NV - 4 Murders in one week, LE asking for tips, Washoe & Douglas Counties, Jan 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmm, reading lots of mixed comments . . .people aren't convinced they have the right guy or saying he must have had help. Will be interesting to see more info as it comes out. I sure hope they have the right guy--everyone was so scared and on edge, including myself.

Man, 19, detained on immigration concerns wanted in 4 Nevada murders

WilburErnestiMartinezGuzman.jpg

"... Wilbur Ernesti Martinez-Guzman, 19, was arrested Saturday afternoon by deputies from the Carson County Sheriff's Office, Washoe County Sheriff Darin Balaam told a news conference Sunday.

..Balaam told The Associated Press on Friday that all four killings were similar in the use of a firearm and the removal of objects from the victims' homes. ..."

more at link

Charged with 4 felony murder counts

Plus numerous stolen property charges

I am sure it's such a huge relief for everyone he has been arrested. Imo if he had not been more innocent people would have been killed by him.

I never pay much mind when LE says certain cases arent because the suspect didnt invade the home in order to burglarize.

Later in several home invasions it does becomes known that possessions had been stolen even if it was the victims cash and credit cards. Yet I have heard other LE deny it before an arrest.

I suppose LE has their reasons for saying something in the media they know isnt true.

It happens quite often. Most LE will immediately say the victims were targeted even before they have a clue who the suspects even are. Then it turns out to be the opposite so many times when they do actually know who the suspect is revealing they had randomly been targeted by someone they didnt know after all.

So misleading statements given by LE is rather common place unfortunately.

I am so happy to see this very dangerous man is off the streets and cant harm anyone else.

I am very sad to know he senselessly murdered 4 good people.

Imo

What's the connection between the Ranchos and Reno?

Why choose The Ranchos?

Why choose south Reno

He lived in Carson City. What was he doing 20+ miles away in different directions?

Why did he have to murder people to steal stuff?

Why choose The Ranchos?

Why choose south Reno

He lived in Carson City. What was he doing 20+ miles away in different directions?

Good morning Herat!

I wish we knew the answer to your last question.

I was just mentioning yesterday on Jayme Closs' forum deadly home invasions seem to be on the rise. No longer do many wait to burglarize an unoccupied home quickly getting in and out before anyone comes home.

Many are now targeting homes they know are occupied even with multiple people inside.

When they do invade occupied dwellings the results are devastating for all of the victims inside.

Some of the most ruthless overkills murders have been done by stranger intruders. There seems to be no limit to their depravity.

Many victims had been tortured..raped and severely beaten before they were killed by the intruder or intruders.

IDK the answer but I have come to the determination after following so many deadly home invasion cases they do what they do because they want to and know they can with the helpless victims unable to stop them.

It is happening in almost every state now.

You can do a quick Google search of 'deadly home invasion' and it will throw up multiple links from local news sites depending on the state it is happening in.

Many of these cases never made national news even though victims were killed in them as well or were gravely injured leaving some of the victims with life altering injuries.

A little over a year ago it happened in my own state. An 83 year old very frail petite woman's home was invaded.

She had no money to give them. So they beat her almost to death crushing bones but that wasn't enough for them. Then they set her on fire while she was alive. She died a couple of days later from her severe injuries and 3rd degree burns when they had doused gasoline on her head.

Did they have to do all of these sadistic cruel things to their helpless elderly victim? Of course not. They did it because they wanted to and that is the most chilling aspects of many deadly home invasions.

Jmo

Last edited:

Why choose The Ranchos?

Why choose south Reno

Wondering if he worked for them at some point. Those areas aren't hard to get to and many people travel that far for work regularly so wouldn't be unheard of.

It's not a foolproof method but whenever we hire people, my husband insists they are licensed and insured, but not everyone does that because you can get cheaper labor. Not saying any of these victims did that but it's one way to explain a connection, kwim?

That being said even one company we used, after the fact I inadvertently came across some not so great info and discovered the owner had quite a criminal record and made me nervous--they had never been inside the house but still you never know. I'm hoping he changed his ways but I don't know.

Then again it could be totally random . . like that creep from Jayme Closss--he claims he just happened to see her on the bus and had to have her. Who knows how these guys think? They are not normal, obviously :(

What are the penalties for an illegal immigrant who is convicted of 4 felony murders and additional robbery charges?

Is he just deported back to Guatemala?
I would hope he'd get life w/o parole, at the very least. I don't think a criminal illegal would be deported after convicted of such a terrible, capital crime.

Interesting...

Keeping him on an immigration hold allows LE to keep him off the streets while the details of the murders and apparent robberies can be finalized. Good for the safety and mental security of the Northern Nevada population! Smart move by LE.

I believe he has a court appearance on Jan 24 in Carson City

Imo as it should.

