Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

Being local to Em’s hometown, I worry she’s a bit naive.
Cynthiana folk park in a city lot, leave car windows down & shop the local vendors on Main Street. They truly don’t think about crime. I live the next county over, a dif’ larger town. I worked in Cynthiana 25 yrs., it was like entering a dif’ world. Very S L O W paced. Probably the friendliest, most down to earth place I’ve experienced.
Some of the elderly have rarely ever left the county.

Unexplained. I've read different scenarios. One stated the last sighting was on Clay Street and another stated outside of town. Also there was info that claimed she went to one place first to change (co-worker's) and then traveled to the second place (male friend). It's confusing to say the least, to figure out any legit timeline in this. Hopefully LE has the facts and is close to finding her.
Thank you for that. I've been following since the beginning and really don't know much of anything other than I've hardly ever seen a search with such momentum!

Being local to Em’s hometown, I worry she’s a bit naive.
Cynthiana folk park in a city lot, leave car windows down & shop the local vendors on Main Street. They truly don’t think about crime. I live the next county over, a dif’ larger town. I worked in Cynthiana 25 yrs., it was like entering a dif’ world. Very S L O W paced. Probably the friendliest, most down to earth place I’ve experienced.
Some of the elderly have rarely ever left the county.
Emily has also lived in Ennis before though, right? That would make her familiar with logistics and need for (or lack of need for) security of being in this area. Plus driving her mom's car, she may not have a vehicle of her own, so I'd think she'd take extra care of the car. IMO

Your point is well taken, though.

OT You have truly made me want to visit this bucolic town.

Last edited:
Emily has also lived in Ennis before though, right? That would make her familiar with logistics and need for )or lack of need for) security of being in this area. Plus driving her mom's car, she may not have a vehicle of her own, so I'd think she'd take extra care of the car. IMO

Your point is well taken, though.

OT You have truly made me want to visit this bucolic town.

Yes! She’s traveled a bit.
....you should. It’s very different.

Well then, seems again we have little to no info. Could it be that LE has shut down in reaction to all the Social Media BS ? Oh well, if so , who could blame them. Jmo
I don't find too much BS on (at least) the official Facebook page, run by her sister-in-law and coordinated with a couple other admins and family, her brother mainly. They keep it honest and are open to most comments.

There are so many groups of people (so it seems) helping with the searching that often people witness things or find things that possibly could be related. IMO their questions are not meant to derail any investigation, and do not state that there is a definite connection.

Obviously, there are a few who run with these posts and in presuming them to be linked to the case, ask rather personal questions. Curiosity gets to the best of us, even here on WS.

Not sure about other supposed SMS groups or platforms. I haven't seen any reporting through Twitter, as in other cases. And LE has been mysteriously silent - not even any PC's.

Ennis Police Department

LE version is Emily was last seen by FAMILY at 5:00 pm on Saturday (January 5). Contradicts MSM reports of being seen last by a male co-worker or male witness.

Possible she did go home to change from her work clothes before going out. She did change into an outfit (peach sweater, blue jeans and peach tennis shoes) as last seen wearing describes. She changed clothes somewhere. Did she take these clothes with her to work?

Ennis does have some nice residential areas, The main drag is not all that, but for the most part, you do and should always watch yourself. There are seedy areas, liquor stores, bars and seedy people. There are truck stops, drugs, murders and crime. Below are a couple of the latest. Sadly, being south of Dallas, crime and undesirables have all moved to the area progressively throughout the years.

Deputies make arrest in Friday night murder behind liquor store in Ennis

37-year-old Lancaster man sentenced to 20 years for meth possession, spitting on a deputy

Ennis Police Department

LE version is Emily was last seen by FAMILY at 5:00 pm on Saturday (January 5). Contradicts MSM reports of being seen last by a male co-worker or male witness.

Possible she did go home to change from her work clothes before going out. She did change into an outfit (peach sweater, blue jeans and peach tennis shoes) as last seen wearing describes. She changed clothes somewhere. Did she take these clothes with her to work?

The EPD stated that Emily was last seen by family at 5 pm on their FB page on January 10, but the following day this was reported by FOX4 News:

Wade has been missing since she left a friend’s home around 8:30 p.m. last Saturday. Her mother said she went to watch a movie with a co-worker from Chili’s, one of few friends she had since moving to Ennis last month.

Wade was last seen driving away in a silver 2012 Nissan Altima with Kentucky plates 411PAZ. That vehicle is also missing.

I'm still confused by who exactly it was who saw Emily driving away in her car - her mom or the co-worker?

The EPD stated that Emily was last seen by family at 5 pm on their FB page on January 10, but the following day this was reported by FOX4 News:

Wade has been missing since she left a friend’s home around 8:30 p.m. last Saturday. Her mother said she went to watch a movie with a co-worker from Chili’s, one of few friends she had since moving to Ennis last month.

Wade was last seen driving away in a silver 2012 Nissan Altima with Kentucky plates 411PAZ. That vehicle is also missing.

I'm still confused by who exactly it was who saw Emily driving away in her car - her mom or the co-worker?
Yes it's puzzling and I think some inaccurate reporting going on too! They mention a coworker and they mention a friend. Are those two one and the same?
I also notice the fellow leading the charge with the dogs has the same last name as Emily. Wade. Are they related?

Some other articles say the co-worker saw her leave. Here’s one that says friend saw her leave- 'I just want her to come home': Ennis family worried about missing 38-year-old mother | Missing Person | Dallas News

ETA: But to Cardinal47’s point, I’m unclear if the friend and co-worker are the same person.

Last edited:
I don't find too much BS on (at least) the official Facebook page, run by her sister-in-law and coordinated with a couple other admins and family, her brother mainly. They keep it honest and are open to most comments.

There are so many groups of people (so it seems) helping with the searching that often people witness things or find things that possibly could be related. IMO their questions are not meant to derail any investigation, and do not state that there is a definite connection.

Obviously, there are a few who run with these posts and in presuming them to be linked to the case, ask rather personal questions. Curiosity gets to the best of us, even here on WS.

Not sure about other supposed SMS groups or platforms. I haven't seen any reporting through Twitter, as in other cases. And LE has been mysteriously silent - not even any PC's.

Yes it's puzzling and I think some inaccurate reporting going on too! They mention a coworker and they mention a friend. Are those two one and the same?
I also notice the fellow leading the charge with the dogs has the same last name as Emily. Wade. Are they related?
Supposedly yes. From reading on Facebook. He’s part of a team from Louisiana.

There are many asking for more clarity from the family and admins on Facebook as well. We’re not the only confused ones.

I agree. But I tend to take the official statement by LE as correct, are so than all the variations from MSM. Hopefully that's an accurate way of thinking.

So then...that means family (her mom?) last saw her and, to repeat, this was likely when she came home to change. That makes the most sense anyway, that she would come home and change/freshen up before going out again. IMO

Of course, if she did make it to the friend's house for the movie and pizza, then that person would have been the last. Sigh...

There are many asking for more clarity from the family and admins on Facebook as well. We’re not the only confused ones.

I agree on the confused part 100%. I live in the area and still have no good information.

I'm not even confident the photos posted are current or from a few years ago. I wish it could be confirmed how she actually looked right before she disappeared and a good clear car report with color, model and body damage.
From reports we do have, Emily fits a great deal of women in the area and so doesn't the silver Altima she was driving. Many of both in the Ennis area and surrounding counties close by.

If we are to help in searching, donating or keeping out a good watch in the area, more confirmed information is a big deal and maybe a huge help knowing about what she did the previous days and nights before she disappeared, Was she drinking at the coworkers? who are her friends? and who she either had a relationship with or not would be of great help. No information.

I know what has been reported from the child's father and the situation of the relationship according to both, Mother and Emily's moves back and forth to Ennis from Kentucky, that were told by himself , her mother and the local news. I'm not judging or saying anything for or against. I believe Emily knew her way pretty well around Ennis and knew people. I no longer believe she just got lost or drove off some unknown road by mistake or has been in some unknown hidden car accident that no one can find in the area.

I agree with zecats and texsun posts directly above. I just re-watched the video on Ennis PD page and they’re specific about the fact that Emily was last seen by her mother at 5pm.
Ennis Police Department

To texsun’s point, I’m also no longer leaning in the direction of an accident. I think LE believe foul play was involved. I think if they thought she had an accident, they would be more specific about location details.

In the past, a person went missing from my neighborhood. I became friends with the missing person’s sister. The official information on last know where abouts was not even close to where LE knew she was last seen. Turned out to be foul play. The official information coming from LE on that case was vague on purpose. They didn’t really want help from the public. They already had a suspect even though they weren’t calling this person a suspect and even said the person was cooperating.

Again MOO!

Last edited:
I agree on the confused part 100%. I live in the area and still have no good information.

I'm not even confident the photos posted are current or from a few years ago. I wish it could be confirmed how she actually looked right before she disappeared and a good clear car report with color, model and body damage.
From reports we do have, Emily fits a great deal of women in the area and so doesn't the silver Altima she was driving. Many of both in the Ennis area and surrounding counties close by.

If we are to help in searching, donating or keeping out a good watch in the area, more confirmed information is a big deal and maybe a huge help knowing about what she did the previous days and nights before she disappeared, Was she drinking at the coworkers? who are her friends? and who she either had a relationship with or not would be of great help. No information.

I know what has been reported from the child's father and the situation of the relationship according to both, Mother and Emily's moves back and forth to Ennis from Kentucky, that were told by himself , her mother and the local news. I'm not judging or saying anything for or against. I believe Emily knew her way pretty well around Ennis and knew people. I no longer believe she just got lost or drove off some unknown road by mistake or has been in some unknown hidden car accident that no one can find in the area.
RBBM. I am with you on these points. And probably a car accident in "flat" Texas would have been discovered if off the roadway somewhere.

They seem to be concentrating on Lake Bardwell area though, so it's still possible for her to have run off the bridge or road into the reservoir. IMO.

The tricky question is why would she have been in the opposite direction from her home, heading away from the area. I too wondered if she had been drinking (no shame/no blame) and that would have led to some confusion and disorientation. Again JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back