UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

I think there was follow-up and determined not to be him. I think people are looking for a blond-haired 20 year old. I would lay down money betting that he looks nothing like the photos plastered all over. I would bet he has dark hair, and a beard as well. I mean that if I went through all the effort to erase tracks to find me from the get go, totally changing my appearance would be a no-brainer.
I personally think they are looking for a person in the photos that does not exist anymore.
Ejay, I go back and forth between finding it unbelievable that you are 18 and thinking you know more than you are saying. But I deeply hope you're right.

Nope I think. He wanted as far and fast away from there that he could.
And I believe he had a ride waiting for him, if he went through desert, it was only as far as to grab his stash and get to the prearranged meeting place.

And, I also think that's one reason why he hung around into the afternoon. I think his prearranged meeting time with his associate was sometime after 3 p.m. (after school). I totally believe he picked the escape day way in advance. I also think he finalized any loose-end details and coordinated his watch with his helper, between the time he got his computer back and the wiping of the hard drive at midnight, when it was all done.

In my opinion, there simply was no motivation for him to stick around any longer than absolutely necessary in his mind. When he walked out of the home at around 3 p.m., the plan was in motion, and no turning back.

Furthermore, I believe he looks totally different now-a "new" person. Outside of the facial blemish below his eye and the speech, I will bet no one would even know it was him if they walked past him. Macin will not be found unless he wants to be found. Sorry for getting long-winded. haha

Something else that was always curious to me was that Macin vanished exactly one year to the day from the posting of the "sorry video" from "Michelle." Probably just a weird coincidence...
Where/what video?

@pittsburghgirl. Well you are certainly entitled to your thoughts and opinions as we all are. And again, any and all of this is totally speculation right?

@pittsburghgirl. Well you are certainly entitled to your thoughts and opinions as we all are. And again, any and all of this is totally speculation right?

I have no idea how that posted twice and I can't delete one so I apologize for the double post

No worries, Ejay. I'm just hoping that your speculation is well-founded and correct, that Macin is not only well, but safe and happy. And for sure, you are extremely intelligent and an unusually compelling writer at 18.

Thank you. Guess I can thank my parents for that too, and the expensive private schools they sent me to my entire life. Gosh, maybe paid off, some things actually sunk into the gray gob I think. (Just don't ask me to do a math problem)... lol

I'm not sure if it's against TOS to link the video, but if you google search "Macin Smith sorry video Michelle" it will come up.

Thanks for the clue. The video was very easy to find.

Naturally, I wonder who “Michelle” is.

The impression I get is that the video was meant to be viewed by “Michelle” only: Macin likely sent it to him/her directly.

But for whatever reason, “Michelle” uploaded it on to YouTube for the whole world to see. Why would s/he do that?

Or could “Michelle” be Macin himself? I haven’t seen anything to suggest that this is the case, and it is far-fetched, but the possibility did enter my mind.

Well, personally, I think Michelle friended Macin way back and Macin assumed, or was led on that Michelle was a girl for quite a while. When Macin eventually found out the truth, I would guess he was angry that he was deceived, and stopped communication with Michelle. I think this was an effort for Michelle to try and reach Macin and sort of a way to apologize. And possibly that may have worked. But who knows.....

Well, personally, I think Michelle friended Macin way back and Macin assumed, or was led on that Michelle was a girl for quite a while. When Macin eventually found out the truth, I would guess he was angry that he was deceived, and stopped communication with Michelle. I think this was an effort for Michelle to try and reach Macin and sort of a way to apologize. And possibly that may have worked. But who knows.....

Unless I missed something, which is entirely possible, what’s the connection between Macin and the video? If it isn’t him in the video, then I’d think no connection. Macin/Mason is not a unique name and Smith is one of the most common last names.

re: video: the video was originally posted on "Michelle's" facebook page.

Of course this and everything is all just speculation, right...

Smith is indeed the most common last name in the USA. And no last name is mentioned in the video. However...
So according to the latest US census estimates, there are 165 million males in the USA currently. And there are less than 1,643 people in the USA with the first name spelled "Macin". It's all probably just a coincidence for sure, and unrelated.

Much interesting like the fact that the original video was posted on September 1, 2014 and Macin vanished on September 1, 2015, one year to the day. Totally gotta' be just another coincidence I think.

The YouTube video is interesting and brings up many more questions and theories I hadn't seen addressed (I haven't seen this video mentioned on other sites I've visited) - I'd imagine that the police have been tipped about it by this time, though. I'd be willing to bet if Macin is in fact Macin Smith, that 'Michelle Smith' is not the user's real name, which would make it challenging to track down the person in the video.
The Disappeared episode mentioned his sexuality rumors, and I've seen them on numerous other threads. It could be that he believed he was talking to a girl (he may have never even considered the fact he was gay/bi at that time), then he found out he was talking to a guy and had already developed feelings for him, who knows.

of course the video could be just a coincidence. Hopefully police have at least looked into it. The date definitely is interesting... I recently watched Danelle Hallan's YouTube video, which brought up some interesting speculations.

I'm not sure if it's against TOS to link the video, but if you google search "Macin Smith sorry video Michelle" it will come up.

Wow! So I went and watched the video. I have to wonder who that boy is singing. So many of the words in his song..."we played games" when it's been said how much MS enjoyed video games, and lines about not being able to stand the burden on his back, along with I didnt know how much I'd miss you make me give pause to this. Could this have been a "friend" that broke it off and a year to the date later is feeling like it's his fault Macin disapeared? Even if it wasn't a love intetest, its been reported he was depressed and didnt have many friends. Maybe loosing his "best friend" set him over the edge. (Although I have always thought due to the way the letter was handled and the families strict religious views that MS was struggling with his sexuality and felt he could not be himself.) Has this video been reported to anyone to look into?

Thanks for the clue. The video was very easy to find.

Naturally, I wonder who “Michelle” is.

The impression I get is that the video was meant to be viewed by “Michelle” only: Macin likely sent it to him/her directly.

But for whatever reason, “Michelle” uploaded it on to YouTube for the whole world to see. Why would s/he do that?

Or could “Michelle” be Macin himself? I haven’t seen anything to suggest that this is the case, and it is far-fetched, but the possibility did enter my mind.

I actually think it's "to Macin" from "Michelle".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back