GUILTY MA - Rachel, 27, & Lillian Entwistle, 9 mos, murdered, 20 Jan 2006

he has filed an appeal

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworldnews%2Fnorthamerica%2Fusa%2F8608773%2FBritish-man-jailed-in-US-for-murder-of-wife-and-daughter-launches-appeal.html&ei=L7INTtLCF8Gv8gPopIjSDg&usg=AFQjCNHcwz-Y8Tnwoay9Jq-Dp3PAXpHoSw

most English papers have articles in them of his appeal, is it being picked up in the US

I always expected him to ask to be repatriated to an English jail once he has accepted that any or all appeals will be fruitless as even if an appeal was granted he would be convicted again, the suicide theory just does not fit the evidence,

maybe it will take many more years before he accepts that he will die in prison, as he can only be repatriated once all his appelate issues are dealt with, and he cannot appeal any further once repatriated, and he will have to still seve LWOP even if he came home,

All through the trial I admired his parents for there stoicism and for being there for there son, after the verdicts I had less admiration but much more sympathy, they just can't accept that he did it, it must be so hard to even contemplate that he committed such horrendous crimes,

I lived literally 4 miles from where this happened. If you could see the sleepy community and the ones surrounding it this murder just literally shocked everyone. Murders in these communities happen maybe once every 30 years. This is truly the burbs....... I still own a home there although I don't live in MA any longer. I followed this trial and there was no evidence that anyone other than Neil was involved. There was some really good State Police work done.

Neil planned and executed this murder and I don't see anyone in Massachusetts letting him get off on appeal.

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/news/our_son_is_innocent_entwistles_1_3555436

Friday 8 July 2011

‘Our son is innocent’ – Entwistles

Can't snip without losing context. His parents have issued a public statement.

They keep repeating that their son is innocent, as if saying it enough will make some people believe it. They seem to imply that the American justice system is backward, and that their "innocent" son Neil would have been found not guilty if tried in England.

One thing I noticed in this new statement by the parents is that they don't dare to accuse Rachel of murdering Lily and then committing suicide.

Could they have been threatened with a lawsuit by Rachel's relatives if they made such defamatory statements again, especially after their son had been found guilty?

At the end of the statement they seem to threaten to have something to say again about the justice system in the US:

We have been waiting and waiting for this appeal, because alongside this appeal we will be speaking out.”

Or will they again try to make outrageous statements about a dead mother, Rachel, who is not here to defend herself against this unusual family? The apple does not fall far from the tree.

I feel sorry for Rachel's mother and step father and hope they can handle these unusual people with all the grace and dignity they can muster.

They remind me of the Coleman family. The evidence in this case was open and shut, iirc. I can't see an appeal working. But, you gotta try, right?

Man who killed wife, baby loses appeal in Mass.

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?id=19044453&ps=1011&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

BOSTON (AP) — The highest court in Massachusetts rejected the appeal of a British man convicted of killing his wife and baby daughter in their rented home, saying in its decision released Tuesday that warrantless searches of the home were justified because those inside might have been in danger.

In arguing for a new trial, lawyers for Neil Entwistle said evidence obtained during the warrantless searches of the Hopkinton home while police were looking for the missing family should have been dismissed at trial. They also argued that media coverage made it impossible to get an impartial jury.

The court rejected the arguments, concluding that Entwistle "received a fair trial that was ably tried and judged."............

Prosecutors were pleased the Supreme Judicial Court affirmed Entwistle's conviction and found grounds of his appeal baseless, Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone said in a statement Tuesday.

"Neil Entwistle will continue to spend the rest of his life behind bars for the unimaginable, unforgiveable acts he committed against Rachel and baby Lillian," the statement also read in part.

More at link.....

Father of a British man convicted of killing his American wife and their baby daughter claims son's wife turned the gun on herself after shooting their baby

Briton Neil Entwistle shot his wife Rachel and baby Lillian dead in Boston

In 2008 he was sentenced to life in prison for the 2006 double murder

But now on 10th anniversary, his father Cliff maintains his son is innocent

Mr Entwistle claims his daughter-in-law was suffering from postnatal depression and believes she killed the baby before turning gun on herself

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...family-claims-son-innocent.html#ixzz3xwBV7LHC

The Jury got this case SO RIGHT! The bodies were so well covered that the police missed them while conducting the first "well person" check walk thru of the home! I agree with ZsaZsa....wonder how she managed to return the gun to her parents' home AND re-position the baby exactly on her body to duplicate the abdominal shooting! This killer was the epitome of DUMB CRIMINAL...and a waste of O2 that continues to exist, tagged & identified as a "celebrity/high-risk" inmate! SMH!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back