Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
see post # 458
No thank you. :)
t0152.gif

Last edited:
I really don't know how she, personally, feels about the place that was home for all her life, then was a place of such crime and destruction.
If it's Jayme's decision to make, then it's up to her and that's really all I know. I don't think she would choose burning it down vs. orderly demolition by a demolition crew, though.
JMO of course.

Demolition costs a fortune.

Why would she ever want to see the house of horror again?

But apparently he thought he was home free after two weeks. I think it’s a possibility he wasn’t stressed again until he found out Jayme was gone. He’s arrogant for sure.
he knows they are still looking/investigating
this has to put some stress on him

I hope it's acceptable to wonder WHY he didn't plan well for her presence in his house somewhere.
As I think back on the things a Sociopath will do, one is to mimic actions usually from a movie or TV.
Maybe today, a video game.

Perhaps he had seen movies which showed someone storming a door ( SWAT team, the Marines) whatever, and that was the primary part of his criminal mind set, not that it was the GOAL, because abducting Jayme was, but that he was able to " recreate" the fantasy of kicking and shooting a door in easily.

Since he'd never BEEN a caregiver to any person as far as we know, and because I do not think a Sociopath can even THINK in terms of " What will ANY OTHER person need?" or " What will I need to do for this, that and the other thing that may come up?" this may have been his " troublesome area".

He does not discuss or describe much except the haphazard moving of a child sized bed and putting things which were already IN the house around the floor space to keep Jayme in the confined space.

This is something I can see siblings doing as game play OR maybe in anger to actually pin the other one in at around age 8-10. The dumbells and weights being the difference of course, but the larger, heavier child could have used something the younger child couldn't move in the same manner of weights.

We have the info from both Jayme and JP that music was played in his room and Jayme seemed to indicate it was for hours a day. She THOUGHT he had company over every day, lots of people coming and going.
I don't think so. I don't think he's EVER had much but an apparently persistent family or family member coming and going as they pleased since he became the lone tenant.
He was trying to look like a busy man, an important man with MANY FRIENDS, when he'd never been that or had that.
Why would he do so? Probably the sense of " What the movies showed about 21 year olds having friends over every evening and all weekend, in and out, parties etc". He almost certainly did NOT ever have those networks and relationships.

I think he wanted to play some sort of game for hours every day, and DID have some type of Internet access and a device to play on. Maybe it's not been mentioned by him because it wasn't HIS. Also, he stole gas from neighbors. If neighbors who lived close to him had home networks set up with relatively poor security, he could have hacked into their systems and played his game and they would never have known in certain types of internet connections and user preferences.

The other part is the incongruity. " I shot him in the face and he fell". I turned slightly and fired at her, hitting her in the head" which is true, we have every reason to believe, to " I played video games on a stolen tablet while J.L.C.was stuck underneath my old childhood bed for hours every day".

I think he didn't want to change ANYTHING about the things he liked to do in life, whatever horrible things we may or may not find out, and he planned so poorly that he truly could not support the daily captive life like a " real" kidnapper in a movie would have..
He said he hit the wall and screamed to scare her a couple of times. That is AWFUL for her, but it's a stark contrast to the PLANNED violence of what he'd just done to her parents.

Some of his behavior seems mimicry from his viewed experience of previous male/female relationships... certainly going through motions..more than a sincere anger with a 13 yr old child... either he viewed this anger/discipline or it was done to him...

As for daily guest and playing music, i think it’s more likely at that point he’s upstairs looking at the case online .. doing the daily check for apb for Ford Taurus, or see if there’s a camera that caught him on way home ..

Also think he might sleep during day ... and play games while she sleeps at night...and also would make phone calls while music is up.. calling the temp agency about that liquor job... calling mom asking for $$$, can’t let jayme know your not really a decorated marine the CIA has on retainer just for top secret missions..

They also didn't single-handedly rescue themselves and bring down the bad guy. Don't underestimate the will and determination of this girl. :)
The thing is, it’s not like it’s up to her.

People undergo horiffic experiences and suffer from PTSD.

Because one person recovers and another doesnt, doesn’t mean that one is more determined than the other.

When it comes to this sort of thing, people can only control so much.

I’m optimistic because of the support she has, but there’s no guarantee here.

I am curious about his walking down the driveway and the dad shining the flashlight.

Wouldn’t his gun be visible?

And the face covering?

Not that I am criticizing James. No, a million times no.

He kind of thought the killer may be LE but not really.

I don’t think most people in their wildest dreams would imagine the monster from he**

I have absolutely no doubt that after James was shot, there was nothing that Denise could have done differently that would have spared her life.

If she and Jayme ran, Denise was dead.

If they hid in another location, Denise was dead.

This was simply too fast.
they couldn't run?

he knows they are still looking/investigating
this has to put some stress on him
In a normal person it would, but not necessarily for him.

For comparison, if you look at most serial killers, they do feel stress in the days and weeks following a murder.

This eventually fades, as they go through a “cooling off period.”

JP was willing to leave Jayme alone for hours at a time. I’m sure this wasn’t the case in the beginning, but eventually he felt more and more comfortable doing this.

So he would have felt stress, but it likely dissipated.

they couldn't run?
Yes, a terrified middle aged woman with a young child, could physically run.

He would have quickly caught up to them though.

They were not getting away. Not from a younger, stronger, faster, armed monster hell bent on achieving his mission.

In a normal person it would, but not necessarily for him.

For comparison, if you look at most serial killers, they do feel stress in the days and weeks following a murder.

This eventually fades, as they go through a “cooling off period.”

JP was willing to leave Jayme alone for hours at a time. I’m sure this wasn’t the case in the beginning, but eventually he felt more and more comfortable doing this.

So he would have felt stress, but it likely dissipated.
ayme said Patterson once got angry with her and hit her with a handle used to clean blinds. He said the punishment would be worse if she angered him again, according to the complaint. Patterson admitted threatening the girl and warning her not to leave the house. He said the girl had at least twice tried to get out from under the bed but that he struck a wall and screamed "to the point where he knew she was scared and she knew that she better never try that again."
sounds like he was worried she would escape
bold mine
Complaint reveals chilling details of Jayme Closs' abduction, captivity

The thing is, it’s not like it’s up to her.

People undergo horiffic experiences and suffer from PTSD.

Because one person recovers and another doesnt, doesn’t mean that one is more determined than the other.

When it comes to this sort of thing, people can only control so much.

I’m optimistic because of the support she has, but there’s no guarantee here.
Of course there's no guarantees. Just death and taxes, as they say.

Maybe it's what she's done already - fighting to survive. Or the fact that she can smile at all, much less in every single photo. Or, as you mentioned, the support network and resources at her disposal. I believe there's at least a few reasons to be optimistic.

That was a tiny house.

These people went from peacefully sleeping in their beds, to a nightmare straight out of a horror movie.

A man with a gun was chasing them, and I don’t care if they had cheetah speed and a previously planned escape route.

They were not running to a car, starting it, opening the garage, and speeding into the night.

We don’t even know if the layout of the house allowed for this in the first place.

That is beyond unrealistic.

Not to mention his car was likely blocking hers at the end of the driveway, preventing any chance they had to safely escape.

One report from a school “ friend” said he used to smoke MJ.

It is possible he was selling. Why not?

He was not living in a house he owned. It was his father’s house.

I imagine if he had a special dungeon, his father may wonder why a locked room.

The killer’s solution worked well.

He thought he had it sewed up.

He was glad to be out of school. He was in Quiz Bowl. I imagine he was very arrogant.

I picture him laughing inside when dad came over knowing he had a great big secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member