Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
House search would take 20-30 seconds on
main floor. I know, I have a house similar in size.
I could literally walk in my front door, search every room, closets, under bed, etc and then go down the stairs and into garage be fore someone could get to my garage, hop in car (assuming keys were in it) and open the door.
One scenario would be to dash to car, keys are in it, throw the sucker in reverse and drive right through the garage door while trying to stay low in posture so perp doesn’t shoot me.

Sadly, there is nothing that could change the outcome unless James had a loaded gun in hand and waited for the psycho to enter the house and blast the ship out of him.

I always leave my keys in my car, but calling 911 if you see a person approaching your house in the middle of the night is a good idea.

There is a marked difference between surviving and recovering.
No expert here - I'm speculating this child has been so traumatized that her mind has partitioned a lot off, and that she is in deep denial as a survival mechanism. It's going to take time, alot of professional support, and hopefully support from other victims of violent crime. I think the nation is praying for this darling child. Perhaps all around the world.

I have wondered if she heard about her mistaken rescue earlier in the day that inspired her to run and get rescued for real.

That is a crazy article! The part where she could hear the news coverage about the search for her seem to contradict what was stated previously she has no idea anyone was looking for her- I’ll have to search for a link. Thanks for sharing.

the response to threat can be varied from freezing to fighting to acting in a very direct, deliberate manner taking actions you never thought about before. Sometimes another part of the primal brain takes over and takes control. being woken from sleep makes responding very challenging, depending on the phase of the sleep cycle you were woken from. every situation is different for every person. DC's mothering and protection instincts were in full force - hunker down, hide, block, protect.

I agree..

Respectfully, it's the only choice you have if you want to survive. Otherwise why bother with therapy?
You can survive without thriving. And I’ve had to deal with my childhood trauma in different ways over decades. Every time I think I’ve completely dealt with it, something else crops up. But they know way more about the biology of trauma now, so I am optimistic about Jayme’s future.

I missed the reports about the mom's new marriage and house. are there links?
This could be a major trigger, esp if he was abandoned by her years ago.
Scare information on the details from the divorce forward yet. It sounds like the mom moved around some after and recently remarried? IDK

Typical general info with a few quotes from the grandfather I think and some from a couple of school friends. Plenty to follow I'm sure. Nothing prepared us for this did it?
Article re: mother's new marriage and photos of their home.
Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online

They thought the call was in relation to something at that house. They had absolutely no idea that a kidnapping had occurred, and that the suspect had escaped with his victim.

You respond to the house, where the threat is. That’s protocol.

If you change your procedures in order to account for a spectacularly unusual event, you end up hurting yourself in the long run.

This is a small town, with a tiny police force.

It is typically a bad idea to divide resources like like that.
In fact they initially thought it was a suicide as assumed by the dispatcher, if I remember correctly. Not often do people flee from the scene after a suicide. Imo

I think any major change in life can result in the beginning of mental health symptoms. Graduating from high school, going off to college, etc. This is one reason why the Personality Disorders are not diagnosed until age 18. A child can show traits for years and the onset doesn't fully present until a major life change is made. Between that and his failure to make it to boot camp, this may have triggered the beginning of more severe symptoms. Imo
Hm. How about that picture of the high school kids and he is all alone in the back with his head in a book?

No, I do not think he was an average kid.

And I am thinking that the one grandfather is like the parents of Chris Watts.

They lost a grandson. Ok. Cry for us. Um, no

In the US, as far as I know, it's against the law to start that type of fire with gas lines around and so forth. We don't burn down structures as far as I know. We have them taken apart and the land is cleanly reclaimed and vacant.

It is a place where death and great harm was inflicted one night, but if we knew the histories and addresses of many homes, we might find out that they once had a violent event ending in murder as well. There are people who will purchase and live in a house where a violent crime occurred and they are aware that it happened. Some people have little to no awareness or personal perception of violence and horror... We are all different.

Time will tell and we may never know what happens to the house. It could stand empty and decay on its own. IDK the legalities, if any, regarding vacant property in that area.

Fire departments use controlled burns as training exercises all the time. Obviously, the gas to the property is shut off and hazardous materials are removed beforehand. Houses used in other crimes have been torn down and the media have reported it.

JMO

I think we all just wish there had been a way for JC's parents to survive and be here with her now.

I don't think the point is that it was hopeless and nothing could be done, but rather that some things are out of our control and no matter how prepared we are, sometimes the situation does not allow for the best outcome. It's not a matter of being pessimistic, it's about being realistic. Imo

That is a crazy article! The part where she could hear the news coverage about the search for her seem to contradict what was stated previously she has no idea anyone was looking for her- I’ll have to search for a link. Thanks for sharing.
I know it. I saw it a couple hours ago and seriously debated about posting it, lol.
HAHAHA! Sooo... RadarOnline reports that he religiously followed... RadarOnline!

* facepalm *
I provided grains of salt!!!
s0210.gif

OK, you guys.. I just got off work, and I'm trying to watch a television program. So I will make this last post..

MsBetsy, you are right, and I am wrong as usual.. I'm very sorry i suggested trying to run away in a situation like this, and i will never do it again.. Will you guys stop picking on me now?
It’s not that you suggested running away, it is the implication that Denise could have saved both Jayme and herself from this horror.

The idea that she made a mistake.

She is dead, and not only do I think it is wrong to articulate these sentiments here, I think it is wrong in general.

She was dead either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members