Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018 - #2

Arjen Kamphuis chose for disappearance'

Arjen Kamphuis would still live, think his colleagues, family and friends. They keep in mind that the man has voluntarily left the anonymity, writes the AD.

MENTAL EMERGENCY
This is not the first time that Kamphuis has disappeared from the radar. "We take into account that Arjen might have been in a mental emergency," says Ancilla van de Leest on behalf of Kamphuis's family and friends. "His stressful life, combined with high intelligence and spending weeks alone on your own, could lead to this . "

The 47-year-old man has disappeared without a trace since August 20. He then left his hotel in the Norwegian Bodø, his kayak was later found back in a fjord. Kamphuis had a stressful period and went to Norway this summer to clear his head, he told friends.

GERMANY
"There are indications for the scenario that Arjen might want to disappear from the radar himself," says Kirk Wiebe, an American NSA whistleblower and colleague from Kamphuis. Traces point to Germany, where Kamphuis lived. There, just before the disappearance of the man, a German SIM card was put in his phone. Witnesses have seen him in Denmark. Money was also transferred to Deutsche Bahn, which could indicate a trip to Germany. Yet an accident or crime is not excluded.

Next week we will be looking for Kamphuis again, during a big hackers congress in Leipzig. 60,000 Find Arjen stickers are distributed there. "Keep looking out for him is our message," says initiator Jos Weyers, friend and fellow hacker. "And perhaps we will reach Arjen himself. If he is still hanging around somewhere, that might be among like-minded people. And around 17,000 of them will come to Leipzig between Christmas and New Year's Eve. "

GT
'Arjen Kamphuis koos zelf voor verdwijning'

Also a read on:

Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl
Talpa Network

BBM

Money was also transferred to Deutsche Bahn, which could indicate a trip to Germany.

This is news. Any indication when this was done?

Ook onderzoeken zijn vrienden een betaling aan Deutsche Bahn, kort voor zijn reis.
It says on tweakers, that is was shortly before his trip.
Naasten: ict-deskundige Arjen Kamphuis koos misschien zelf voor verdwijning
Anyone who would go that far to fake his/her own death is beyond reason. Throwing the ID in the water, perforating the kayak and so on and so forth.
Would Arjen have been able to do that? Was he soooo over the edge after 10-12 days holiday and rest?

Where would he be living right now? Who is sheltering him all these months? Who is paying for his daily food?
The payment to Deutsche Bahn can most certainly lead to the destination of the train ride.

What if: whilst Arjen was kayaking he was approached by a small vessel, he was intentionally attacked and abducted. The abductors get rid of his perforated kayak and his belongings and they disappear with Arjen.
Then 10 days later, Arjen does that Vikesa-ping stuff to leave a bread crumb.
??!??

Anyone who would go that far to fake his/her own death is beyond reason. Throwing the ID in the water, perforating the kayak and so on and so forth.
Would Arjen have been able to do that? Was he soooo over the edge after 10-12 days holiday and rest?

Where would he be living right now? Who is sheltering him all these months? Who is paying for his daily food?
The payment to Deutsche Bahn can most certainly lead to the destination of the train ride.

What if: whilst Arjen was kayaking he was approached by a small vessel, he was intentionally attacked and abducted. The abductors get rid of his perforated kayak and his belongings and they disappear with Arjen.
??!??

- no one saw an attack on a kayak
- no abductor would let the victim keep his mobile phone

hope this helps ;)

- no one saw an attack on a kayak
- no abductor would let the victim keep his mobile phone

hope this helps ;)
Not much ............ no one has seen the kayak accident either, nor has anyone seen someone drowning in the fjord. Would that rule out an accident and Arjen drowning in your opinion?
As for the phone, I don't know.

I am trying to wrap my head around this after the MSM info that was posted.

First of all I do think that Ancilla expressed her feelings into a post and that (some) media spinning around it...after all, A story has to sell!!

It is strange that Arjen booked a ticket (before he went on a vacation to Norway) at the DB,with little time left for -by then- for his upcoming appointments in NL.
But he is single (by my knowlegde) no kids...and could easily made it,to arrive in NL on time,
Because (as was stated by his friends before) he has a high standard of being ethical.

Have to give a remark..that I was online and logged in that night when things went sour on that forum and some nasty accusations were made towards the host.It had nothing to do with the jackets..but more with the lack of information surrounded by his disappearance and the integrity of the host,and to some post/questions..(that were deleted and where questioned later, according by one)
Kinda odd..because Arjen is an adult with his own life and didn't have to take accountable what he booked,where,with whom or whatever he planned.
He is/was allowed to draw up his own plans and to mine opinion: not suïcidable...I have seen depressed people who have a records of attemps of taking their own lives...and most of them seem very releaved...just before they end their own lives...almost cheerful,because in their own way of thinking...it puts an end to their suffering...

I do think that being an ethical hacker,it weights you down...you know the danger of the digital world >>>24/7 !!
You know more, that gets stucked in the back of your mind..never to shake it off, or let your guard down..that must have difficult.
But his work and working on the awareness must have gathered some strenght...also!

We all have bad moments when we make bad decisions..like maybe kayaking at a place where it is not safe..bad weather..so on and on....

But it strikes me as odd that the connection was easily brushed off, by the MSM,...few mentions-non questions/investigation about Nato/Rognan where his kayak paddle and ( lucky find >>) bumpbag with ID (s papers) where found)
And yes...true..non direct questions from our MSM were dare to ask!

If it was....an accident,someone could have found his phones in the kayak (dragged the kayak on shore) and took it...that would explain -somehow - the pings...! (It doesn not take much to erase IMEI numbers and hack a phone to mo.)

