TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call it outpouring as much as resistant to name a person without any evidence. The second some contrary evidence comes out that will change. Right now all the evidence points to a murder-suicide.
I'm not trying to be oppositional but is there evidence besides the ME's ruling?

I can’t personally think of any case where LE knowingly let a murderer remain free when there was PC to arrest, just so they could continue to build their case. They can do that while he sits in jail. But I’ll take your word that it’s happened (idk about MANY times though). Based on this logic, you’re saying you wouldn’t consider someone that murdered a mother and 2 children “a threat”? And considering his wealth, I’d also consider him a flight risk. If LE thinks he did it, and they have enough evidence for PC to arrest, I think he’s exactly the type of person you wouldn’t want to leave on the streets while you gather additional evidence. Especially with the public in such a tizzy. JMO. PC to arrest is a pretty low standard, and I think an alibi that wasn’t checking out whatsoever (which is how Sheriff made it sound) plus the other surrounding circumstances that made everyone suspicious from the beginning, plus the insistence of abuse by friends, would give them PC. MOO.

A threat to who? Don't confuse someone who committed a crime of passion with that of a serial killer who is out there to kill his next victim. As for him having money and being a flight risk? Great! I actually think they will love him to go on the run. Just solidifies and their case and gives the Sheriff who many accuse of playing up to the public because of his re-election an even bigger platform with the media.

But reality if he was really guilty he wont run. How many rich men accused of murder have gone on the run? He is too rich and too lawyer-ed up to go on the run, It's usually the poor ones who cant afford the best legal team who go on the run. The strategy for the rich is the same. Hire the best legal team, let them go on the offensive and make big noise while the POI remains silent and invisible.

Exactly and I am sure CWs attorney is paying close attention as they should.

Even if they finally clear him some will still think he is guilty anyway simply because he happpened to be this woman's boyfriend.

Some already believe the ME is wrong even though the ME has the experience and has no skin in the game one way or the other.

It seems it's far easier to blame the male even though mothers murdering their own children and committing or unsuccessfully trying to commit suicide is not new by any means.

She was the one who was losing her wealthy lifestyle.. not him. The home belonged to him so what would be the motive? She wasnt making him move out where he would financially lose anything. She would be the one left to start a new life having to solely provide for her children. She wasn't leaving him. He was the one who decided the relationship wasn't working.

Imo there were far more red flags in her life showing she killed her children and then killed herself.

I have no reason to doubt the MEs findings. I do believe CW is innocent for I've seen no evidence supporting he is guilty of anything.

He has been publicly excoriated by this Sheriff and if it has caused CW to be harrassed or had death threats made against him I hope his attorney sues this Sheriff like others have done with Sheriff Israel in Florida. Even lawmen can be sued.

This Sheriff could easily have done his investigation without all the limelight and behind the scene.. Most Sheriffs do and all he had to say..if anthing.. is they are continuing to investigate...period end of comments just like most LE department heads do in so many cases.

He also could have simply said 'we are not ruling anything out or in nor anyone in or out at this time and we will let the media know the findings once we have completed the death investigation. '

I get the distinct feeling he is trying to impress someone or someones for his own personal reasons.

Jmo

Has it been in MSM that he had decided the relationship wasn't working? I missed that.

Another thought to explain the Sheriff's behavior...he stated in MSM that his sister had been contacted at her place of employment by NO fam or friends with tales about CW and then a few days ago in MSM there was an article about members of the BCSO receiving threats (never attributed to this case, but not a stretch to think it was, given the outcry). Could Sheriff be worried about that and trying to appease the family with FBI and vague statements?

I can’t personally think of any case where LE knowingly let a murderer remain free when there was PC to arrest, just so they could continue to build their case. They can do that while he sits in jail. But I’ll take your word that it’s happened (idk about MANY times though). Based on this logic, you’re saying you wouldn’t consider someone that murdered a mother and 2 children “a threat”? And considering his wealth, I’d also consider him a flight risk. If LE thinks he did it, and they have enough evidence for PC to arrest, I think he’s exactly the type of person you wouldn’t want to leave on the streets while you gather additional evidence. Especially with the public in such a tizzy. JMO. PC to arrest is a pretty low standard, and I think an alibi that wasn’t checking out whatsoever (which is how Sheriff made it sound) plus the other surrounding circumstances that made everyone suspicious from the beginning, plus the insistence of abuse by friends, would give them PC. MOO.
So glad your back posting Jay Deuce. You made some great points!

