OH - Sheila Wallace, 58, fatally shot while walking dog in park, Cleveland, 17 Jan 2019 *arrest in 2023*

Indy Anna

Reaction score
Woman shot to death while walking dog in Cleveland’s McGowan Park, police say

’It’s horrible’: Community reeling after Cleveland Clinic worker gunned down while walking dog
ICHH3IDODBCURKGUPLY7X47XFQ.PNG

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - A collective sense of shock and alarm rippled through Northeast Ohio after Sheila Wallace, a Cleveland Clinic employee, was gunned down while walking her dog Thursday on the city’s West Side.

The Cleveland Police Homicide Unit and Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating the senseless killing, which unfolded near McGowan Park in the Bellaire-Puritas neighborhood.

Wallace was at the park with her dog when she was shot in the head, police said. No one witnessed the shooting, according to police.

’It’s horrible’: Community reeling after Cleveland Clinic worker gunned down while walking dog
ICHH3IDODBCURKGUPLY7X47XFQ.PNG

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - A collective sense of shock and alarm rippled through Northeast Ohio after Sheila Wallace, a Cleveland Clinic employee, was gunned down while walking her dog Thursday on the city’s West Side.

The Cleveland Police Homicide Unit and Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating the senseless killing, which unfolded near McGowan Park in the Bellaire-Puritas neighborhood.

Here, in Australia, in another case, I was stating I don't walk my dog in parks, lonely beaches etc after being on Websleuths.
Within a short time, there were murders of a female in a park, and another walking her dog on a lonely beach.
Now we have cases, of females murdered in the evening, in secluded areas.
It occurs everywhere.
I guess with media, we are now more aware, than previously.
MOO.

This park is a tiny area surrounded by houses.
View attachment 164857
It is tiny. Just a baseball diamond, essentially. Does she live in the area? Does she normally walk her dog there?
And at the same times? What type of weapon was used?

People can get real angry when dog owners don't pick up their dog's waste.
Surely she did as it's such a small park.
This may sound absurd but.....

Yes, she lived near the park. The park is near the corner of McGowan and Erwin.
Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 10.12.32 AM.png

Sheila Bear-Wallace
Her FB page shows her celebrating her granddaughter's 4th birthday just a few days ago.

Wow. She had lost 146 lbs..... and then was murdered by a monster.
Who would shoot a grandma walking her dog at 7 pm in a residential area? smh

Unless cameras captured the perp near the scene, I don't think they will be caught. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm afraid you're right.

The houses appear neat and tidy, but it's a low income neighborhood. I'm not sure how many residents could afford an inexpensive surveillance system. With all the violent crime in that neighborhood, you'd think the police would put up some security cameras at least near the park where kids play.

Are we not safe to go to a park without a body guard or a weapon?
Absolutely horrible.
Since she just had a huge weight loss, I wonder if walking was routine, for health reasons?
This sounds like a juvenile/young adult crime, imo.
Cleveland has great LE. Can’t wait for the disgusting perp to be arrested.
RIP Sheila.
Moo

Just checked the evening news. Nothing.
This is absolutely so wrong. What is more innocent than walking a dog in a local park.
Someone knows the shooter. Moo is the perp’ is local to the neighborhood or had a reason to be near the park.
Was there some nefarious activity going on & someone thought S was aware of it? Juvie/young adult with a new gun? Did the shooter get lucky hitting her in the head?
So horrific, it makes me ill.
Moo

Robbery??
I had been wondering if she maybe had a dispute with a neighbor or it was an attempted robbery. Doubt if she'd have any money on her if she was just out for a walk, and I wouldn't think a robber would approach someone with a dog.

She was shot in the head, so it was basically an execution. Something personal? Sounds like LE are looking for more than one suspect, though. Any gang activity in the area?

Woman shot and killed while walking her dog in Cleveland
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WCMH/WKYC) – A Cleveland woman was shot and killed while walking her dog Thursday evening. Now, police are trying to find those responsible.
BBM

Just checked the evening news. Nothing.
This is absolutely so wrong. What is more innocent than walking a dog in a local park.
Someone knows the shooter. Moo is the perp’ is local to the neighborhood or had a reason to be near the park.
Was there some nefarious activity going on & someone thought S was aware of it? Juvie/young adult with a new gun? Did the shooter get lucky hitting her in the head?
So horrific, it makes me ill.
Moo
Are we not safe to go to a park without a body guard or a weapon?
Absolutely horrible.
Since she just had a huge weight loss, I wonder if walking was routine, for health reasons?
This sounds like a juvenile/young adult crime, imo.
Cleveland has great LE. Can’t wait for the disgusting perp to be arrested.
RIP Sheila.
Moo

I agree. A juvenile. (whose brain is still forming). He'll be caught.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back