Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

What is terrible is that when people go missing in East Texas they are often not found. It is desolate and when it is in a desolate place, there are usually no witnesses and nobody to hear you.

Doris McIntosh--sweet elderly lady got stuck on an oil lease road. Still not found.
TX - TX - Doris McIntosh, 78, Carthage, 24 July 2009

Kimberly Flint (60 miles from Carthage) Missing since Sept 26, 2018
TX - TX - Kimberly Flint, 57, Reklaw, 26 Sept 2018

Jimmy Tidwell (30 miles from Carthage) missing since Feb 15 2012
TX - TX - James Jimmy Tidwell, 58, Mt. Enterprise, 15 Feb 2012

These are just a few, but similar scenarios. Vehicle is found abandoned, but the people are missing.
Maybe they are looking for a serial killer and don't even know it.

Well, I'm not sure what to make of what her friends shared. What did they mean by "she didn't plan her escape" or "come up with a plan"? Maybe someone picked her up, and she's off clearing her head, That's not exactly a great way to handle it, but better than the alternative I was thinking possibly occurred.

These comments seemed weird to me too. Almost like the have a habit of meeting people. For instance they say she didn’t tell anyone (the details or safety word?) and she also didn’t come up with a plan for if things went south. Maybe they have a process around tinder to keep the friends group aware of each other’s plans for safety? Odd.

Last edited:
She has three kids? The parents are busy managing her kids? So she had custody?

I’m glad this didn’t happen with the kids in the car with her, guessing they were in school or daycare since this happened on a Thursday around 2:24pm. What about coworkers?
She has kids from two marriages - she has a completed divorce with children out of Harris County and is still technically married to her most recent husband as the divorce with children was not completed. She also has a current ex-boyfriend that she was with three months prior to her filing for divorce.

These comments seemed weird to me too. Almost like the have a habit of meeting people. For instance they say she didn’t tell anyone (the details or safety word?) and she also didn’t come up with a plan for if things went south. Maybe they have a process around tinder to keep the friends group aware of each other’s plans for safety? Odd.
Well, if you read the article her friends are saying that Lauren had in the past also done what happened with this recent event - called the police saying someone was trying to get her - and it sounds like more than one prior similar event. I would like to know more about those prior incidents, and where they found her or who she was with for those prior incidents.

News story from tonight.
Clues sought in missing Panola county womans’ disappearance

“She indicated she wasn’t sure where she was, she wasn’t familiar with the area. Obviously in distress in the 911 call. She felt someone was following her. She had not observed anybody but she felt somebody was with her. She was scared,” says Panola County Sheriff Kevin Lake.

"We covered over a thousand acres on foot. 86-hundred acres by air search. We conducted that search for 6 days and found no clues. We used 4 or 5 K-9 teams. Texas parks and wildlife and their K-9 team,"Lake says.

“We have interviewed people she was with that day and got their story; matter of fact, interviewed them more than once. We’re looking to find a clue that may turn us in another direction,” the sheriff says.​

This news report is very similar to the one above. Both are by KLTV. The Longview and Tyler media have been great about covering this story. Many people in Panola County only get Shreveport news channels. I wonder if this is part of what could be causing some of the people in the area to not call in clues. Perhaps they haven't seen coverage. It is just so perplexing how she could disappear in 5 minutes without a trace. It really makes you think someone was nearby and picked her up. Just hoping she will be found safely.

WEBXTRA: Sheriff’s office continues to investigate disappearance of Panola County woman

Um, 2009, 2012, 2018, 2019...
Only two of those are from Panola County, but they are not that far away. There were some ladies in Panola County that disappeared and were never found back in the 1980's. That's why I said decades. When Doris disappeared, I really wondered about a serial killer because there were a few other women in the East Texas area that had gone missing within a year or two. One was from Marshall who was just walking up the street to home after work and never made it home. Marshall is only 30 miles away. In East Texas, where roads are often not lit, some do not have heavy traffic at night, and there are woods, rivers, and creeks nearby...you are really at risk if you have an accident or car trouble if an evil person is passing by and it is so much harder to solve a murder when the killers are random...like a serial killer. Henry Lee Lucas is a good example. He was simply an opportunistic serial killer finding people who were vulnerable.

