Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

Finishing a movie night at 8.30 is reasonably early, it’s possible Emily had other plans as well or instead head in the direction of shops while it was still early and her mother/co workers weren’t aware of her plans and something happened to her/her car on the way and the search hasn’t gotten to that spot yet. But if the town is indeed small it’s amazing how much time has passed without any clues. It reminds me of the Mollie Tibet’s case where she seemed to vanish without a trace and there was a lot of conflicting statements released.
Welcome to Websleuths, Lorelai23. :)

We know that Emily said she'd be home by 9 p.m. Based on her mother's statements, I think Emily would have let her mother know if her plans had changed. JMO

“No she’s never done anything like this before. That’s what scares me. She would not do this to her mother. I know she would not do it to me,” she added. “She knows how I worry. She would not do this to me. She would not do this to her daughter. No, nothing like this.”
Texas Mom Now Missing for More Than 10 Days, Family ‘Scared to Death’ They’ll Never See Her Alive

Last edited:
Only expressing my personal thoughts, but do live nearby and have for over 30 yrs. Also being in the food service industry for several years, I don't understand why both EW and the "Coworker" were not on shift. I always worked Saturday nights and never had them off. Reason being, that IS your money making night and you depend on the weekends for the volume of business and tips. I don't know what the coworker does, wait tables, bartend, bus tables or cook, but from the time EW was reported missing, this has never set right with me that these 2 were off together on one of the busiest nights of the week for the food service business.

As an area resident, I have much much more, but above was my first question.

The reward poster says she was meeting "friends", (more than one). No mention on the amount of the reward.
Yes. I noticed the same thing. I think we need a timeline and a good investigation team on it. Very frustrating not having any information, other than this and that, which isn't much and there has to be much more to this, but I think we need to know in order to find her and bring justice.

The fact that her mother quickly reported her missing to LE the next morning/afternoon suggests Emily is not one to just take off for the night, with or without someone else. Or her mother was worried about her mental state.

The only options that I can see are abduction, car crash, or suicide. I can't make myself sway one way or the other, other than I don't see crash much of a possibility since she wasn't planning to go anywhere.
I read through her posts on FB, she did not always respond to her mother’s comments. She has traveled extensively in the last few years to many states - so it’s unlikely she got lost. I would imagine she has very good skills in traveling.
If I had left just to get away for a few days and then discovered a nationwide Search was being conducted - I’m not sure what I would do. I might feel as if I couldn’t return at that point. I’m not condemning her - at all - if she did leave for a few days for some personal reason - just pointing out the problem with returning at this point.
And ... of course, there is part of me that would prefer to think Emily left on her own - than consider the alternatives at this point.
I just get a different feeling from Emily’s case as compared to Kelsey Berreth. Hopefully we will find both of them.

According to Cajun Coast Search & Rescue, they, along with volunteers, are conducting another search today. No location information provided.

That's wonderful news! This group traveled to North and South Carolina after 2 hurricanes last year and helped a lot of folks. Here's an article about them: Cajun Navy descends on Carolinas to rescue you (and your pets)

I hope they have a safe and productive day.

It's stated in the Today Show video posted above that they've searched all of the waterways in and around the area. I'm not sure that would include Old Lake, but it looks like it's just 12 minutes from Bardwell Lake, so maybe. I haven't checked the FB page - maybe it is mentioned there? Google Maps
MOO
It appears that Old Lake is not very deep, there is a tree growing in it. Only one way to drive a car in there as far as I can tell and that would leave tracks in the grass. Emily did take a picture of Old Lake and post on her FB - it has been described as quiet and peaceful. I believe it has been searched and it wouldn’t require divers to search it for a vehicle.
It makes no sense that Emily would destroy her mother’s only means of transportation IF she intended to commit suicide- which I personally don’t believe.
The car hasn’t been found has it?

Only expressing my personal thoughts, but do live nearby and have for over 30 yrs. Also being in the food service industry for several years, I don't understand why both EW and the "Coworker" were not on shift. I always worked Saturday nights and never had them off. Reason being, that IS your money making night and you depend on the weekends for the volume of business and tips. I don't know what the coworker does, wait tables, bartend, bus tables or cook, but from the time EW was reported missing, this has never set right with me that these 2 were off together on one of the busiest nights of the week for the food service business.

Welcome and Great point Texsun! I agree that would be unusual. The early dinner 5:30 and movie seemed strange to me... as well. It’s more indicative of an older couple date/meeting than those who meet up at this age. Imo.

Good point. I confess I never thought about that.

I read through her posts on FB, she did not always respond to her mother’s comments. She has traveled extensively in the last few years to many states - so it’s unlikely she got lost. I would imagine she has very good skills in traveling.
If I had left just to get away for a few days and then discovered a nationwide Search was being conducted - I’m not sure what I would do. I might feel as if I couldn’t return at that point. I’m not condemning her - at all - if she did leave for a few days for some personal reason - just pointing out the problem with returning at this point.
And ... of course, there is part of me that would prefer to think Emily left on her own - than consider the alternatives at this point.
I just get a different feeling from Emily’s case as compared to Kelsey Berreth. Hopefully we will find both of them.

Her home county (Harrison county, KY) is a rural area.
Two good roads, the rest are substandard, imo.
Maybe there’ll be some news today. A close KY relative has a lot of cars in his drive, imo. I passed by earlier.

Welcome and Great point Texsun! I agree that would be unusual. The early dinner 5:30 and movie seemed strange to me... as well. It’s more indicative of an older couple date/meeting than those who meet up at this age. Imo.

She had already worked that day and, according to a link Jersey Girl posted on Page 7, her mother said she was supposed to work next morning at 11.

Yes. I noticed the same thing. I think we need a timeline and a good investigation team on it. Very frustrating not having any information, other than this and that, which isn't much and there has to be much more to this, but I think we need to know in order to find her and bring justice.

I will be happy to contribute to the Reward Fund and already have donated to the search team and the family. The Reward may be the key for someone to talk

Thx Vaporlass. I just can't get my mind off it today. It's been two weeks and sadly I have heard no reports of any other law enforcement involved. Where is the Ellis County Sheriff's Dept. the Texas Rangers? and other surrounding law enforcement support? I would think they would also be out supporting/searching with trained dogs and I've not read or heard anything regarding. I just feel it may be time to look in another direction of a vehicle accident, no POI's, no Suspects, no Foul Play reports from local EPD.

Guess I am overly anxious, because it is so bitterly cold and the wind blowing 90 to nothing here today and she still has not been found. My prayers and sympathy go out to the her family and precious daughter, and the Cajun Search Team. I am praying for their safety and admire them very much for enduring and moving on each day. God Bless each of them of the ones locally who have given their hearts, time and money. They have given everything they have to find her and are still out there as stated.

She had already worked that day and, according to a link Jersey Girl posted on Page 7, her mother said she was supposed to work next morning at 11.

<modsnipped- psychic information is not allowed>I remember working both with a 2-3 hour break in between, but it would not fit this scenario and yes I also did read on the local news report that she did not show up for her 11:00 AM shift the following morning. Always the possibility that she may have only worked the day shifts and no nights. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since she recently moved back there, I wonder if she has a storage unit? The official page of Ennis PD has a story about a stolen trailer from a storage unit. The story is posted the same day she was last seen but doesn’t say what day the trailer was stolen. Just thinking out loud in case she stopped by a storage unit and ran into some other crime in progress. I realize this is far fetched. Just speculating... MOO
Ennis Police Department

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest