Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MsFacetious thank you for the updates, I am watching this on La Vanguardia on youtube, it is live isn´t it?

La Vanguardia

Yes as long as you are on a live feed and not an old video.
It will say LIVE in the title of the video. However, there also won't be a length of the video on it.
So the ones from hours ago that are 1:32 long, or 9:46 long are NOT live.
It will say live now.
When you open it the video will say live with a red dot next to the pause/play/volume. There will be no length on the video, since it's live.

I hope that made sense.

19:30
The Provincial Fire Brigade has designed an " elevator " to go down the vertical tunnel that has begun to drill this Saturday in Totalán (Málaga) in order to reach the small Julen, the youngest of two years that last Sunday it fell to a well of more than one hundred meters. This "elevator" is a capsule shaped like a cage that has been forged throughout this week by a blacksmith in Alhaurín de la Torre.

Rescate de Julen, el niño que cayó a un pozo, en directo: Los ingenieros comienzan la perforación del túnel y no llegarán hasta Julen en menos de 35 horas

# RescateJulen | The capsule made to rescue # Julen that has been manufactured in # AlhaurínElGrande reaches # Totalán

SUR en directo on Twitter

My thanks too, to all of you holding tight and seeing this through. Your optimism gives such beautiful and great hope!

Many of us sat on pins & needles together over the rescue of our Wild Boars. If I were stripped to my soul in front of a god, I'd say "this is where the best of humanity is found". And now we gather again. *HUGS* for all of you! Old & new. :)

Dearest SunVenus,

Thank you for expressing the deep and genuine gratitude we all feel about the great humanity found at the rescue sites and which also resides on Websleuths:

Your sentence, here, says everything:

"Many of us sat on pins & needles together over the rescue of our Wild Boars. If I were stripped to my soul in front of a god, I'd say "this is where the best of humanity is found". And now we gather again. *HUGS* for all of you! Old & new"

19:30
The Provincial Fire Brigade has designed an " elevator " to go down the vertical tunnel that has begun to drill this Saturday in Totalán (Málaga) in order to reach the small Julen, the youngest of two years that last Sunday it fell to a well of more than one hundred meters. This "elevator" is a capsule shaped like a cage that has been forged throughout this week by a blacksmith in Alhaurín de la Torre.

Rescate de Julen, el niño que cayó a un pozo, en directo: Los ingenieros comienzan la perforación del túnel y no llegarán hasta Julen en menos de 35 horas

# RescateJulen | The capsule made to rescue # Julen that has been manufactured in # AlhaurínElGrande reaches # Totalán

SUR en directo on Twitter

Oh wow! Didn't they use a capsule sort of thing when the 33 Chilean miners were rescued? That sounds good! Find our Julan, jet him to the surface! I think some of those mine disaster experts from Chile are there. They know their business!

15 meters in 6 hours.
Hopefully it goes faster as they get lower. Otherwise they are on pace for it to take 30 hours before they can even start going horizontal.

There's that bloody rock shelf that seems to be intruding into that dig area. But I hold high hopes that they know how to deal with that. All this world-wide expertise-- they must know what they are doing. Doesn't make sitting on the sidelines any easier. *Hugs*

Dearest SunVenus,

Thank you for expressing the deep and genuine gratitude we all feel about the great humanity found at the rescue sites and which also resides on Websleuths:

Your sentence, here, says everything:

"Many of us sat on pins & needles together over the rescue of our Wild Boars. If I were stripped to my soul in front of a god, I'd say "this is where the best of humanity is found". And now we gather again. *HUGS* for all of you! Old & new"

There is no other site on the internet like Websleuths, which provides such a respectful, safe and comfortable area where we can express our compassion, as well as insight, in the company of like-minded people.

I share with others, my deep gratitude for this site towards @Tricia, @Darling136 and all of the other wonderful moderators and tech staff here for accomplishing such an achievement as they have - with Websleuths.

You are all greatly appreciated !!

I would never have had the opportunity to "meet" such amazingly compassionate and kind people, like all of you on this thread, and others, over the past 5 years, if it wasn't for
Websleuths.

Last edited:
There's that bloody rock shelf that seems to be intruding into that dig area. But I hold high hopes that they know how to deal with that. All this world-wide expertise-- they must know what they are doing. Doesn't make sitting on the sidelines any easier. *Hugs*

Wanted to add: Yes, it was most of a month before they got the Chilean miners out. I get that we can't build a super-depth escape pod that quickly. Nor would it work in this situation. But at least Spain is calling in the best of the best. That gives me hope. And let's hope this time Eloon Musk stays shut up & incommunicado in his jerk pod. ;)

The family photograph that confirmed to the Civil Guard that Julen fell into the well

La fotografía familiar que confirmó a la Guardia Civil que Julen cayó al pozo

Julen, the boy who fell into the pit in Totalán: active and in love with his tricycle and the balloons

Julen, el niño que cayó al pozo en Totalán: activo y enamorado de su triciclo y los balones

Thank you for sharing that link to Julen's photo. I hope everyone on that dig site can see that-- that cute little man needs their help!

Have they been dropping food down to him?

I've no idea.

Don't think so. There is that newish plug of soil/rock debris on his last known position. We've also not heard of any anti-hypothermia measures being taken, nor supplemental oxygen being sent down (again, that plug) or any further camera views since the first exploratory views.

We'll know more once they float the horizontal passage, but for now, I think our little Julen is tired, hungry, hurt, dehydrated, and bewildered. (And it kills me to say this: hopefully alive. Please be alive.)

Have they been dropping food down to him?

Sadly they can't get through the blockage made up of soil and rocks underneath which Julen is thought to be in a 15m long empty section. Someone upthread theorized that forcing through this blockage would likely cause the whole lot to collapse on top of the boy. So they didn't try that.

People on Twitter have mentioned the ‘miracle babies’ that survived up to a week without food or water following the 1985 Mexico earthquake.

They were newborns, consisting of more fat and water than 2 year old Julen likely has. However, they are an example of why there is a spark of hope while faced with seemingly impossible odds of survival.

"We tend to underestimate the margin of safety Mother Nature provides in newborns," said Dr. Karl F. Schulze, a pediatrician at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. "Humans did evolve from the wild where conditions were not always favorable."

A baby will automatically drink water if it is nearby, said Schulze, who cited a textbook case of a child abandoned on a dump site in India who survived for weeks by drinking nutrient-rich runoff water.

In times of physical stress, a baby also slows down its metabolic rate, conserving energy and water by lying still and not moving. If something is covering a child's face or nose, it will wriggle itself free and into clear air, doctors say.

Dozen Newborns Lived Through Mexican Disaster : Body Fat Helped Babies Survive Quake

Police and private sector experts involved in the extraordinary operation are still clinging to the hope the youngster is surviving in an air pocket with water.

Julen’s devastated parents Jose Rosello and Vicky Garcia, 29, are now staying at a house lent to them by a Good Samaritan after being asked to leave the hillside where they spent most of the past five days for their own safety.

The property is near the town of Totalan and close to the scene of the ongoing operation a half-hour drive north east of the Costa del Sol capital of Malaga where the couple are from.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...lo-rescuers-dig-tunnel-250ft-well-malaga/amp/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77