I'm beginning to think there's A LOT of issues in the BCSO:

Second member of BCSO command staff confirms he's stepping down

In his resignation he wrote :eek:o_O:

"Most of us want to follow a leader who will walk out to the front lines with us and help us fight the battle. It is easy to respect a boss who is willing to get dirty with you. Employees will always work harder for a boss who works alongside them, who understands the difficulties of the day-to-day routine and who is willing to help them do the hardest and most grueling parts of the job."

Astounding Bexar County Sheriff's deputy arrest rate continues to skyrocket

"Twenty-four Bexar County Sheriff’s Office staffers have now been arrested this year, more than double the total from 2017. And there are still four weeks left in the year..."

Seems it's a very good thing if the FBI oversees this case IMO, JMO, etc.

the sheriff saying it could be an unknown individual(s) is potentially possible. i can't see it as a random robbery. if it was not a NO m/s then it looks to be some kind of quasi professional triple murder done to look like a m/s in my opinion. the ME seems to have ruled there was enough evidence to support a conclusion of a suicide and 2 murders. the sheriff is not disagreeing that it looks like a suicide he seems to be questioning who murdered the two girls. in any event i find it reasonable to gather all possible evidence to get as close a look at what events lead up to the crime and what events after the crime from all possible known sources. also, the POI drama from the lawyer is sorta a cheap shot because while the public's misunderstanding of POI might be leading to a smearing of CW, LE itself is in no way smearing CW. LE is doing what should be done although i do have questions as to some of the personalities in LE. as usual, MOO.

A threat to who? Don't confuse someone who committed a crime of passion with that of a serial killer who is out there to kill his next victim. As for him having money and being a flight risk? Great! I actually think they will love him to go on the run. Just solidifies and their case and gives the Sheriff who many accuse of playing up to the public because of his re-election an even bigger platform with the media.

But reality if he was really guilty he wont run. How many rich men accused of murder have gone on the run? He is too rich and too lawyer-ed up to go on the run, It's usually the poor ones who cant afford the best legal team who go on the run. The strategy for the rich is the same. Hire the best legal team, let them go on the offensive and make big noise while the POI remains silent and invisible.

Sorry—tried my best to continue our friendly debate but I genuinely dont understand what you’re trying to say here...maybe I’m just tired? What I will say in response to what I THINK you’re saying is: damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

I live and grew up in this county. The sheriff is new. Most sheriffs have been there for years. Possibly he wants to make a name for himself and get on Dateline or one of those shows. I came on here because I have some mutual friends and I hear talk and gossip but I really have no criticism of the sheriff. Let him do his job with all the critics and family who don't want to accept truths. Possibly the fathers of the girls were not happy with the situation; pure speculation but she may have been facing a custody issue that she did not want to face. My good friend, who is my stylist, knows her. I will see him this weekend and see what insight he can provide. I just keep thinking about the fathers who may have not approved of the girls in this home though they were in very good schools. Had this been happening, her life would have been shaken up beyond what she was used to and not liked it.

I'm beginning to think there's A LOT of issues in the BCSO:

Second member of BCSO command staff confirms he's stepping down

In his resignation he wrote :eek:o_O:

"Most of us want to follow a leader who will walk out to the front lines with us and help us fight the battle. It is easy to respect a boss who is willing to get dirty with you. Employees will always work harder for a boss who works alongside them, who understands the difficulties of the day-to-day routine and who is willing to help them do the hardest and most grueling parts of the job."

Astounding Bexar County Sheriff's deputy arrest rate continues to skyrocket

"Twenty-four Bexar County Sheriff’s Office staffers have now been arrested this year, more than double the total from 2017. And there are still four weeks left in the year..."

Seems it's a very good thing if the FBI oversees this case IMO, JMO, etc.

I don't know when the Sheriff started. If it was recently, could he be driving the clean-up in the office (high deputy arrest rate) and putting noses out of joint (high resignation numbers)?

I don't know when the Sheriff started. If it was recently, could he be driving the clean-up in the office (high deputy arrest rate) and putting noses out of joint (high resignation numbers)?
He started very recently, in the fall.
I believe it was in the fall. Prior there was a woman sheriff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member