Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

FYI, a Lexington, KY news station WKYT has an evening anchor that I am almost certain graduated with Emily.
Amber Philpit (anchor) usually has great coverage of her hometown news. Cynthiana is off the beaten path, it’s the kind of town an outsider has no reason to visit. There’s no upscale dining, shopping or other amenities to draw people. No interstate, either. Residents mainly go to Lexington or Georgetown for groceries & dining out.
When I first heard of Em’ missing, I wondered if she was headed back to KY. Jmo. Only because everyone knows her & its home.
This is Cynthiana’s claim to fame, if anyone’s interested:

Giant Walking Dead mural begins rising in Kentucky town

Last edited:
Evening all.. No news today then?
None that we can post about. Nothing confirmed from LE or family. Mainly searching info.

Her brother, on Bring Emily Home Facebook Page, posted specifics about searching tomorrow. They are definitely committed to finding her. It's touching to read about so many caring people contributing their time.

From what I gather the search will be here
Google Maps
Searching by the dam today, which I assume to be Bardwell Lake area, as indicated on your map. This was stated by admin of official Facebook page.

Gracie Smith

FYI. The comment about where the search is today is listed by GS under Emily's brother's post about searching tomorrow.

I'm surprised and happy with the search efforts. Somebody really loves this girl and if she's out there and can see any of this I hope she knows she's surely loved. Hoping for good news.

Our local KY news is on, praying they have at least a tidbit.

ETA: not a word, I’m shocked. Her extended family is huge. Moo

Last edited:
Have been trying to catch up here. From what I’ve read so far it sounds like there are no real clues as to where she is or what may have happened ? Do we know where and when her phone last pinged ? Much appreciated if anyone can fill me in. TIA

Posted by EW’s brother (MCW) today in Bring Emily Home. I’m not sure what the word ‘Evelyn’ was supposed to be.
They searched out by Bardwell Lake/Dam today but nothing was found. Search continues tomorrow.

We totally agree I know the officers have leads and they're looking around and doing their job. There's a lot of information that comes in and out that may be frivolous and not be nothing but there might be one bit information that amounts to something, thanks for what they do, and I think people should still keep sharing information on the social media. I don't want people to think they're scared to share something even though it might not be true or have any relevance to the case because it hurts the family we're getting through this together. I appreciate any forthcoming information regardless of its nature or not. I have not shared much from the information I'm getting through the police because I don't want to hinder their investigation. Privately is I found things out that are Evelyn (?) I've been putting it out there to my family but if anything solid I would definitely want to know and share it. With that being said the cops have a investigation going on and don't need to be flooded with phone calls and people asking questions if you have something solid share with them.”

Have been trying to catch up here. From what I’ve read so far it sounds like there are no real clues as to where she is or what may have happened ? Do we know where and when her phone last pinged ? Much appreciated if anyone can fill me in. TIA
Here is an article giving some info about her phone.

Texas Mom Now Missing for More Than 10 Days, Family ‘Scared to Death’ They’ll Never See Her Alive

"Wade's bank account nor phone have given any clues as to her whereabouts."

Early in the investigation, it was posted she uses her phone for texting only. Also the articles have claimed she turned her phone off when she left the co-worker's home.

Bit of mix messaging here, but hope this helps a little.

No catching up to do ... no new developments - only lots of rumor and speculations (vehicle/blanket/clothes found) which have been discounted as having ‘nothing’ to do with Emily.
No vehicle found. No information that LE or family are sharing, anyway. Searchers are still out there searching daily. I know more are coming tomorrow with horses - searching in very cold weather.

Bringing this post by @doodles1211 forward:

“A lot of people that have phones, but no cellular service, will use free wifi and download free text apps. Of course they can only text while in the wifi areas.”
TX - TX - Emily Wade, 38, missing after meeting with co-worker, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

Also, just for reference, here is the article that mentions that Emily uses her phone for texting only:
“Her family says Emily Wade’s bank account hasn’t been touched, that her cell phone, one she only uses for text messaging, hasn’t been used either. They are baffled. So are police and both are asking for the public’s help to bring Emily home.”
Police searching for missing Ennis mother

If it does turn out that Emily’s phone doesn’t have cellular service, wouldn’t it make it difficult (or likely impossible, IMO) to ping it, as the phone wouldn’t be connecting to towers?

