GUILTY AZ - Sex abuse probe after patient in vegetative state has baby, Phoenix, 29 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

Details on the 911 call at the time of the baby's birth. Yikes.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/We-had-no-idea-she-was-pregnant-911-call-13528826.php

Can you just imagine the profound shock of walking into the patient's room and finding a recently delivered infant struggling to breathe under the sheets of an incapacitated patient?? Holy buckets.

Nursing home staff are not trained or prepared for this kind of thing. I hope they're all doing ok.

A nurse delivered the baby, even LPN has basic L & D training.
Guess one LPN was absent during “basic patient care”, class.
Omg, I can’t believe he is not incarcerated. He’s a rapist. Imagine living next door to him. Yikes

Last edited:
The fact that she was impregnated proves to me there was penetration. If he is going to try and sell he had sperm on his hands it's the equivalent of getting pregnant off a toilet seat LOL Did he not wash his hands and don gloves when giving direct care? Puleeeze!!!!! IMO

Another things that chaps my arse is why was a male giving such personal care to a vulnerable female patient ( if he was instructed to do so) She was unable to make that choice. I'm sure if she had a choice she would ask for a female. I know I would. IMO

Another things that chaps my arse is why was a male giving such personal care to a vulnerable female patient ( if he was instructed to do so) She was unable to make that choice. I'm sure if she had a choice she would ask for a female. I know I would. IMO

And, why was he giving direct care to other women, evidently Unsupervised?
Wonder if he realized she was pregnant.
How often was he having sex with her? Did he get unlucky & impregnate her the first Time? I doubt it?
Did anyone notice she stopped having periods?

What surprises me is that knew someone ready to put $500,000 in cash to bail him out. He looks like such a low life. Maybe the police should investigate the person who had that kind of cash lying around.

Nurse Nathan Sutherland is arrested.

Hacienda CEO Bill Timmons resigns, primary care doctor Dr. Thanh Nguyen is suspended.

Both "professionals" free to go forward with their lives.

Nurse Nathan Sutherland is arrested.

Hacienda CEO Bill Timmons resigns, primary care doctor Dr. Thanh Nguyen is suspended.

Both "professionals" free to go forward with their lives.

In all honesty, the CEO & primary doctor can't follow a nurse around for his shift. IMO.
Someone on shift with him had to know he was up to no good, or at least spending too long with a certain patient.
Idk...I’m old fashioned I guess. Put male nurses with male patients, if the patient isn’t capable of communication.
I mean...,was he bathing & changing her? If so, wtf was going on then?

Wonder how many actually knew or suspected but didn’t mention it.

I think a lot of people just don't suspect anything that's way above and beyond anything they have experienced before. I mean, of all the issues that you feel prepared to handle in your workplace should they arise... in your wildest dreams would this be one of them? Some us have come to expect the worst from people, and accept that it's not paranoia to keep your eyes open for the evil that lurks around vulnerable people. But for those for whom an act like this is still way outside of the scope of their imagination, it could be easy be oblivious even if there are signs. Doesn't make them bad people, nor does it make them stupid. In fact, those who have lived through this as staff members in the facility that has been under the microscope all this time will have changed in that respect. I'd say a lot of them are life members of the "acutely aware club" now.

EDIT: Something that I think I should clarify... I am not referring to primary care doctors missing a pregnancy in the above post. I can't understand any reason for that happening. I was thinking more of support staff who might have some day to day contact with residents, and are acquainted with rest of the staff. The ones who may have been around some signs if they think back on it now, but aren't actually working with patients on enough of a one on one basis to see anything that's glaringly obvious.

Last edited:
I'm not a medical person.

I'm challenged daily to keep up with my own health and not grab that Snickers calling to me when checking out at the grocery store.

What I can't understand is how nobody knew she was pregnant . . . at a health facility . . . with a large family. . . for months.

Lawyer for devout Christian nurse, 36, who was arrested for raping a 29-year-old quadriplegic patient says there's 'no direct evidence' - despite his DNA linking him to her baby

Nurse's lawyer says there's no proof he raped a quadriplegic woman who gave birth | Daily Mail Online
I don't think I could even manage to read the defence argument for the indefensible right now. Stories like this have their different stages... the initial shock headline, the manhunt, the stories about past red flags and lack of preventative action... and now we're up to the sickeningly ludicrous defence argument. Every single one of these stages turns a different screw in your gut along the way. I really feel for this woman, the baby, her family, and the San Carlos Apache tribe as well. I hope this defence argument doesn't drag things out. If common sense prevails, it won't.

Who posted bail?

Also, I’m not linking bc of irrelevancy, some reports state the devil,is in Maricopa jail. Some state he was released.

I hope the vicyim’s family wins mega millions in damages.

Curious what shift this guy worked. I’m guessing overnights. MOO

I read he did work the night shift.
No link, sorry.
His shift supervisor is negligent, imo. Are we going to find he/she sat at a desk playing Candy Crush? Hope not. But, it sure doesn’t sound like she shadowed or walked the unit. Jmo

We see this inappropriate behavior with male guards in female prisons.
Duh
Why is it deemed appropriate to put a male alone with a female patient or inmate?
Pisses me off.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member