Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect Jake Thomas Patterson hosted a Christmas gathering while Jayme Closs was imprisoned in the same house, sources say

He did. Although I doubt he "hosted a Christmas gathering" exactly. It appears his father and sister stopped over with their SO's on Christmas, and he also spent some of the day at his grandparents.
Maybe the grandparent visit was unplanned. Could have been an impromptu way to cut the dad/sister visit short & get them out of the house as quickly as possible? Guessing, of course.

He did not have his family over for Christmas. He went to a family members home and left Jayme under the bed for 12 hours.

There is an article out that says he did. And two LE sources are stated. I myself went to more than one Christmas. There was an entire 4 days of Christmas this year.

It’s being reported now that his father, sister, and their SOs were over on Christmas.

We discussed before that he and his family must have talked about Jayme at Christmas. (Didn’t everyone in the state talk about her?) Now it seems she was probably discussed by them while they were in the next room.

Not picking and choosing. Some of us watched it unfold in real time. This account is simply wrong. CNN is no stranger to that, either. JMO

It's also very possible that both of those things happened. There's no video that I've seen of his family actually entering the courtroom.

Not really sure how much it matters anyways.

There is an article out that says he did. And two LE sources are stated. I myself went to more than one Christmas. There was an entire 4 days of Christmas this year.
I just read that article. mmmmm. Interesting. Amazing how he pulled this off. Wouldn't someone sense something was off about him, having a kidnapped victim right there in the house?

I just read that article. mmmmm. Interesting. Amazing how he pulled this off. Wouldn't someone sense something was off about him, having a kidnapped victim right there in the house?

Joshua Phillips killed Maddie Clifton and kept her decomposing body under his bed.Apparently his mother, who lived in the house with him, had no idea.

I hope they give him the condition he can NEVER profit off of this crime from books, interviews, movie, etc. I think maybe laws have even been enacted for that possibly? But maybe someday when he realizes he is never getting out he will tell the rest... And LE may have more than we know from journals, online conversations, other computer records...

He can't

Wisconsin Legislature: 949.165

As for JP’s family, I can’t really criticize the way they are handling this news, as I have no idea how I would. I might be incapable of speaking about it without being a blubbering mess. It’s possible I would not be able to get a single, complete sentence out if it was my kid. It’s possible that if it was my brother I might also be so filled with rage that I have no idea how to even express it. And I might be one of those people who has trouble expressing myself in the best of times, let alone after being blind-sided by the news and with cameras in my face. I can’t judge them for not speaking to the media.

At a guess, I think it’s possible that the sister feels an extra punch in the gut after seeing pictures of her stuff in the news, the fact that he used her car, and knowing now that JP dressed Jayme in her clothes. If I was her, I would both be mourning and absolutely in a rage at the same time.

My take on JP today (this might change tomorrow) is that his parents, dad, allowed him to stay in that house to help him, hoping that some space away from everyone would encourage him to get it together. I imagine them walking on egg shells around him, not because he was violent towards them, but because he was very sensitive about any criticism or asking questions about if he was working, discussing why the last job didn't work out, etc. I believe him not making it in the military (whatever the story is) was very damaging to his mental state. There are people out there that just believe they are capable of greatness - they absolutely cannot handle rejection and are floored when they're told "you're not good enough". And in many cases, this dose of reality NEEDED to be said.

Maybe the deal was, he had to look for a job to stay there. His dad probably dropped by to check on him, the house, but didn't want to impose, ask too many questions, snoop around.

He did not have his family over for Christmas. He went to a family members home and left Jayme under the bed for 12 hours.

Report below states family in Gordon on Christmas Day. Perhaps Christmas Eve was with Grandparents.

Jayme Closs abductor hosted Christmas party while keeping teen imprisoned in home, report says

The man accused of keeping Jayme Closs locked up in his house for three months reportedly held a family gathering Christmas Day in the same home in which he was keeping the teen imprisoned.

Jake Patterson, 21, hosted the gathering, which was attended by his father and sister, at the home in Gordon, Wisconsin, sources told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. While Patterson and family and friends partied upstairs, Closs, 13, was forced to hide under a twin bed, the report stated. There was no indication the family members knew Closs was being imprisoned in the home.

