Movie “Searching”

margarita25

Reaction score
Thought you guys may like this as it’s right up our alleys :) I haven’t seen it yet. It seems to have gotten some awards/acclamations:

Searching (2018)

Searching (III) (2018)
PG-13 | 102 min | Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Searching (2018) Poster
After his 16-year-old daughter goes missing, a desperate father breaks into her laptop to look for clues to find her

(I wasn’t sure where to post this, in hindsight maybe I should have just posted in “Crime Shows to Watch Today?” If so, sorry mods, please relocate, flagging for review.)

Last edited:
I saw this before the holidays and loved it - though I expected a different ending. I thought it did a very clever job of showing how anyone searching for someone or investigating a diappearance can use the internet and social media (and also how important those trails are, however much we think our privacy should be tantamount).

Thought you guys may like this as it’s right up our alleys :) I haven’t seen it yet. It seems to have gotten some awards/acclamations:

Searching (2018)

Searching (III) (2018)
PG-13 | 102 min | Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Searching (2018) Poster
After his 16-year-old daughter goes missing, a desperate father breaks into her laptop to look for clues to find her

(I wasn’t sure where to post this, in hindsight maybe I should have just posted in “Crime Shows to Watch Today?” If so, sorry mods, please relocate, flagging for review.)
Thanks for posting, this movie looks interesting and definitely right up our alley!

I have watched 36 minutes of this movie and I have to say absolutely brilliant so far.

ETA/ when I said this seemed up right our alleys, I didn’t know it was going to this much up our alleys!

The movie seems to take place all through different computer screens and SM platforms—-the father was just on NamUs!

I watched this last night, at first it took me a bit to get used to what i was seeing, but i thought it was pretty cool, It was a bit of a slow burn to start with but it had enough to keep me intrigued

I was able to get it on On Demand through my cable provider.

Also, I imagine it’s on Red Box by now...

Last edited:
I saw this before the holidays and loved it - though I expected a different ending. I thought it did a very clever job of showing how anyone searching for someone or investigating a diappearance can use the internet and social media (and also how important those trails are, however much we think our privacy should be tantamount).

This will be interesting to watch. I have some personal experience following social media trails. A number of years ago there was a thread here on WS for a teen from my town who disappeared after attending a party among questionable people. Long story short, at her Dad’s request, a group of about 12 WSers watched her friend’s FB pages, checked out “modeling” websites, and followed all leads we could find down a lot of far-flung rabbit holes. We shared our info in a secret FB group so her Dad and Stepmom could participate. After about three months she reached out to her Dad (who was afraid she was dead) and it turned out she had run away from her Mom and stepdad. Happy ending! Even though our efforts didn’t solve the case, we learned a lot, formed a bond and it was a memorable time.

This will be interesting to watch. I have some personal experience following social media trails. A number of years ago there was a thread here on WS for a teen from my town who disappeared after attending a party among questionable people. Long story short, at her Dad’s request, a group of about 12 WSers watched her friend’s FB pages, checked out “modeling” websites, and followed all leads we could find down a lot of far-flung rabbit holes. We shared our info in a secret FB group so her Dad and Stepmom could participate. After about three months she reached out to her Dad (who was afraid she was dead) and it turned out she had run away from her Mom and stepdad. Happy ending! Even though our efforts didn’t solve the case, we learned a lot, formed a bond and it was a memorable time.

You will especially appreciate this movie I think then, Lilibet!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back