Talya Torres, 18, Atlanta,GA,college student's remains found in burning car, 9 January 2019

There likely are "knock-offs" of these expensive footwear sold at some stores.

I'm not sure if these identical ones are available in a cheaper model - just thinking out loud.

Hoping and praying that the police identify and find this monster soon.

I had to type the word "monster" because "person" doesn't seem to fit this scenario.
There's are many shoe stores in that area like Payless and DSW, I will look for knock-offs

I’d like to know how many tips LE has received. I hope a bunch!
Surely no one is protecting the beast. He needs to get to the Big House, asap, maybe someone can show him what “bad” is.
I have faith GBI will assist. They can’t be beat, imo.

That badge on his pants. There are 15 tact gear places in the area. The kind of store where you might be able to buy pants with a badge holder loop. I hope that they checked all the gas stations for anyone who purchased accelerant. Then check their cameras too. I would also take dogs to those remote areas that are so close to the scene. This poor mom.

There likely are "knock-offs" of these expensive footwear sold at some stores.

I'm not sure if these identical ones are available in a cheaper model - just thinking out loud.

Hoping and praying that the police identify and find this monster soon.

I had to type the word "monster" because "person" doesn't seem to fit this scenario.

Or stolen, imo.
There’s no update on this story, yet.
This person needs to be caught. He’s a menace to young women in the area. I’m afraid he’s going to kill again.

That badge on his pants. There are 15 tact gear places in the area. The kind of store where you might be able to buy pants with a badge holder loop. I hope that they checked all the gas stations for anyone who purchased accelerant. Then check their cameras too. I would also take dogs to those remote areas that are so close to the scene. This poor mom.

Also, think of the thrift/second hand shops in the Atlanta area.
I am truly afraid if they don’t get this guy NOW, he will find a new victim.

ETA: wonder if this was his first crime? Pretty elaborate for a novice, imo

Last edited:
Mother: I need answers after my daughter's body was found burned in her car
“She was an amazing girl, loved by so many,” says Haynes.
Tayla Torres' mom needs answers"

Tayla Torres (photo supplied by her mother Pearlie Haynes

"Torres graduated from Villa Rica High School with honors in May 2018. She was taking steps towards her future as student Aviation School of Maintenance in Duluth.

Haynes is unsure why her daughter or her car was in East Point that morning.

“Tayla never, never went on that side of town,” she explained."
"The scene of the car fire and where the debit card was used are about five miles apart. Police in East Point are asking anyone with information about the crimes - or how they might be connected, to call them at 404-559-6200."

Mother: I need answers after my daughter's body was found burned in her car
“She was an amazing girl, loved by so many,” says Haynes.
Tayla Torres' mom needs answers"

Tayla Torres (photo supplied by her mother Pearlie Haynes

"Torres graduated from Villa Rica High School with honors in May 2018. She was taking steps towards her future as student Aviation School of Maintenance in Duluth.

Haynes is unsure why her daughter or her car was in East Point that morning.

“Tayla never, never went on that side of town,” she explained."
"The scene of the car fire and where the debit card was used are about five miles apart. Police in East Point are asking anyone with information about the crimes - or how they might be connected, to call them at 404-559-6200."

Do you think she knew the Perp? My first thought (being familiar with the area) was also wth was she doing there!

So tragic. Such an intelligent young woman wishing to be an aviation mechanic, it sounds like.

Wow they look like Georgia Tech University shoes with the emblem on them in that last pic. There are only 5 stores in Atlanta that sells them or online purchase. For some reason I am picturing more than one perpetrator...I hope they catch him!

Does anyone think they might be the JP shoes? These yellow jacket slippers are not in the online store at Georgia Tech. Not even sure if these are those shoes but Georgia Tech is a straight shot up from East Point. Georgia Tech looks like a huge school, lots of great research going on there. I looked up their Clery ACT Reporting. Kudos to them, they report everything, everything. Burglary, Larceny, Prowling...

View attachment 164934 Alexander McQueen has a gold dragonfly black velvet slipper. Do you think it matches the shoes in first photo of POI facing camera.
Bingo, correct!
18-Year-Old Woman Found Dead In Burning Car
"Tayla Torres’ mother, Pearlie Haynes, told Channel 2 Action News she’s livid with whoever killed her only daughter.

“I hope your momma tell on you because if you were gone, your momma would be feeling the same pain I’m feeling now,” Haynes said. “I want you to see my face. I want you to know how much I loved my daughter.”

East Point police told Channel 2 the one who tried to use Torres’ debit card was caught on surveillance camera at the bank. Police have released a photo of the “distinctive shoes” he was wearing."

shoes-worn-by-thief-wsb-tv-2.jpg

Bingo, correct!
18-Year-Old Woman Found Dead In Burning Car
"Tayla Torres’ mother, Pearlie Haynes, told Channel 2 Action News she’s livid with whoever killed her only daughter.

“I hope your momma tell on you because if you were gone, your momma would be feeling the same pain I’m feeling now,” Haynes said. “I want you to see my face. I want you to know how much I loved my daughter.”

East Point police told Channel 2 the one who tried to use Torres’ debit card was caught on surveillance camera at the bank. Police have released a photo of the “distinctive shoes” he was wearing."

shoes-worn-by-thief-wsb-tv-2.jpg
These slippers are so expensive. Retail for $1325.00, lowest price I can find $860.00. I am still not sure it's a match.

These slippers are so expensive. Retail for $1325.00, lowest price I can find $860.00. I am still not sure it's a match.
I think it was the police that said they were a match. They probably have the equipment to know for sure. It could be a knock off brand, though. IMO

My heart breaks for this mom and daughter. How can this be his first brush with the law? I'm surprised no one has recognized him by the close up pic at the ATM. And does he live near Camp Creek Rd? Would he be dumb enough to use the ATM by where he lives?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back