Joshua Phillips killed Maddie Clifton and kept her decomposing body under his bed.Apparently his mother, who lived in the house with him, had no idea.
I remember that sad, sad case. Another senseless murder of a poor innocent child. I remember he had a lot of air fresheners in his bedroom to mask the smell. Amazing that his mother did not pick up on it. RIP poor Maddie.

Report below states family in Gordon on Christmas Day. Perhaps Christmas Eve was with Grandparents.

Jayme Closs abductor hosted Christmas party while keeping teen imprisoned in home, report says

The man accused of keeping Jayme Closs locked up in his house for three months reportedly held a family gathering Christmas Day in the same home in which he was keeping the teen imprisoned.

Jake Patterson, 21, hosted the gathering, which was attended by his father and sister, at the home in Gordon, Wisconsin, sources told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. While Patterson and family and friends partied upstairs, Closs, 13, was forced to hide under a twin bed, the report stated. There was no indication the family members knew Closs was being imprisoned in the home.
Yes. I just saw this. Amazing.

I remember that sad, sad case. Another senseless murder of a poor innocent child. I remember he had a lot of air fresheners in his bedroom to mask the smell. Amazing that his mother did not pick up on it. RIP poor Maddie.

Yeah, that one was sad. I don't think I'd automatically assume that my child was hiding a dead body, or a kidnapped child, in his bedroom. I can't fault the parents for not suspecting it.

If the dog hadn’t barked, what was the plan? Would he have knocked on the door, stealthily tried to break in, or beat down the door with the gun stock? What if Jayme’s Dad showed up at the door with his own gun? What if Jayme was away at a sleepover? Had he been watching the house and knew she was home? If he saw her once, he had to make sure she actually lived there by seeing her again at the bus stop. Is it a one kid bus stop? Does she run out of the house and the bus picked her up? Some kids take a bus from a caregiver’s house where they are dropped off in the morning if their parents work early shifts. Also-what arrangements did he make back at his house for when he brought her back there? Was he just winging it?
Your questions have me asking more questions!

This one was discussed in early threads and I don't recall there was an answer? Did JC's home have the front porch light turned on when police arrived?
Did JC go to the front door and turn the light on when Jayme alerted him that someone was on the property? Did this cause JP to change the way he would enter or was this violent entry part of his fantasy? If what occurred was his actual plan it does not seem very strategic for a guy who may think of himself as the evil Rambo. JMHO X's 5
ETA: Thanks to those who gave me the answer. No front porch light on.

Last edited:
Suspect Jake Thomas Patterson hosted a Christmas gathering while Jayme Closs was imprisoned in the same house, sources say
d7f18399-51cd-4c90-80a0-552f38aba196-DSC_5059.JPG

Jan 22, 2019

One source identified Patterson's father and sister as the family members who made the Christmas visit to the ramshackle house at 14166 S. Eau Claire Acres Circle in Gordon, a town of about 750 located about 70 miles north of Jayme's home town of Barron.

The second source confirmed that the investigation had found that those family members visited Patterson on Christmas.

There is no indication that any of the guests knew Jayme was imprisoned beneath the bed, the source said.
[...]
He also, according to the complaint, visited a grandparent in Superior for 12 hours during the time Closs was his captive.

To date, there's been no indication that family members had a clue about Patterson's secrets.
[...]
Patterson's defense attorneys have said more will be revealed about their client's behavior and motives as the case proceeds. They did not respond to a request for comment for this story.

Yes. I just saw this. Amazing.

When I saw it this morning, I was doing an internet search for something else and I thought what a stupid news org, they got that so wrong because I knew he was at his granddad's house for Christmas. I looked into the links at what I had originally looked for and then went back to that one and thought what the he** I will read it as I know I have never read one that had that fact wrong. So I thought it was bull, almost did not even read it. When I did go into it, I was quite surprised and then I noticed the date was today as well and they "claim" it is from two LE sources yet Fitz would not confirm or deny. However, I think we have all learned how that goes or works to a point. I think it may be put out on purpose...?

Just saying that I totally get how someone reading it for the first time thinks someone has their facts wrong because that is exactly what I thought... And I even came across it by total accident... Not that it was on the airwaves as far as I know at that point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74