TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<<<Modsnip>>>

Could we please not refer to possible matches as identifications? It's very misleading. To claim information based on your research as 'facts', such as identifying her allegedly deceased parents based on EYE COLOR, is so misleading and harmful to the case.

Edit: I cannot comment on the method of research you're referring to as it's still incredibly vague. However, claiming tentative identification each time you come across a new person of interest is still misleading. By this logic, WCJD has been 'tentatively identified' numerous times (each time a MP is submitted before rule-out).

Last edited by a moderator:
This is relevant as, for God Only Knows Why, members of both LE and the media decided to wax lyrical on how attractive/sexually alluring WCJD was in life, but I watched the 1968 film, Lady in Cement at the weekend. Frank Sinatra's PI character, Tony Roma, finds a dead blonde at the bottom of the sea with her feet in a concrete block (Naked, of course.) All people seem interested in is if she was good looking. Even the coroner gets in the act lamenting the fact she would never be a mother as she had a beautiful pelvis.

This is relevant as, for God Only Knows Why, members of both LE and the media decided to wax lyrical on how attractive/sexually alluring WCJD was in life, but I watched the 1968 film, Lady in Cement at the weekend. Frank Sinatra's PI character, Tony Roma, finds a dead blonde at the bottom of the sea with her feet in a concrete block (Naked, of course.) All people seem interested in is if she was good looking. Even the coroner gets in the act lamenting the fact she would never be a mother as she had a beautiful pelvis.
Welcome to the world of being a woman.

I'm kind of mystified at the whole dresses and perfume and flowers image attached to missing and murdered women. the short haired Beaumont girls who disappeared from Glenelg Beach have been posthumously turned into Girly Girls. Jane and Arnna were even given long hair in one Aussie true crime re-enactment show.

<<<Modsnip>>>

Could we please not refer to possible matches as identifications? It's very misleading. To claim information based on your research as 'facts', such as identifying her allegedly deceased parents based on EYE COLOR, is so misleading and harmful to the case.

Edit: I cannot comment on the method of research you're referring to as it's still incredibly vague. However, claiming tentative identification each time you come across a new person of interest is still misleading. By this logic, WCJD has been 'tentatively identified' numerous times (each time a MP is submitted before rule-out).

I agree with Effy, and have removed all posts regarding pending identifications that have not been confirmed by any official sources.

I know several people who are very well studied in genetics, and they have told me they never heard of this group, and are very doubtful of the efficacy of their methodology. If they have indeed identified WCJD, we should wait until the Walker County Sheriff's Department has made an announcement.

Here’s a good lesson I learned from folks like CarlK, Roselovr, and the other many, many talented people on Websleuths.

1. It ain’t a done deal until LE formally announces it
2. Keep your head down, and only share breakthroughs with your very small trusted inner circle, moderators, Trish, and LE.
3. Don’t advertise your find or you will get unwanted attention of all varieties.
4. When you do have a major breakthrough, whoop, do a happy dance, cry, talk to your trusted friends and cry some more....then move on and rinse and repeat.

As always, my amateur opinion and speculation only

And please remember we're all adults here, so take this content seriously and do not turn your speculations into facts without solid evidence. I know we're all desperate to give our Does back their names <modsnip - discussing another poster>.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bit of hope @rosesfromangels @Tssiemer I'm not sure why both LE and the media decided to go on about how sexually attractive and/or sexually appealing WCJD was. How do you get that from a savagely beaten and bruised corpse?

As i mentioned about the Beaumont Children, many female victims are also retroactively made a lot more girly and feminine than they were in life. Although with Crime Investigation Australia, on their budget they probably could only afford child actresses who wouldn't cut their long hair to match Jane and Arnna for a one-time TV re-enactment.

@Bit of hope @rosesfromangels @Tssiemer I'm not sure why both LE and the media decided to go on about how sexually attractive and/or sexually appealing WCJD was. How do you get that from a savagely beaten and bruised corpse?

As i mentioned about the Beaumont Children, many female victims are also retroactively made a lot more girly and feminine than they were in life. Although with Crime Investigation Australia, on their budget they probably could only afford child actresses who wouldn't cut their long hair to match Jane and Arnna for a one-time TV re-enactment.
Because Mr. Bean, sex sells. Pretty people get more attention, more ratings, sell more ads, and so forth.

Despite her battered condition, it was apparent to me WCJD was a very pretty child. And I do believe she was very young.

I’m not sure why we’re going on and on about it here either.

Hi all, a number of posts have been removed. Recall that it is against TOS to discuss another poster, either through generalizations (ex. "some people are presenting rumor as fact") or by username or in reply to them. If you have a concern about a post, report it and do not respond to it.

TOs will be issued if discussion like this continues.

I agree with you; i always found it disturbing and strange how LE commented that she was a beautiful girl considering the circumstances they saw her: murdered, naked, brutally beaten/bruised.

I agree with you; i always found it disturbing and strange how LE commented that she was a beautiful girl considering the circumstances they saw her: murdered, naked, brutally beaten/bruised.
I was hoping they meant that she seemed well cared for and it came out wrong. Like well nourished and good dental care. Am I too optimistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member