Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm many pages behind. This happens when you need to go to work & have to log out of our WS community. ;)

This has probably been suggested already: since Jayme has loving family & an outpouring of gifts already, I stopped in the store for a few girly items including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hair accessories, you get the idea, and dropped 'em off at our local food pantry. Jayme herself will never know, but another young teen in need has a few things that she didn't before.

JMHO YMMV

Great idea! Send her a note that you did that

Yes, I did read that he burned her clothes and said something to her about destroying evidence. I think your right about the gloves too.
As far as who visited, all we have heard is that her father came over on Saturdays. Maybe he told her his dad was coming over while he was telling her not to move or bad things would happen.
That's the only way I can think of that she knew who it was that was visiting.
People have mentioned friends coming over but I don't know what the source is for that. I didn't see anything about any friends at all except in high school, and that guy said he never kept in touch after high school. Imo
Maybe he turned the music up so she would not know if visitors were around or not, then snuck out to do errands or whatever.

...a crime is not well planned--well thought out unless the whole plan is well thought out
so his plan on holding her was a failure = the crime is a failure
bold for emphasis
He stated to police that he never would have gotten caught if he had not made a mistake, which is probably true. He left no evidence at the scene. LE commented early on about how the perp was in and out fast, without a trace. That in itself is uncommon. There is usually something left behind. His one mistake was trusting Jayme. He had just about everything else covered, but he underestimated his victim. Imo

Is there a test for that?
Could it not be a self- reference for him regarding the family member who likely cannot work for all US employers?

Also, we know there is a diverse group working at Jenni-O. He might have known this too. Maybe he heard talk of places some employees couldn't work for because of visa- type restrictions?

I am being as vague and respectful while still being on topic as I can, because I think it's overkill to put on a resume' for a menial job he might stay at for 2 days.

The majority of sites that I have found that claim home invasions are on the rise are sites that are promoting or selling home security equipment. My state has actually seen a reduction in home invasions from 2017 to 2018.

Seems like this was discussed in the earlier threads with either same or similar link. This sums up the problem with "home invasion" statistics.
"Incidence[edit]
Few statistics are available on the crime of home invasion as such, because it is not defined as a crime in its own right in most jurisdictions.[17]Statistics about home invasion found on the Internet are often false or misleading.[18] Persons arrested for what the police or media may refer to as "home invasion" are actually charged with crimes such as robbery, kidnapping, homicide, rape, or assault."
Home invasion - Wikipedia
And this really explains it: If You See These Home Invasion Statistics, Don't Look. - Home Invasion News

This is just my opinion completely, but I can't think of a worse gift for a SA survivor than a gift card to an underwear store (that also happens to carry cute loungewear) from a stranger. That's what Pink advertises. Cute bras and panties with fun loungewear.

It's one thing to go buy clothes at pink with you mom or cousin or friends. It's a whole new level of creepy to get a gift card for someone you dont know that was victimized to buy new undies or pjs.

Please don't.

There is a difference between opening your door for your elderly neighbor and her dog in the middle of the day, opposed to a darkly dressed stranger in the middle of the night.

THIS!!
We all forget that JC didn’t open the door. Again some people suggest he did. He didn’t. I myself wouldn’t open the door at night either. I’d sneak out the back and sneak up on stranger probably. Scarey thought.
Somebody shooting him through the door is extremely rare. Prove me wrong.
JC didn’t do anything different than most people would. He was a victim, along with DC and Jayme of probably by far less chance than winning the lottery, maybe ten fold.
It was unequivocally awesome that the lady took her dog for a walk and wasn’t going to live sheltered in fear. It was great the neighbors opened their door, literally, to Jayme and the dog lady. ( don’t remember names). Yes it was day light.
But it is very scarey going to the your door now days. As a kid, living in town, I had friends banging on the door all the time.
Now living in a similar area such as the Closses, I do look out a distant window and have a back up plan.
Being woken out of a deep sleep or late at night is a entirely different animal.

Just saying, It worked out well that this family opened their door.

I have a feeling the Taurus questions will continue to be raised both here and elsewhere. In the meantime, I demand to know two things:

1) Where are the stairs in that freaking house?

2) What IS that goop on the patio door?