They would be able to figure out fairly easily which WiFi network her phone was connected to at any certain point in time, however, IMO.
Wouldn't they still be "pingable", since you can use any phone (even without cell service) to call 911? I didn't think about that earlier. But, you would have to know the phones ID numbers that identify that particular phone... this is all just guessing and speculation.

Only expressing my personal thoughts, but do live nearby and have for over 30 yrs. Also being in the food service industry for several years, I don't understand why both EW and the "Coworker" were not on shift. I always worked Saturday nights and never had them off. Reason being, that IS your money making night and you depend on the weekends for the volume of business and tips. I don't know what the coworker does, wait tables, bartend, bus tables or cook, but from the time EW was reported missing, this has never set right with me that these 2 were off together on one of the busiest nights of the week for the food service business.

As an area resident, I have much much more, but above was my first question.

You could become a verified insider.

Posted by EW’s brother (MCW) today in Bring Emily Home. I’m not sure what the word ‘Evelyn’ was supposed to be.
They searched out by Bardwell Lake/Dam today but nothing was found. Search continues tomorrow.

We totally agree I know the officers have leads and they're looking around and doing their job. There's a lot of information that comes in and out that may be frivolous and not be nothing but there might be one bit information that amounts to something, thanks for what they do, and I think people should still keep sharing information on the social media. I don't want people to think they're scared to share something even though it might not be true or have any relevance to the case because it hurts the family we're getting through this together. I appreciate any forthcoming information regardless of its nature or not. I have not shared much from the information I'm getting through the police because I don't want to hinder their investigation. Privately is I found things out that are Evelyn (?) I've been putting it out there to my family but if anything solid I would definitely want to know and share it. With that being said the cops have a investigation going on and don't need to be flooded with phone calls and people asking questions if you have something solid share with them.”
Yes I saws this too. It contradicts the call from posters on the page to leave the family alone. He seems to want to know. And he seems (and pretty much says that they all are) realistic and ready for the possible outcomes.

Last edited:
Wouldn't they still be "pingable", since you can use any phone (even without cell service) to call 911? I didn't think about that earlier. But, you would have to know the phones ID numbers that identify that particular phone... this is all just guessing and speculation.
I believe you are correct. Jethro4WS posted the following in reply to my post, and it makes sense:

“The phone would always have access to the phone network in terms of "pinging". 911 requirements mandate this in phones and the carriers. And, of course, if dialed or texted 911 (if available in the area) those would go through along with location information just like any other phone.

Because the phone isn't authorized to make calls or send SMS texts (as opposed to texting via app over wifi) she couldn't do that but that doesn't mean that her phone would not ping a cell tower because it would. There should be records identifying her phone and denying authorization to access the cellular network and the location of the phone (approximately). At the same time law enforcement could request that a ping to her phone be done in an effort to locate it and that would also work. It just makes it harder to put together cell records.”
TX - TX - Emily Wade, 38, missing after meeting with co-worker, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

None that we can post about. Nothing confirmed from LE or family. Mainly searching info.

Her brother, on Bring Emily Home Facebook Page, posted specifics about searching tomorrow. They are definitely committed to finding her. It's touching to read about so many caring people contributing their time.

Thank you.. I don't have a Facebook account so can't really see anything on there...

I hope her family get some positive news soon xx

I have a question. Was the home she visited in town or out in a rural area? Tia
Unexplained. I've read different scenarios. One stated the last sighting was on Clay Street and another stated outside of town. Also there was info that claimed she went to one place first to change (co-worker's) and then traveled to the second place (male friend). It's confusing to say the least, to figure out any legit timeline in this. Hopefully LE has the facts and is close to finding her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back