UT - Man facing terrorism charge after mass shooting threat targeting females, Provo, Jan 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Provo man facing terrorism charge after making mass shooting threat targeting females

A Provo man is a facing felony threat of terrorism charge after he posted a mass shooting threat, targeting females, to Facebook

According to a probable cause statement,27-year-old Provo resident Christopher Cleary posted the following threat on Facebook:

"All I wanted was a girlfriend, not 1000 not a bunch of hoes not money none of that. All I wanted was to be loved, yet no one cares about me I'm 27 years old and I've never had a girlfriend before and I'm still a virgin, this is why I'm planning on shooting up a public place soon and being the next mass shooter cause I'm ready to die and all the girls the turned me down is going to make it right by killing as many girls as I see. There's nothing more dangerous than man ready to die".
On Saturday, Provo dispatchers were alerted to the Cleary's Facebook post by an officer from Colorado.

Provo police tracked Cleary's IP address which led them to the area of 1042 S. 1000 E. in Provo.

At first, police were unable to find Cleary.

Provo police were then contacted by FBI agents out of Colorado, and working together, they were able to locate Cleary at the McDonald's at 1225 S. University Ave. in Provo by tracking his phone.

upload_2019-1-21_0-45-18.png

Police: 27-year-old arrested in Provo after threatening to kill women because he’s a virgin

Denver man on probation arrested in Utah after threatening mass shooting to kill girls

A Denver man who was on probation in Jefferson County for stalking and threatening women was arrested in Utah after writing on Facebook that he wanted to kill as many girls as he could because he’s a virgin and hasn't dated.

Police: Man threatened to shoot girls because he's a virgin

Thanks. I did Google it, and I don't know that "evil" was the right word, but certainly IMHO, ODD. Where do people come up with these things?
They have always been there, but now we can put a label on them and their behaviour. I think most of us have known a self-proclaimed "nice guy", who turns 180 degrees nasty after he's been rejected.

Last edited:
Am I wrong, though, that they are 'labeling' themselves and playing victim?
No, you are correct. The term "incel" itself comes from involuntary celibate. As the Denver man posted by OP, it's not his fault girls will not sleep with him; it's the girls' fault. The guy -incel- is only a poor victim pushed to the edge -according to himself, that is.

The Wikipedia article is also on point:
Incels (a portmanteau of involuntary celibates) are members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom. Self-identified incels are largely white and are almost exclusively male heterosexuals.

No, you are correct. The term "incel" itself comes from involuntary celibate. As the Denver man posted by OP, it's not his fault girls will not sleep with him; it's the girls' fault. The guy -incel- is only a poor victim pushed to the edge -according to himself, that is.

The Wikipedia article is also on point:
Oh My Oye Ve

Virgin, 27, threatened to carry out mass shooting to kill as 'many girls as I see' | Daily Mail Online

A 27-year-old virgin who was planning a mass shooting on a women's march in Utah on Sunday because he had been rejected by women so many times had his plan foiled after posting about it on Facebook.

Christopher Cleary was arrested at a McDonald's in Provo, Utah, after someone reported his worrying post to police.
upload_2019-1-22_18-55-41.jpeg
He was in the fast food restaurant reviewing a meal for his YouTube channel.

It read: 'All I wanted was a girlfriend, not 1000 not a bunch of h**s not money none of that.

'All I wanted was to be loved, yet no one cares about me.

8840252-6619349-image-a-34_1548174925946.jpg

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-c...-rejections-threatened-kill/story?id=60532843

Police arrested a Colorado man over the weekend who allegedly threatened to kill "as many girls as I see" in a mass shooting.

Christopher Cleary, 27, allegedly told police that he planned targeting women in a public shooting because he's a virgin who has been rejected too many times, according to the Provo Police Department.

Police located Cleary in Provo, Utah, on Saturday and questioned him in connection with various threats made online, including one in which he allegedly said he was "planning on shooting up a public place soon," according to a probable cause statement.

"All I wanted was to be loved, yet no one cares about me," he wrote in a Facebook post, according to police. "I'm 27 years old and I've never had a girlfriend before and I'm still a virgin, this is why I'm planning on shooting up a public place soon and being the next mass shooter."

"I'm ready to die and all the girls the turned me down is going to make it right by killing as many girls as I see," he added, according to police.

Are we allowed to use the word "Incel" in this discussion.

Also IMO the title should state the motive... Man felt entitled to sex from women so he decided to shoot them after they wouldnt.

What is the world coming to that this is looked at as a normalized mindset or thinking. As if its just an unpopular belief. No its a radical harmful mindset that NEEDS to be shamed and eradicated.

Ok.
Let's give the Incel discussion a chance as it applies to this case o ly please..

Thank you

There is a fast growing movement and group of people who self identify as this.

Eliot Rodger, Alek Minassian were ones as well.

"I laugh at the death of normies": How incels are celebrating the Toronto mass killing

“Incels,” or “involuntary celibates,” are part of the online male supremacist ecosystem. The Southern Poverty Law Center added male supremacy to the ideologies tracked on the hate map this year, because of the way these groups consistently denigrate and dehumanize women, often including advocating physical and sexual violence against them. On the internet, the male supremacist ideology takes a few different forms. One of the newest forms is “incel.”

Incels grew out of the pick-up artist movement, which purports to offer men strategies to persuade, pressure, cajole or trick women into sleeping with them. When those strategies (or “game”) unsurprisingly proved unsuccessful for many men, they became deeply bitter. To an incel, sex is a basic human right for all men. So the women who deny them that right are committing a heinous — and punishable — crime.

Elliot Rodger provides the most chilling example of the most violent ends of this nihilistic, spiteful and self-centered ideology. He killed six people and injured 14 others in a mass shooting in California in 2014. He wrote a manifesto blaming women for his loneliness and the fact that he was still a virgin. “I'm the perfect guy and yet you throw yourselves at these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman,” he wrote.

Southern Poverty Law Center lists them as a hate group.
SPLC confirms their existence.

Male Supremacy
Male supremacy misrepresents all women as genetically inferior, manipulative and stupid and reduces them to their reproductive or sexual function — with sex being something that they owe men and that can or even should be coerced out of them. Driven by a biological analysis of women as fundamentally inferior to men, male supremacists malign women specifically for their gender. A thinly veiled desire for the domination of women and a conviction that the current system oppresses men in favor of women are the unifying tenets of the male supremacist worldview.

Into The Valley of Virgin Violence: The Incel Effect

A specific brand of brutal bloodshed against women, blacks, gays, and Jews is being visited upon the land, with an alt-right flavor that seems hard to ignore. Well-known within a vast online community of isolated, mostly male individuals, a common denominator of hate ties the killers together. But for most people in our culture, this activity is flying under the radar.

Lengthy and interesting look, timeline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back