I do think that it is wise to gather the network of hackers and hopefully,the cloud of silverlining turn up with Arjen!

LE & Nato have not brought -so far- anything to show for...!!
I would express that given the Nato they had an alerted high alarmsysteem working by Aug ,20th.

Not much ............ no one has seen the kayak accident either, nor has anyone seen someone drowning in the fjord. Would that rule out an accident and Arjen drowning in your opinion?
As for the phone, I don't know.

It is as much about someone seeing it happen, as also and even more about how to make it happen.
If you want to abduct Arjen while he is in his kayak near Rognan, you must know that Arjen will be going out in his kayak. You must have a boat ready to abduct him. Boat has to come from somewhere. Boat also has to be bigger, and must have an engine, for obvious reasons. All these aspects add to the chance that someone sees you or hears you, and follows the boat on its course towards a tiny kayak. Pirates in a fjord won't go unnoticed for long. It is not a good place for an abduction, because if you have to flee, you have nowhere to go. A fjord is basically a big bathtub with the Saltstraumen at the one end, and one road around it.

IMHO it would be quite complicated to get Arjen from the kayak into the boat, and off the boat again. And into a car. To a place where he is kept for a while and then on to Rogaland by car (?) etc.

I prefer the simpeler scenario of him drowning, or of an accident near one of the lakes where the kayak was left on the shore and was later swept to the sea.

Sofar, despite all the efforts, no results from the 35 Chaos Communication Congress and the Hack42 Foundation.

The desired result is a proof of life.
To a gmail account. After everything the Internet Security community has taught us, they use a gmail account for a proof of life. Perhaps this is a joke for insider?

#FindArjen

DvhQTJCWwAAn3g-.jpg:large

Source of the picture: Twitter

IJskimo‏ @IJskimo

The search is still on! #FindArjen #35c3

IJskimo on Twitter

Last edited:
And in an amazing coincidence...I do not post in Twitter although I have an account. I opened up Twitter and what do I see? The smiling face of AK. How’s that possible? I was thinking about AK and BAM he appears on Twitter. He’s never far from my thoughts.

This case has a hold on me and won’t let go.

Jan 6 2019
rbbm
“Keep looking out for him is our message” – NORWAY NEWS – latest news, breaking stories and comment – NORWAY NEWS
"Four months after Dutch cyber security expert Arjen Kamphuis disappeared in Norway, his friends and family believe that he is still alive and that he chose to disappear himself. He previously also disappeared from the radar, they said to newspaper AD.

“We take into account that Arjen might have been in a mental emergency”, Ancilla van de Leest said, speaking on behalf of the missing man’s friends and family. “His stressful life, combined with high intelligence and sitting on your own for weeks, could lead to that.” Kirk Wiebe, NSA whistleblower and a colleague of Kamphuis, believes the same. “There are indications for the scenario that Arjen wanted to disappear from the radar himself.”

"Kamphuis also previously disappeared for a time after a private setback, “people involved” said to AD. Though at that time he did tell some of his friends where he was going. This past period was stressful for Kamphuis and his friends believe he may have done the same thing now.

At the same time, his friends don’t rule out the other possibilities – that he fell victim to an accident or crime. The Norwegian police are also keeping all the options open. A spokesperson said to AD that they consider one of the scenarios more likely than the others, but he did not want to say which one."

I still don't understand how Arjen would be able to 'live' a stealthy life *without* help.

(Off-topic, but worth mentioning, mrs. Hagen was abducted on October 31st. Her kidnap was kept secret for 10 weeks. The kidnappers requested a ransom in cryptocurrency and KRIPOS has no idea where to look. KRIPOS, the elite force, seems to be stuck. KRIPOS also reached a dead end in the investigation into Arjen's disappearance.)

If Arjen has chosen to disappear himself, then perhaps he has wanted to make a statement. Watch out for digitalisation. Watch out for 5G (for instance). Why should we all go along with these developments? On TV we are being told: there is no turning back. Says who? I'm living perfectly well with 0G. That's right, I have no smart phone. And I don't miss any.

We don't need to join in. We don't need all those built-in chips everywhere. Why are they making us believe that we need all that ? (I apologise for my language) Just because nerds and geeks love to develop new stuff, doesn't mean that the stuff is good for us. We don't need to abide.

I still don't understand how Arjen would be able to 'live' a stealthy life *without* help.

(Off-topic, but worth mentioning, mrs. Hagen was abducted on October 31st. Her kidnap was kept secret for 10 weeks. The kidnappers requested a ransom in cryptocurrency and KRIPOS has no idea where to look. KRIPOS, the elite force, seems to be stuck. KRIPOS also reached a dead end in the investigation into Arjen's disappearance.)

If Arjen has chosen to disappear himself, then perhaps he has wanted to make a statement. Watch out for digitalisation. Watch out for 5G (for instance). Why should we all go along with these developments? On TV we are being told: there is no turning back. Says who? I'm living perfectly well with 0G. That's right, I have no smart phone. And I don't miss any.

We don't need to join in. We don't need all those built-in chips everywhere. Why are they making us believe that we need all that ****? (I apologise for my language) Just because nerds and geeks love to develop new stuff, doesn't mean that the stuff is good for us. We don't need to abide.
I started to think that something terrible happend and that LE shows lack of investigation for some reason!
I dont think he stay hidden "voluntarily" without leaving his family and friends a word!

Nothing seems what it is and do not know why,but today I was thinking about your post /theory about what could have happend...seems far fetched,but I do remember that about month after Arjens disappearance, the police posted a small motor boat that was found.
I think it must be odd to leave something unclaimed...
Twitter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back