TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. In some cases, a parents kills the children and themselves because they want to "punish" the other parent. I do not believe either scenario is what happened in this case. I do think it is possible alcohol or drugs were a factor and the Sheriff is awaiting the results of tox screens.

JMO

The ME tox results should be available soon, I’d think.
Maybe she didn’t wish to punish the other parent but I think it’s possible she didn’t want anyone else to have the kids or didn’t want the girls to suffer, by seeing/finding her dead. She may have reached a breaking point where she felt burdened by the kids. Just because her friends say things, doesn’t make it true, imo. Clearly, she was able to “fool” them.
Ita about the potential for alcohol/drugs.
Moo

Loading Results...

I'm not sure where NO being married at 15 originally started, but I've seen it said everywhere, not just here.

If you look at her marriage license (link above) it is dated March 1998, expiring in April 1998. She would have been 16, one month shy of turning 17 in May 1998, when she got married.

Thank you for clarifying this. I also wanted to add that according to online public records her son was born in 8/96 which means NO was 14 when she was pregnant. She had to grow up real fast.

Thank you for clarifying this. I also wanted to add that according to online public records her son was born in 8/96 which means NO was 14 when she was pregnant. She had to grow up real fast.

Perhaps some editing has taken place. Early on, it was widely reported she married at 15. Maybe at the beginning of this thread some links are available. Not that it makes any dif’, in the end. Jmo. Moo

The ME ruled her to be a murderer of two, imo. Sounds to me like she’s the perp.
I’m struggling with the fund raising for an investigation.
Sheriff stated he is conducting an investigation. He can’t take money.
Obviously the fundraising money isn’t for the sheriff. I live here in SA. There is a significant amount of distrust in the BCSO for sure. I don’t know that the distrust extends quite as far into the SAPD, but they don’t have jurisdiction in this case. I can say for certain I wouldn’t want the BCSO investigating any crime related to me or my family or friends.

I imagine these funds will be used to conduct a second autopsy with someone outside of local authorities. I imagine there are multiple reasons for family and friends wanting this done. I don’t see the harm in it. It’ll either confirm the ME’s findings, or it won’t. But it’ll give the family an objective outsider professional opinion on whether or not this woman killed herself. I also imagine they’ve hired their own PI to investigate. I don’t blame them for that either.

Obviously the fundraising money isn’t for the sheriff. I live here in SA. There is a significant amount of distrust in the BCSO for sure. I don’t know that the distrust extends quite as far into the SAPD, but they don’t have jurisdiction in this case. I can say for certain I wouldn’t want the BCSO investigating any crime related to me or my family or friends.

I imagine these funds will be used to conduct a second autopsy with someone outside of local authorities. I imagine there are multiple reasons for family and friends wanting this done. I don’t see the harm in it. It’ll either confirm the ME’s findings, or it won’t. But it’ll give the family an objective outsider professional opinion on whether or not this woman killed herself. I also imagine they’ve hired their own PI to investigate. I don’t blame them for that either.

It's the ME who determined suicide/homicide. I believe the same ME is used by both LE agencies.

I don't have any problem in the fund-raising as long as it legitimately goes to things such as another autopsy and does not just go into somebody's pocket because they decided to exploit this tragedy for their own profit.

JMO

I was doing some digging on this watch/bracelet business that NO was affiliated with and discovered that she along with 2 other women established an LLC called KVN enterprises. The LLC was established in 2016 but its current business transaction status is "forfeited." I can't provide the exact link but you can find details at Taxable Entity Search by looking up KVN Enterprises LLC and clicking on "public information report."

For those who think that this is a case of M - S, can you please explain how Nichol could have done it if she did not have any weapons training or expertise? Do we know if she had ever fired a gun before, gone target shooting, etc?

For those who think that this is a case of M - S, can you please explain how Nichol could have done it if she did not have any weapons training or expertise? Do we know if she had ever fired a gun before, gone target shooting, etc?
Umm.... You point the gun and pull the trigger. Shooting a gun is not rocket science. People with little to no experience with weapons do it every day, unfortunately.

