Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that following the divorce of JP's parents, he bounced around before living at the "cabin" in Gordon on a permanent basis. There have been conflicting reports but this article seems to be the most accurate to me.

How did Jake Patterson's life lead to Jayme Closs?
So what could possibly have transformed this lean, prematurely balding and reserved young man into the alleged perpetrator of a brutal crime that shocked a nation?

Whatever the answer, it lies along the stretch of Hwy. 53 that runs roughly 100 miles from Barron, Wis., to the shores of Lake Superior.

It’s here where the 21-year-old Patterson spent most of his days, living in a series of small towns dotting the highway before settling in at his father’s remote cabin 9 miles east of Gordon.

Frey and Jake’s father, PP, had a troubled marriage and divorced when Jake, the youngest of three children, was 11. Court records show that they filed for divorce in 2005, reconciled, then ended their marriage in 2008 after 19 years.

The divorce decree provided scant details other than outlining the financial arrangements and joint child custody. Both parents were required to take a class titled “Effects of Divorce on Children.”

Moyer said the divorce bothered Jake, “like it would any kid.” But he’s not sure of the lasting impact.

As Frey moved from one local town to another over the years, Jake began spending more time at his father’s home in Gordon, according to VF, whose son Dylan was a close friend of Jake’s through middle school and high school.

ETA: The only mention of foster care seems to be from a neighborhood woman, I think? I'm not really sure who she is.

Jake Patterson: Suspected killer, kidnapper's life remains a mystery
One woman, PO, described Patterson and his brother as getting into trouble.

“They’ve stolen stuff before. They’ve been in foster care,” she said. “And the dad I guess, I don’t know. I’ve met him and talked to him when I walked through the neighborhood, but that’s about all I know.”

THANK YOU !!!!:D

From what’s bizarrely been stated in multiple places... the parents got divorced on 2008, and they moved out, both Deborah and patruck moved out,, The boys stayed behind..... what .....wtf.

The youngest child is 11 and you both move out ... something isn’t being answered.

What was divorce about and who raised jake from 11 to 18....

Again, not blaming parents, but bailing on 11-15 yr old boys doesn’t sound legal : ethical or sane..

Pizza rolls for breakfast/ never clean room and do whatever...
Agree, if that scenario is accurate then as the youngest, JP suffered profound neglect...

1.-- if the road is not a busy one, they should've stopped him
2.-- aren't all 911 calls taken to be serious?
3.--911 call: = this usually means it's not a fire/not a car accident/etc...this means something more serious...someone is in trouble--they had enough manpower to stop the car and get to the house, yes?
again--critical:
cops/etc should be suspicious of everything

bold mine
Summit911 - 911 Guidelines - Proper 911 Call Etiquette
911 dispatch log from Jayme Closs case
They thought the call was in relation to something at that house. They had absolutely no idea that a kidnapping had occurred, and that the suspect had escaped with his victim.

You respond to the house, where the threat is. That’s protocol.

If you change your procedures in order to account for a spectacularly unusual event, you end up hurting yourself in the long run.

This is a small town, with a tiny police force.

It is typically a bad idea to divide resources like like that.

it was reported that the boys lived with PP, but that he was absent due to long work and commute hours.

The fact that he and the bro. were left alone with each other only at such young ages, the general condition of what's called " a cabin" in an isolated area, just so MANY things are off about the few facts we think we know about him and maybe WHY he and the bro. were left there.

I know of parents who live in fear that their quiet child will kill them when they sleep. We don't know what he did at home, but since most of us would not move away and leave an animal behind, there's something that started VERY EARLY that was/ is VERY WRONG in that house and in that family, IMO.
And did they take the sister with them? ( Not sleuthing her, wondering if they left her behind).

They thought the call was in relation to something at that house. They had absolutely no idea that a kidnapping had occurred, and that the suspect had escaped with his victim.

You respond to the house, where the threat is. That’s protocol.

If you change your procedures in order to account for a spectacularly unusual event, you end up hurting yourself in the long run.

This is a small town, with a tiny police force.

It is typically a bad idea to divide resources like like that.
roger that I agree
this is the only response I can give

I missed the reports about the mom's new marriage and house. are there links?
This could be a major trigger, esp if he was abandoned by her years ago.

Don’t know which web sluether said this feels like Norman bates x 10 probably has a point....

He goes to marines, and 4 weeks in his mom moves to new house and town..

4 weeks in he’s out of marines ?? Why... nobody knows... like most I looked up incongruity... no help.. just didn’t work out not a good fit...

Mom announces she’s getting married ... and taking Frey as last name...

Weeks later jake offs 2 people and kidnaps a child..

She drives a bus, it’s in the news, I’m sure they talked about it, or had to of. Maybe they didn’t ... you drive only one place on the planet consistently for human interaction and that’s your mother..

The house is almost exactly like it was in 2008 .....your driving a 2009 Ford Taurus ...
There’s 3 cars your mom and dad likely both drove that look like they haven’t been driven in a decade and would never be sold.....whole thing is bizarre....