I feel like she may have been in an emotional tizzy which it was reported she had experienced prior. Her terror was very real to her so either someone was chasing her and they got her or I think she ran and ran bc she was delusional. These stories creep me out. Like the chick that rang the doorbell in San Antonio wearing chains begging for help and then she vanished. Spooky.

I'm thinking someone picked her up. Does anyone feel this may be an intentional escape?
Hopefully, law enforcement pulls cell tower records to identify any phones in her vicinity at the same time. That might answer the first question. I say might because if she was experiencing a delusion she might have been actively evading law enforcement (despite having called them) during any initial search. But she would have to go somewhere and be with someone now and that person or persons would have to know there is a search for her. The alternative, if she isn't with anyone, or was actually being pursued, is pretty bleak.

We haven't been given any information about her current living situation or what was going on with her during the hours or even day before to give us any kind of direction. We don't know if she was living on her own or with someone, where her kids were, if she was working, if she had another boyfriend, if she stopped taking medication or had recently switched medications (if she was on any), if there was an issue with child custody involving any of the fathers, if she has shady people she was hanging out with or new friends. Nothing.

We also haven't been told what was found in her car. So we don't know if she had taken some of her possessions, bags of clothes, for example, or perhaps some keepsakes that indicate she was "escaping" to somewhere. We don't know if her phone was found or her purse. How much money she may have had on her. Nothing.

Hopefully, law enforcement pulls cell tower records to identify any phones in her vicinity at the same time. That might answer the first question. I say might because if she was experiencing a delusion she might have been actively evading law enforcement (despite having called them) during any initial search. But she would have to go somewhere and be with someone now and that person or persons would have to know there is a search for her. The alternative, if she isn't with anyone, or was actually being pursued, is pretty bleak.

We haven't been given any information about her current living situation or what was going on with her during the hours or even day before to give us any kind of direction. We don't know if she was living on her own or with someone, where her kids were, if she was working, if she had another boyfriend, if she stopped taking medication or had recently switched medications (if she was on any), if there was an issue with child custody involving any of the fathers, if she has shady people she was hanging out with or new friends. Nothing.

We also haven't been told what was found in her car. So we don't know if she had taken some of her possessions, bags of clothes, for example, or perhaps some keepsakes that indicate she was "escaping" to somewhere. We don't know if her phone was found or her purse. How much money she may have had on her. Nothing.

After searching and searching, they took out search warrants last week for cell phone records, social media, etc. Hopefully that will yield some information.

I feel like she may have been in an emotional tizzy which it was reported she had experienced prior. Her terror was very real to her so either someone was chasing her and they got her or I think she ran and ran bc she was delusional. These stories creep me out. Like the chick that rang the doorbell in San Antonio wearing chains begging for help and then she vanished. Spooky.

Hadn’t heard of that San Antonio one. Luckily she was identified and found safe. She was a victim of sexual assault (I believe by her boyfriend, and her boyfriend was found dead.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/28/us/texas-mystery-woman-trnd/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

I just had a conversation with someone close to the investigation. And what I heard was not even close to what's been said in the media. I can't divulge any more than just to say this may turn out to be quite different than heretofore speculated. I know that sounds ridiculously ambivalent but I can't betray sources. In my opinion she's probably dead.

I just had a conversation with someone close to the investigation. And what I heard was not even close to what's been said in the media. I can't divulge any more than just to say this may turn out to be quite different than heretofore speculated. I know that sounds ridiculously ambivalent but I can't betray sources. In my opinion she's probably dead.

Omg. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back