Umm.... You point the gun and pull the trigger. Shooting a gun is not rocket science. People with little to no experience with weapons do it every day, unfortunately.

I've never handled a gun before. I know I couldn't pick one up and kill 2 people with 3 shots, and then figure out how to shoot myself in the head. Impossible.

Purely out of curiosity, I found her vagaro page, where she books appts etc
And it looks like she works Tues-Fri and charges about $60 for a haircut, there’s other services you can look at. Not trying to prove or disprove anything with this. Just more info.
Nichol Olsen In San Antonio TX | Vagaro
Looks like her work schedule was 11am to 5pm, Tuesday-Friday. That’s 6 hours a day,
only 24 hours per week. Plus booth/salon rental and supplies. Don’t see her pulling in the big bucks with those hours and prices.

I've never handled a gun before. I know I couldn't pick one up and kill 2 people with 3 shots, and then figure out how to shoot myself in the head. Impossible.

Do you know she’s never handled a gun before? I don’t think it’s unlikely for her to have been shooting before since it’s texas. JMO

Hitting your target may be easier than you think. While accurate head shots can be harder due to being a small area, we don't know how close the range was, do we?
As far as hitting oneself, that should be relatively easy to accomplish, imo.

What's so impossible? It's pretty clear where the bullets come out, and there's nothing complex about moving a trigger a fraction of an inch.

Consider this, take out it being NO who is suspected of murdering her kids and replace her with 'Katie'.

Katie gets pregnant at 14 / 15 (could have been consensual, could have not, we don't know), decides to have the baby and gets married. The marriage doesn't last long. Around this time her mother dies, father has already died and Katie is looking after her younger brother. Katie meets a new man and gets married and has another child (there is around 5-6 yrs difference in age btwn the kids, probably not unusual for second relationships). This 2nd husband 16 years later speaks highly of her, despite the relationship not lasting and the pressure of parent’s death, young children, brother etc... Katie still has a close relationship with her brother who speaks highly of how she supported him. Katie has trained as a hairdresser, earned cosmetology accreditation(s) and pulled herself up out of being a presumably, uneducated teenage mother. Her first child, the one she had at 15, is at college. Katie has a large group of loyal friends, seems to be successfully self-employed and generally seen as a really nice person.

I might have some of the timelines and examples wrong, and I haven't dragged out the Katie story to include a 3rd child but I just want to highlight there are many flags of positivity, success and determination on how NO lived her life. Having 3 kids to 3 fathers is not necessarily a reason to judge. Maybe she was a romantic idealist with poor taste in men? We don't know that at 16 she was messed up and severely depressed. Can we please all recognise the fact that she achieved an education / trade, provided a stable / supportive environment to enable her first child to get to college and all the photos and videos of AM and LB show two young girls who look happy, loved and loving.

I'm not at all defending her actions if she did what is presumed, I feel as emotionally devastated as you do about this case, but can we balance how we examine and dissect her life?

Depends on the type of gun too. I'm pretty sure with revolvers, you just have to pull the trigger. Any other handgun requires you to pull the slide (I think that's what it's called?) back before firing but after that you can just keep squeezing the trigger. Not super complicated from the very little experience I've had with firearms. MOO.

Can we please all recognise the fact that she achieved an education / trade, provided a stable / supportive environment to enable her first child to get to college and all the photos and videos of AM and LB show two young girls who look happy, loved and loving.
I don’t think anyone is disputing that. She didn’t have a good start and presumably did the best she could providing for her children. This tragic case just shows to me that anyone who seemingly is happy, successful, inspirational, supportive, talented, beautiful, or rich can be in a very dark place.

Yesterday, a man in Oregon killed his parents, his infant child, and his girlfriend in the most brutal way. He was shot when he tried to kill an 8-year-old girl. Happy photos on Facebook with hearts and all that. We can ask ourselves ”why?“ but we‘ll probably never find out.

We do not know if NO has been depressed. But if she was, why stigmatize it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73