I am not blaming parents... but if your looking for point the train started to go off track .. I guess it’s 2008.... Unless the unfound foster parents, or unfound marine buddies say differently.

Don’t know which web sluether said this feels like Norman bates x 10 probably has a point....

He goes to marines, and 4 weeks in his mom moves to new house and town..

4 weeks in he’s out of marines ?? Why... nobody knows... like most I looked up incongruity... no help.. just didn’t work out not a good fit...

Mom announces she’s getting married ... and taking Frey as last name...

Weeks later jake offs 2 people and kidnaps a child..

She drives a bus, it’s in the news, I’m sure they talked about it, or had to of. Maybe they didn’t ... you drive only one place on the planet consistently for human interaction and that’s your mother..

The house is almost exactly like it was in 2008 .....your driving a 2009 Ford Taurus ...
There’s 3 cars your mom and dad likely both drove that look like they haven’t been driven in a decade and would never be sold.....whole thing is bizarre....

I am not blaming parents... but if your looking for point the train started to go off track .. I guess it’s 2008.... Unless the unfound foster parents, or unfound marine buddies say differently.
Agree, and it crossed my mind that since his mom is a school bus driver, maybe JP chose to abduct a school bus rider as an ‘aggressively passive aggressive’ , indirect attack on his mom...

In the US, as far as I know, it's against the law to start that type of fire with gas lines around and so forth. We don't burn down structures as far as I know. We have them taken apart and the land is cleanly reclaimed and vacant.

It is a place where death and great harm was inflicted one night, but if we knew the histories and addresses of many homes, we might find out that they once had a violent event ending in murder as well. There are people who will purchase and live in a house where a violent crime occurred and they are aware that it happened. Some people have little to no awareness or personal perception of violence and horror... We are all different.

Time will tell and we may never know what happens to the house. It could stand empty and decay on its own. IDK the legalities, if any, regarding vacant property in that area.

No, that is absolutely not true. I lived in MN and two of my neighbors had the houses burned down on the property they bought.

A coworker had her house burned down as well. My neighbors were in the country. My coworker was in the city

I guess my main question about all that is where did the Patterson parents live after the divorce? I think dad kept the cabin relic, but where did mom go?

I know before Jayme was found, we kept trying to make sense of the crime scene. Now we have somewhat a handle on that (the complaint is much more thorough than I could have ever imagined, so most of us were left with our jaws hitting the floor), I do wonder about JP’s profile.
Scare information on the details from the divorce forward yet. It sounds like the mom moved around some after and recently remarried? IDK

Typical general info with a few quotes from the grandfather I think and some from a couple of school friends. Plenty to follow I'm sure. Nothing prepared us for this did it?

I don’t disagree but I’ve noticed that her smile now doesn’t quite reach her eyes in the same way it did before. But that she can smile at all is a miracle. IMO
I wouldn't put too much in to that smile. I have pictures of myself grinning like a loon at the most inappropriate times. It's a stress response. And, children are conditioned from babyhood on to "smile for the camera!"

Remember Bindi Irwin's seemingly unatural grin after her Dad died?

the critical question is:
is the road a busy one?
if not, definitely should've stopped him as it was ''near'' the crime area

It doesn't matter if the road is/was a busy one or not. LE was dispatched to a 911 hang up call, and that was what they were obligated to respond to. They had no idea at that time what had happened at the Closs residence. It's very easy and also very unfair to play Monday morning quarterback on these situations after knowing all of the facts. What if they HAD pulled the Taurus over en route to the 911 hang-up, and it had been an innocent citizen simply pulling over to allow LE to pass? But by delaying their response to the 911 hang-up, a domestic dispute situation at the originally dispatched call turned into a homicide? Your Monday morning quarterbacking wouldn't look so good, would it?

It doesn't matter if the road is/was a busy one or not. LE was dispatched to a 911 hang up call, and that was what they were obligated to respond to. They had no idea at that time what had happened at the Closs residence. It's very easy and also very unfair to play Monday morning quarterback on these situations after knowing all of the facts. What if they HAD pulled the Taurus over en route to the 911 hang-up, and it had been an innocent citizen simply pulling over to allow LE to pass? But by delaying their response to the 911 hang-up, a domestic dispute situation at the originally dispatched call turned into a homicide? Your Monday morning quarterbacking wouldn't look so good, would it?
generally speaking I would say that's what happened
but I have to agree with what everyone says generally speaking

the response to threat can be varied from freezing to fighting to acting in a very direct, deliberate manner taking actions you never thought about before. Sometimes another part of the primal brain takes over and takes control. being woken from sleep makes responding very challenging, depending on the phase of the sleep cycle you were woken from. every situation is different for every person. DC's mothering and protection instincts were in full force - hunker down, hide, block, protect.

I have been in a few situations like this, and I did not FREEZE. It helps to talk about it because if YOU are every in situations like this then you should know what probably wont work.

It had an empty plate holder, though, and so it appeared that something was missing. I don’t know about the other states that border WI, but Illinois also requires two plates.

Interesting answer to that question. Michigan does not require front plates. I wonder if this had anything to do with the call to Ontonagon County in the UP?

13573899-1426104484897.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member