled juice on Xbox' | Daily Mail Online

Man beat 4-year-old girl to death for spilling juice on his Xbox, prosecutors say

Man accused of beating girlfriend’s daughter to death for spilling juice on Xbox

cybervampira said:
snipped by me...
Fair was indicted on four counts of first-degree murder. He's being held at the Lake County jail. His bail has been set at $5million, according to the Lake County News-Sun. Fair is scheduled to appear before a judge on Feb. 17

Just checked - that's a Sunday?? I wonder if they mean January 17th?? Since he just appeared, he would go another week til the next one I would think, no??

edited to fix quote - and just looked on Lake County court site - fee to look....

Just checked - that's a Sunday?? I wonder if they mean January 17th?? S
I checked if they misquoted the Chicago Tribune. They didn’t:

Waukegan man fatally beat 4-year-old who spilled juice on video console, prosecutors say
Johnathan Fair, 19, was indicted on four counts of first-degree murder by a Lake County Grand Jury Wednesday. He is in the custody of the Lake County jail with his bail set at $5 million, according to the Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office.

Fair is scheduled for arraignment Feb. 17 before Lake County Circuit Judge James Booras.

Just checked - that's a Sunday?? I wonder if they mean January 17th?? Since he just appeared, he would go another week til the next one I would think, no??

edited to fix quote - and just looked on Lake County court site - fee to look....
OK, the Chicago Tribune had it wrong:

https://circuitclerk.lakecountyil.g...common/courtCaseDetails.xhtml?caseDetailsId=0

Court Case Details
Case Number: 18CF00002835
Case Title: PEOPLE VS FAIR
Case Type: CRIMINAL FELONY
Case Status: ACTIVE
Filed Date: 2018-12-14

FUTURE COURT EVENTS
Event Date Event Time Courtroom Event Type

2019-01-17 13:30:00 T611 ARRAIGNMENT

Thursday, January 17th:
*Hearing (@ CT) – IL – Skylar Mendez (4) (Dec. 13, 2018, Waukegan; spilled juice on mom’s bf’s xbox) - *Jonathan Fair (19) arrested, charged & indicted (1/9/19) with 4 counts of 1st degree murder. $5M bond. DA will seek life sentence.

Can't read this article - no access...

https://www.tribpub.com/gdpr/chicagotribune.com/

all I can see is:

Waukegan man pleads not guilty to charges that he fatally beat 4-year-old over spilled juice
Chicago Tribune
... last week on four counts of first-degree murder in the death of Skylar Mendez, who authorities said was the daughter of the defendant's girlfriend.

If someone could give a 10% synopsis on this? And if there is a court date? TIA! :)

Can't read this article - no access...

https://www.tribpub.com/gdpr/chicagotribune.com/

all I can see is:

Waukegan man pleads not guilty to charges that he fatally beat 4-year-old over spilled juice
Chicago Tribune
... last week on four counts of first-degree murder in the death of Skylar Mendez, who authorities said was the daughter of the defendant's girlfriend.

If someone could give a 10% synopsis on this? And if there is a court date? TIA! :)
A man charged with the beating death of a 4-year-old Waukegan girl — allegedly after she spilled juice on a game console — pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges of first-degree murder.
Lake County Circuit Judge Christopher Stride accepted the not guilty plea and scheduled a pretrial status date for Fair on Feb. 11. His trial is currently scheduled for April 22.

Can't help but think that moms who leave their precious babies with the current bf need to face charges as well !!
The DM article said that some bruises on little Skylar were older, healing ones.
He'd (or mom) beaten her before.
And yet she thought it was o.k. to have him babysit.

My same thoughts LietKynes!
112x32px-LL-e8940098_grrr.gif

and
97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif
for the info on the article cybervampira!! Much appreciated! :)

Monday, February 11th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ CT) – IL – Skylar Mendez (4) (Dec. 13, 2018, Waukegan; spilled juice on mom’s bf’s xbox) - *Jonathan Fair (19) arrested, charged & indicted (1/9/19) with 4 counts of 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $5M bond. DA will seek life sentence.
1/17/19 Update: Plead not guilty. Next Pretrial hearing on 2/11. Trial is currently scheduled for 4/22/19.

Tuesday, April 2nd:
*Case Management Conference Hearing (@ 9am CT) – IL – Skylar Mendez (4) (Dec. 13, 2018, Waukegan; spilled juice on mom’s bf’s xbox) - *Jonathan Fair (19) arrested, charged & indicted (1/9/19) & arraigned (1/17/19) with 4 counts of 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $5M bond. DA will seek life sentence.
1/17/19 Update: Plead not guilty. Next Pretrial hearing on 2/11. Trial is currently scheduled for 4/22/19.
2/11/19 Update: Next Case Management Conference hearing on 4/2. Trial still scheduled for 4/22/19.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back