CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got 65 percent of the total price, and he was supposed to buy all the materials and pay MSM to do the stainless steel work. Whatever was left over was his profit. Apparently he spent the money he was supposed to be using to pay MSM and Joey had to pay them since they had already done the work. It seems the arrangement didn't work out so at some point he just had to pay MSM directly

So I recall 'other account books' or something like that coming up before... I'm wondering what the arrangement was with Chase and this is what we have talked about in the past. Did Chase get 65% minus expenses and materials? Or did Joey pay him outright? If he paid him outright, that doesn't explain why Joey was paying the MSM bills at all then, and why Sequieda's understood that it was Joey who was paying. It also doesn't explain why Chase would have or had used Joey's credit cards (if he did). I think even in the interview, he mentions other 'books' or something between him and Joey... I hope we get to see those. I think Chase said on a 10K water fountain, he actually only made about $1800 after supplies, etc. (the video hasn't been uploaded yet, but hoping to listen to it again tonight)

I hope that they get to the financials soon. I worry that they are putting out tidbits without explaining it all, I think it needs to be explained, soon. JMO

My understanding is, during Opening Statements, Raj Maline continued on after McGee with his own statement. Unless I'm blind, I don't see a video of that on YouTube Law and Crime. Is there a transcript floating around somewhere?

My understanding is, during Opening Statements, Raj Maline continued on after McGee with his own statement. Unless I'm blind, I don't see a video of that on YouTube Law and Crime. Is there a transcript of that floating around somewhere?

Nope :( They let a local camera stay... and they left early!!!! There is some video taken on a cell phone on Cathy Russon (@cathyrusson) | Twitter you will have to go way back and see if you can find it.

Is that pathway behind the house wide enough for a vehicle to drive down it? I couldn't tell from the only pic someone posted of it. I would think if the fence had had pickets removed and reattached it would be fairly visible (and the sound noticeable to neighbors).

Sunset in Fallbrook area is about 5:20 in February of 2010, so it would be full dark when the perp moves his truck from the driveway to the rear (speculative). Nor would I confine myself to the area you're describing. The area appears to be flat enough to accommodate a vehicle with or without a formal road. There is (was) a road down to the area and close to the Mcstay home from the Avocado mountain grove, and another access from an access lot off Avocado Vista. In this satellite photo, you can actually see what appear to be tire tracks in what appears to be a dirt area. The two small red dots indicate two possible access points.

Attachments

• Avocado Vista Rear Access 4.JPG
    Avocado Vista Rear Access 4.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 22
You're welcome :) Here is the most of what she got:

Cathy Russon on Twitter

There are a few other short clips, but this has the bulk of what she could get.

O/T... where in Canuckland are you? :)
Thanks for doing that. I probably would have been floundering around forever searching for it.

I'm from Toronto, but left Canuckland with my husband many moons ago and am in Southern California. And you?

It’s important to define what you’re describing, I’m referring to the home desktop computer you appear to be referring to the Quickbooks’ server.

I would have been referring to an internet based version of Quickbooks. A desktop with a software version with no access to the internet would have to be accessed from the desktop.

Thanks for doing that. I probably would have been floundering around forever searching for it.

I'm from Toronto, but left Canuckland with my husband many moons ago and am in Southern California. And you?

I'm in Southern Saskatchewan :) And you are welcome again... I happened to have her twitter page open so just scrolled to find it :)

Maline is really starting to grate my nerves with his pointless questions. Like "They had sold fountains across the country and around the world, isn't that correct?" He has no directive with this question. It supports no narrative other than the company was successful. He vaguely tried to insinuate MSM could have been a part of the murders with the notion that they wanted a bigger piece of the pie with EIP's sales.

I agree. My impression of him is that he is way over his head, ineffective at cross, and not the sharpest knife in the block. The other dude, however, could be a worthly opponent, but he doesn't have much to work with. He's also a bit "pouty." :)

Sunset in Fallbrook area is about 5:20 in February of 2010, so it would be full dark when the perp moves his truck from the driveway to the rear (speculative). Nor would I confine myself to the area you're describing. The area appears to be flat enough to accommodate a vehicle with or without a formal road. There is (was) a road down to the area and close to the Mcstay home from the Avocado mountain grove, and another access from an access lot off Avocado Vista. In this satellite photo, you can actually see what appear to be tire tracks in what appears to be a dirt area. The two small red dots indicate two possible access points.

Thanks for that Thelma, I still think it's a stretch for CM to be able to dismantle and reattach pickets and feel comfortable no neighbors would hear or remember such.

I've been stalking the youtube page... finally have a video up with the recording.. BUT... I think it's out of order lol it's missing the first part, from before the break.. will keep monitoring the page to see if they fix it and add the other part

NEVERMIND... it's in this video, starts at 42:30ish:

In regards to Chase's interview with law enforcement. There is not a second where I believe that Chase Merritt was paid 65% of sales.
Not a second.
Nor do I believe that he was allowed to use credit cards and checks of the business at his free will.
This is all made up so that Chase can explain his stealing from Joey before and after Joey was dead.

I really hope that the prosecution can make this very clear to the jury.
Follow the money!

In regards to Chase's interview with law enforcement. There is not a second where I believe that Chase Merritt was paid 65% of sales.
Not a second.
Nor do I believe that he was allowed to use credit cards and checks of the business at his free will.
This is all made up so that Chase can explain his stealing from Joey before and after Joey was dead.

I really hope that the prosecution can make this very clear to the jury.
Follow the money!

He says 65% MINUS the costs... he uses an example (and I think is showing them paperwork), on a 9500-10000 fountain, he makes about $1500-$1800. So actually he only makes 15-18%.

I don't know what to think about the credit card info, I can't see why Joey would do that at all.

It was mentioned earlier that Chase said no one was at Chick-Fil-A... it's all about context and this was really hard to hear earlier. IMO when he says he was the only one there, I believe he is meaning that Joey was only meeting with Chase, no one else... not Michael.

1:18:45 of this video is where it's mentioned about not seeing anyone at Chick-Fil-A. You have to listen to the question that is asked of him first, DuGal asks if he (Joey) talks to Michael at Chick-Fil-A (this is the second time I have heard DuGal ask this so far)... then this is what I hear:

as far as I know the only person that Joseph saw Thursday at Chick-Fil-A, well I know for a fact the only person he saw at Chick-Fil-A was me, there was nobody... then it sounds like DuGal and Fisk (??) talking to each other and Fisk says 'did Michael say he was at Chick-Fil-A' and Dugal says 'yeah', she asks 'what time' ... D: 'lunch'.. F: 'maybe it was before'... then she asks Merritt who went their first, you are him. Chase goes on to say there is no way Mikey was out there for lunch that day with him.

I wonder why they think Michael was there at lunch time and met with Joseph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong