Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social Media Rumors can carry consequences

Rumors that a man arrested in Randolph County a couple of days ago being the person that committed the Delphi double homicide are not true. This agency was recently contacted by a media outlet stating that they felt the person recently arrested for child molestation greatly resembled the sketch of the Delphi killings. This agency advised the media outlet that they would forward the info to an FBI agent that was involved in the case. Outside of the person resembling the sketch, there is currently zero evidence that ties him to this case and he is not a suspect in the case. Since then, the media outlet ran a side by side comparison of the two faces and stated that FBI was being made aware.

People in this case are putting side by side comparisons together and claiming this guy is the Delphi killer. It's very dangerous to do that. People have been contacting Indiana State Police upset that there face was posted stating this without any evidence. If you are doing this, you are most likely committing libel. State Police are advising those complaining to contact an attorney because it is a civil matter. Doing this can carry the consequence of a civil lawsuit and expensive settlements. In fact, lawsuits are exploding from allegations of online libel — the written defamation of a person. Falsely accusing a person of a crime typically is considered libel in all 50 states. Slander is the spoken defamation of a person.

Although we understand that people are trying to help the investigation, By doing this with zero evidence other than a mere appearance, it can also hurt or hinder an investigation.

If you think you have a legitimate tip, Please contact the police. There is a tip line set up for the Delphi case which is 844-459-5786 or you can email a tip to abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Social Media Rumors can carry consequences | Randolph County

He's still a suspected criminal.

I’ve always thought BG’s pictures were doctored to cover something he was holding that may be upsetting for people, no necessarily flashing but that too. I’d tried to unseen knowning the blurry pics are just still frames taken out from brave Libby’s video and a lot of the objects we’ve seen are just ”artifacts” caused by video compression.

The icon of the video embedded in DM’s article has somehow made me see again it’s something covered by airbrush strokes. Kinda like a tool maybe a hammer in hand out of the jacket. Im no trying to us to rehash what’s been discussed in the past almost 100 threads, nor taking the so-exhausting-over-analyzing path again. I’m just saying and MO. Let’s move on, shall we? :)
Man with obsession with missing children cases being investigated for rail tracks murders | Daily Mail Online

Attachments

• E8471A5D-EDD9-4425-821D-04B0C6AEFFA9.jpeg
    E8471A5D-EDD9-4425-821D-04B0C6AEFFA9.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
IF this turns out to be him, I cannot even imagine how frightened these girls were of him. No wonder she started recording early. What a hero. (moo!)

That is what I thought too, they knew something was not right or she would have never turned on the phone I feel.
Those poor girls, they must have been so scared.

I’ve always thought BG’s pictures were doctored to cover something he was holding that may be upsetting for people, no necessarily flashing but that too. I’d tried to unseen knowning the blurry pics are just still frames taken out from brave Libby’s video and a lot of the objects we’ve seen are just ”artifacts” caused by video compression.

The icon of the video embedded in DM’s article has somehow made me see again it’s something covered by airbrush strokes. Kinda like a tool maybe a hammer in hand out of the jacket. Im no trying to us to rehash what’s been discussed in the past almost 100 threads, nor taking the so-exhausting-over-analyzing path again. I’m just saying and MO. Let’s move on, shall we? :)
Man with obsession with missing children cases being investigated for rail tracks murders | Daily Mail Online

I recall that too.

That is what I thought too, they knew something was not right or she would have never turned on the phone I feel.
Those poor girls, they must have been so scared.

I agree. Most girls that age wouldn't have the presence of mind, unless something set of their 'hinky meter' in the first place.

The weight doesn't look right. Usually people that are of our age (40 -60) don't change weight much. Probably a long shot.. .but will just have to do like the rest of you and just wait.

Also he has a pronounced scar or deep creases or something going on between his eyebrows. Whatever it is, it's not shown on BG's sketch and IMVHO, something unique like that would likely be noted by a witness if it existed at the time. Of course it could be a newer 'scar'. I don't have FB so can't access his photos by date to see how far back it appears. MOO

Wow. Found out about this on ABC Chi.'s soc. med. page. They had the pics side by side and it gave me chill bumps. The nose is spot on. I also took a look at CE soc. med. page and OMG he is one twisted person. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to unsee that pic with the bloody equipment on a tray. If I had seen him out in public my 'internal hinkey alarm would have been going off big time. He just gives me the heebie jeebies.

Last edited:
Also he has a pronounced scar or deep creases or something going on between his eyebrows. Whatever it is, it's not shown on BG's sketch and IMVHO, something unique like that would likely be noted by a witness if it existed at the time. Of course it could be a newer 'scar'. I don't have FB so can't access his photos by date to see how far back it appears. MOO

Looks to me like a permanent frown crease. Even so, may not have been noticed at that time of the murders by a witness. moo

NBC news ran a story last night on the similarities between Charles Eldridge and the sketch of BG.

I recently asked a retired LE now a private detective and relative of mine, his thoughts on this case.
To protect the integrity of the case, LE provides little, if any evidence collected from the crime scene.
He also feels BG moved out of state , less people would know about this case
and less likely to draw attention to himself.

The autopsy report is sealed, LE hasn't released the cause of death of either girl.
The crime scene was horrific when LE arrived.
I hope any DNA from the crime scene will help solve this case.

I think we'll know fairly quickly. The dna collection law mentioned became effective Jan 2018.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ana-collecting-more-dna-samples-after-new-law

A state law that went into effect Jan. 1 requires police to collect a DNA cheek swab from those arrested on felony charges. The previous law only required those convicted of a felony to submit DNA samples.

Awesome to know, tyvm! Tips her hat to @Cubby. Long time my friend *smiles*. eta Bob Harrod, case?

So good to see everyone still here for our girls. I took some time off from actually posting as I just had a baby, but had to log in for this. His face...it’s the closest I’ve seen in regards to all the mugshots and various people I’ve run down. Are we finally getting closer?
Congrats on your new baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member