Found Deceased IA - Corey Brown, 13, Marshalltown, 22 Jan 2019

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
13-year-old Corey Brown was last seen Tuesday night around 11:15 in the area of Jackie Terrace. He is 5’ and 98 pounds with brown hair. He was wearing a red shirt, black pants, grey shoes with a green Nike logo, a black and lime green coat, and a Seattle Seahawks stocking hat.

Police Seek Help in Search for Missing Marshalltown Teen

brown_corey.jpg

Just saw this on my local news site - I live about an hour from Marshalltown, and last night we were under a winter storm warning. It was cold, snowy, and icy all across the state. I wonder what he was doing outside so late in the middle of a blizzard. Hopefully they find him soon safe.

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (KCCI) — A 13-year-old boy who suddenly disappeared in the middle of a snowstorm was still missing Wednesday night, as brutally cold temperatures and blustery winds sweep the state.

Marshalltown police Chief Michael Tupper said investigators are interviewing Corey's friends and following up on tips they have received throughout the day.

Tupper said there is no evidence to indicate that Corey is missing outside. He said he believes Corey is OK and the police department's No. 1 goal is to bring the teenager home safely.

A few people have called the police department with possible sightings that turned out to be inaccurate, Tupper said.

"From my experience," the police chief said, "chances are very good that the young man has communicated with somebody that he knows and is potentially with somebody that he's met or knows quite well."

13-year-old Iowa boy still missing as brutal cold settles in

Marshalltown Police Department

BROWN INVESTIGATION UPDATE

PUBLIC INFO & ASSISTANCE REQUEST

The Marshalltown Police Department continues to seek public information concerning the whereabouts of Corey Brown, age 13.

Corey was last seen in the area of Jackie Terrace around 11:15 pm on January 22. Corey was wearing a red shirt, black pants, grey tennis shoes with a lime green Nike logo, a black and lime green coat and a Seattle Seahawks stocking cap.

We are making the following public request for assistance. We ask all property owners in Marshalltown (private and commercial) to thoroughly check all properties, homes, buildings, garages, sheds, vehicles, etc. for Brown. It is possible this young man continues to walk about in our community and he could use these locations to hide or seek shelter.

If anyone has any information about this investigation, please report this information immediately to the Marshalltown Police Department by calling 641.754.5725.

upload_2019-1-24_17-17-39.png

'Please come home': Corey Brown's parents make plea for his safe return

A central Iowa community remained on edge Thursday night as the search continued for a 13-year-old boy who left home in the middle of a snowstorm and hasn't been seen since.

Subfreezing temperatures and blustery winds that threatened frostbite complicated search efforts for Marshalltown eighth-grader Corey Brown, who was last seen around 11:15 p.m. near the Jackie Terrace neighborhood. Surveillance video captured footage of Brown leaving the house hours after he apparently had a fight with his parents, the Marshalltown police chief said.
I kind of figured he had an argument with his parents to be out this late in a snowstorm. I can't imagine what his parents are feeling like now. Hopefully he's just hiding out with a friend and will surface soon. How awful for the parents. :( I hope he didn't meet with foul play.

Desperate hunt for boy, 13, who ran away from home after fight | Daily Mail Online

A teenager from Iowa has been missing since Tuesday night after he left home following a fight with his parents during a snowstorm.

upload_2019-1-26_0-7-49.jpeg

Corey Brown, 13, was last seen wearing a Seattle Seahawks cap, a red shirt and black pants around 11.15 pm in an area near Marshalltown where he lives.

Police Chief Mike Tupper said he is growing increasingly concerned due to the length of time Corey has been missing and because of adverse weather conditions.

He asked property owners to check garages, sheds and vehicles in case the teen sought refuge from the snowstorm, which moved into the area earlier this week.

Footage from the family's security system shows Corey walking away from their home Tuesday night after he was scolded and his parents took away his cellphone as punishment.

His parents Michelle and Craig Brown, along with investigators, held a news conference locally to raise awareness about their missing son.

His mother told KCCI: 'Corey, you know how much we love you. And I’m not going to stop until we find you. If you’re out there, please come home.

[...]

This is heartbreaking!:( It seems if he were at a friend’s house, even sneaking, would he have missed school? Would the friend suddenly be “sick” and need to stay home? I’m sure they’ve checked into that. I hope that’s all this is...

This is heartbreaking!:( It seems if he were at a friend’s house, even sneaking, would he have missed school? Would the friend suddenly be “sick” and need to stay home? I’m sure they’ve checked into that. I hope that’s all this is...
I'm in Iowa. The weather in that area has been brutal since last Friday really. Many schools in the area he lives have not been in school literally since last Thursday. They have either been completely closed, got out very early (by noon) or had late starts. I can't say 100% for his school, but today really may of been the 1st day they were back the entire week and with a late start. The town I'm from hasn't been in school since last Friday and today had a late start.
I would be very concerned that he slipped on snow/ice in the dark and was buried by the snow or even a plow.
I have to admit I was surprised to read he had an argument with his parents and "ran away".

I'm in Iowa. The weather in that area has been brutal since last Friday really. Many schools in the area he lives have not been in school literally since last Thursday. They have either been completely closed, got out very early (by noon) or had late starts. I can't say 100% for his school, but today really may of been the 1st day they were back the entire week and with a late start. The town I'm from hasn't been in school since last Friday and today had a late start.
I would be very concerned that he slipped on snow/ice in the dark and was buried by the snow or even a plow.
I have to admit I was surprised to read he had an argument with his parents and "ran away".

Thank you for that info! I, too, am worried about him having an accident due to the weather. I hope we hear some good news soon!

I’m an hour away. Outside leaf blowing the snow right now. Temp is 10 degrees, windchill zero degrees. I always try to stay optimistic but unless he’s inside somewhere there’s no way to survive long in this kind of weather. Imo. Wonder where he would go. Prayers for the family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back