Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

This is what I came up with. So, I don’t believe so.

Does this make sense, locals??

View attachment 165219

Google Maps

I'd guess that if it was a death by flood waters, she would have drifted from somewhere. Is there an opening to the creek somewhere closer to her route? Autopsy should make it very clear if her death was due to drowning vs. foul play. MOO

There are no warning signs of either this creek nor caution about crossing traveling south.

Locals would know all about this low road.

Then the opposite end, travelers approaching are forewarned not to attempt fording it in rising waters.

Hopefully they will hang a flashing light with a large sign.
I guess every state that is prone to heavy rains deals with this. The locals know (but take risks) & tourists are unaware.
I’m guessing she was lost, maybe panicked & simply didn't realize the depth of the water.

How common would it be to find someone who drove into high water but not her vehicle?
Exactly why when I reread the article stating the roads were flooded that night and I considered this exact scenario, I thought it would not pan out, mainly because where is her car? Possible washed farther away and submerged. Wait and see what turns up.

So where is her car? This isn't making much sense to me.

I am so sorry for Emily and her family. May she rest in peace, and thoughts and prayers to her family.

No, it isn't to me either right now. I am getting the feeling from the published reports they think she could have been swept away which is a term used in flood waters.

BREAKING: Emily Wade's body found, Ennis Police confirm

Also states she was found in Chambers Creek off Ensign Rd. I do recall we had rain the Friday night before she disappeared, but that Saturday was beautiful. Almost 70 and very pleasant.

I am saddened and sorry for her and her family's loss and do hope the closure is losing her to a tragic accident rather than something else, but on the other hand, I also hope everyone isn't too quick to call it just an accident when foul play could very well be involved.

Sorry guys; I’m on mobile and just have a quick question. I’m not finding a clear answer in articles I am reading.

So: Body was NOT found in her car, correct? Has the car been located, and if so, where?

Don’t like the outcome of this. Praying for this family.
No car has been found.

I'd guess that if it was a death by flood waters, she would have drifted from somewhere. Is there an opening to the creek somewhere closer to her route? Autopsy should make it very clear if her death was due to drowning vs. foul play. MOO

I think they’ll find her car tomorrow. They know Em’ was downstream from it. They should have an idea where she went in, reducing the search area. Here, the car is usually flipped over, completely submerged, lodged against trees.
Jmo

ETA: They don’t “know” she was downstream, sorry. Most cases I see, the car is upstream. Sorry. It seems the car lodges on things. Really, we don’t know if she got out of the car or if the car was heavily damaged and she drifted out.

Last edited:
Body of missing Texas mom Emily Wade is discovered in a creek bed | Daily Mail Online
  • Emily Wade, 37, disappeared on Saturday, January 5, after telling her mother she was going to meet friends
  • Her body was discovered in a creek bed on Monday, an police believe she was likely swept away by flooding waters on the night she disappeared
  • There is still no sign of her car
  • She was last seen by a male co-worker leaving his apartment at 8:30pm after having pizza and watching a movie
  • Emily, who has a 7-year-old daughter, had moved to Ennis, Texas so she and her 7-year-old daughter could be closer to her mother
Emily Wade.jpg 8558600-6594875-image-m-70_1547575622885.jpg 8558592-6594875-image-a-66_1547575332019.jpg

No, it isn't to me either right now. I am getting the feeling from the published reports they think she could have been swept away which is a term used in flood waters.

Also states she was found in Chambers Creek off Ensign Rd. I do recall we had rain the Friday night before she disappeared, but that Saturday was beautiful. Almost 70 and very pleasant.

I am saddened and sorry for her and her family's loss and do hope the closure is losing her to a tragic accident rather than something else, but on the other hand, I also hope everyone isn't too quick to call it just an accident when foul play could very well be involved.
Family was requesting boats for the search yesterday, concentrating on Chambers Creek and Cummins Creek. I wondered if that was just to rule it out or if they had a tip.

Here, it’s not the rain event as much as the run off the next couple of days. There’s no place for the water to go, after a big rain, the ground is saturated. Rivers, creeks & ponds lose their boundaries.
Do you recall how much rain you had on Friday? Did it rain prior to Friday?
Another thing we see here, the victim gets injured & is unable to stand up or walk. A lot have broken legs or head trauma from being pulled thru raging water.

I think they’ll find her car tomorrow. They know Em’ was downstream from it. They should have an idea where she went in, reducing the search area. Here, the car is usually flipped over, completely submerged, lodged against trees.
Jmo

Yes i think the car will be found washed away further down the creek. What is odd though is why Emily would have driven that way home that Saturday night, it seems a pretty straightforward drive from the co-worker's to her home so why go all the way out there?

Family was requesting boats for the search yesterday, concentrating on Chambers Creek and Cummins Creek. I wondered if that was just to rule it out or if they had a tip.

I wonder if behind scenes, after initial interviews, LE always suspected Em’ fell victim to a deadly creek.
Another thing, hypothermia would have set in in no time, imo. Toss in fear, panic, confusion, possible injuries.....

It certainly is possible that she was lost. But Ennis roads are not like Boston Streets, where I get lost for days. Generally it is a grid pattern in TX so it's not too complicated.

You would expect they would find the car first. I would like to locate the car and see where she went in, and come up with a reason why she was there.

Because I can't connect the dots just yet.
Neither can I. There are a few dots missing.

A car would certainly be much easier to spot in flood waters than a person, especially after they recede. And how much farther would a car travel downstream than she did, if that's what happened.

Yes i think the car will be found washed away further down the creek. What is odd though is why Emily would have driven that way home that Saturday night, it seems a pretty straightforward drive from the co-worker's to her home so why go all the way out there?

Maybe lost, who knows?
Back to hypothermia—the link I posted abt the rescue in KY today, they were rescued almost immediately but suffered severe hypothermia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back