All Angel families and their murdered love ones should always be given recognition they deserve and a voice.

I have seen many Angel families speak out and their tremendous pain and loss is heartbreaking but it seems some of the media never wants to hear all of their stories.

I've never understood why that is and why they aren't interviewed by ALL of the national media. They are more than willing to speak out to everyone who will listen.

I find that extremely sad since no one can express the neverending pain they have gone through more than them.

To know the pain and suffering these Angel families go through tragically one has to live it.

Not only were their loved ones murdered... many were murdered in cold blood. These Angel families are also victimized themselves because they have been sentenced to a lifetime of pain, and suffering that will never end until they die.

Jmo

Imo as it should.

All Angel families and their murdered love ones should always be given recognition they deserve and a voice.

I have seen many Angel families speak out and their tremendous pain and loss is heartbreaking but it seems some of the media never wants to hear all of their stories.

I find that extremely sad since no one can express the neverending pain they have gone through more than them.

To know the pain and suffering these Angel families go through tragically one has to live it.

Not only were their loved ones murdered... many were murdered in cold blood. These Angel families are also victimized themselves because they have been sentenced to a lifetime of pain, and suffering that will never end until they die.

Jmo

I agree 100% and I don't want this to turn into politics but some will only see it that way. I just wish the motivation here was for the families and not political and we all know that is not true in this case, unfortunately.

If it were a homegrown murderer, it wouldn't get any recognition at all by national media or Trump because it doesn't suit their agenda. And, the families by others ALL have the same tremendous pain and suffering and deserve a voice as well so it's just sad if you ask me.

Yes, on court appearance Jan 24
Martinez-Guzman Could Face Murder Charges This Week

The suspect accused of killing four people in two northern Nevada counties is scheduled to make his first court appearance, Thursday at 1:30 PM in Carson City. Wilbur Martinez-Guzman's arraignment is for six counts including burglary, possession of stolen property and obtaining money by false pretenses. Douglas County District Attorney Mark Jackson says his office will file its criminal complaint this week, charging the suspect with murder.

More snips:
The murder charges against Martinez-Guzman could include enhancements, since a deadly weapon was used in the crimes and because three of the four victims were older than 60. Each enhancement adds one to 20 additional years in prison per charge. First degree murder convictions in Nevada can result in life in prison with or without parole, 50 years in prison with parole after 20 years, or the death penalty. According to the Nevada legislature, the average death penalty trial costs $532,000 more than other murder trials.

I agree 100% and I don't want this to turn into politics but some will only see it that way. I just wish the motivation here was for the families and not political and we all know that is not true in this case, unfortunately.

If it were a homegrown murderer, it wouldn't get any recognition at all by national media or Trump because it doesn't suit their agenda. And, the families by others ALL have the same tremendous pain and suffering and deserve a voice as well so it's just sad if you ask me.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean?

The media (all national media) is constantly covering tragic cases committed by homegrown murderers.

We see those kind of cases constantly in the news along with many interviews of the victim's loved ones.

This isnt about being political one way or the other. Its just the way it is and the majority of cases that continuously makes the national news are those done by homegrown murderers leaving the false impression that only those homegrown do things like what happened to these poor innocent victims.

It is what it is unfortunately when all families of loved ones who were murdered in cold blood should be treated equally by the media especially when the families are very open to be interviewed no matter which media outlet it is.

These two cases in Texas should be very high profile cases on every major news site. It would be too if the killer had been homegrown.

It involves deadly home invasions that left two totally innocent couples murdered in cold blood through no fault of their own.

Yet it isn't and that is very tragic but if the suspect had been homegrown it would be just like it always is with all the media outlets covering it night and day like usual.

Jmo

Last edited:
What we know about Wilbur Martinez-Guzman, held in connection with four Nevada homicides

What we know about Martinez-Guzman:
  • He will turn 20 next week, according to Carson City Sheriff Ken Furlong.
  • He has family in the area. Soon after his arrest in a parking lot at the Carson Mall, other locations in Carson were searched including a residence on Woodside Drive.
  • He was being held in the Carson City Detention Facility on a suicide watch but now is a step down from that, according to Furlong. He is under constant surveillance.
  • He has met with a behavioral psychologist since being arrested.
  • He was not known by law enforcement prior to this investigation, but in early 2018 was pulled over for a minor traffic violation.
  • He is cooperating with police.
  • When he was first considered a suspect, police contacted immigration services and were told he may be in the country illegally.
  • Police said they believe he has been in the area for about a year, but have not released more information on where he may have lived previously or where he may have been born.

Stick to discussing the cases that are the topic of this thread.

Political discussion is against Websleluths TOS and off topic as it is not known to be a motivation or precursor in any of these cases the thread is dedicated to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael C Vang
Back