I will not rest until there’s an official statement about these things. :mad: :D

1. I don't think there are any stairs. If their were basement stairs Jayme and Denise could have run down them to hide in the basement or try to make a run for it out the back instead of hiding in the bathtub in a locked bathroom. As small of a house as that is I'm convinced there may not have been room for stairs. The basement is probably unfinished storage or a workshop area connected to the garage. This could also explain why James and Denise parked their cars outside the garage-- they may have had to enter the house from the front door or patio door if their were no stairs in the basement/garage. JMO.

2. I missed the goop discussion so I have no opinon on that.

We all forget that JC didn’t open the door. Again some people suggest he did. He didn’t. I myself wouldn’t open the door at night either. I’d sneak out the back and sneak up on stranger probably. Scarey thought.
JC didn’t do anything different than most people would. He was a victim, along with DC and Jayme of probably by far less chance than winning the lottery, maybe ten fold.
It was unequivocally awesome that the lady took her dog for a walk and wasn’t going to live sheltered in fear. It was great the neighbors opened their door, literally, to Jayme and the dog lady. ( don’t remember names). Yes it was day light.
But it is very scarey going to the your door now days. As a kid, living in town, I had friends banging on the door all the time.
Now living in a similar area such as the Closses, I do look out a distant window and have a back up plan.
Being woken out of a deep sleep or late at night is a entirely different animal.

Yeah, JC didn't answer the door, just went up to it and looked out. Even if he hadn't done that, if he'd just stood in the middle of his living room floor, he still could've been shot through one of the windows. JP basically could have come upon them at any time during the evening and shot through the glass.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion completely, but I can't think of a worse gift for a SA survivor than a gift card to an underwear store (that also happens to carry cute loungewear) from a stranger. That's what Pink advertises. Cute bras and panties with fun loungewear.

It's one thing to go buy clothes at pink with you mom or cousin or friends. It's a whole new level of creepy to get a gift card for someone you dont know that was victimized to buy new undies or pjs.

Please don't.

That was my core thought but I was afraid it might hurt a poster's feelings if they'd sent PINK gift cards.. I think you can redeem ALL their gift cards online now or through their catalogs, but still, it IS a brand which has the mall store displays full of barely there lingerie pieces and I'd hate for her to feel ( unnecessarily and untruly) that it was a reference to... well, the sexier type wear.
I think she needs all the support possible in every way.

Please don't.

If people are going to send gift cards then IMO, something like the local cinema or her favorite restaurant, or even Amazon where she could get whatever she wanted would be more appropriate. I guess I don't really understand the sentiment behind sending strangers, especially kids, random clothing. If she'd lost all her clothes due to a natural disaster or something and the family was trying to replace everything, that's one thing. Just just as a random gift? I honestly have trouble wrapping my head around that. I have kids and nephews/nieces and it's hard enough knowing what they like one day to the next as it is-and I know them.

"Pink" is sold instore. I have a few sweatshirts and a T shirt. Not great quality I might add for the price. Great for housework now or Glamping lol
I guess the stores around here only sell the lingerie. But yes, the quality is not great but I do see a lot of teenagers wear them. She, and her family, seem more on the conservative side in terms of taste in clothing.
And, like someone said, if people send her things she doesn't want she can always give them away. I suppose at one point the family will say thank you for all that has been given to her, no need to send more! Imo

1. I don't think there are any stairs. If their were basement stairs Jayme and Denise could have run down them to hide in the basement or try to make a run for it out the back instead of hiding in the bathtub in a locked bathroom. As small of a house as that is I'm convinced there may not have been room for stairs. The basement is probably unfinished storage or a workshop area connected to the garage. This could also explain why James and Denise parked their cars outside the garage-- they may have had to enter the house from the front door or patio door if their were no stairs in the basement/garage. JMO.

2. I missed the goop discussion so I have no opinon on that.
No stairs at all? Okay, now you're just playing with my head. :D

The second pic here:

Imgur

Ah. Just like old times. :)

DO NOT JUST RUN OUT THE BACK DOOR. There could be another perp hiding and waiting for you to do that.

I think in this day and age more of us should have cameras on our porches. They don't cost very much, and it would allow you to see who's out there without running up to the door with your PJ's on, and peeping out the window.

This situation really isn't all that rare. Stuff like this happens in inner cities quite a bit, and never even makes the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88